Damge Build for Shen (AP/AD/Health?)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jadarok

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-19-2011

I really like the style of Shen, but he really seems to lack damage. If I miss with my Shadow Dash, it feels like I might as well just head home. If I wanted to give Shen some extra damage so I'm actually scarey in team fights, what's the most efficient way to go about it?

Do I just get Health items to make my Ki Strike as power as possible? AP to give me a potent Vorpal while also buffing my shields? Or is it easier to just build up AD? I'm just trying to find some fun alternatives to shen besides doing a generic tank build. Seems to make him even more of a one trick poney, only being useful for a Clutch Shadow Dash.

On a side note, Does the bonus damage from Ki strike benefit from Life Steal?

Nimrook

08-19-2011

The sad fact is that in his current form he just isn't going to do much damage as a tank. His abilities don't have much AP scaling and if you stack HP to make Ki Strike stronger you obviously won't have as much armor/mr to tank well. That being said, once I've finished my main tank build sometimes I'll add a void staff, deathfire grasp or possibly atma's just to add a little burst against squishies.

Honestly you're better off just hoping he gets buffed soon.

Jadarok

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-19-2011

Well of course, but of the three...which is the most efficient way to make Shen do some damage?

ViewtifulOne

08-19-2011

^ what Freaky said, lol. Getting Shen to do more than peanuts for damage and be tanky at all is an uphill battle at the moment.

I like Sunfire/Atmas if I wanna do damage as Shen because then I don't sacrifice too much tankiness (you still sacrifice some but not as much as other options).

Trinity Force can add some damage to just about any character, and Shen benefits from all it's stats (but the extra mana :P) because it gives Q and W a bit of AP, some health for Ki Strike, and Phage's slow so he can do some CC other than Shadow Dash once a fight. Problem is it's really expensive so you're really sacrificing tankiness. It's like a "oh, I'm fed as hell somehow, what should I get now?" last item thing if you don't need more tankiness.

-------
Also, Ki Strike is magic damage so Spell Vamp would be the way to go if you want HP back from it. Which is nice because that means you get HP back from Q as well if you get Spell Vamp (Vorpal Blade is also magic damage).

edit: Oh, and W is just about useless at the moment, I don't even waste using Energy for it in teamfights. Q whoever your AD carry is focusing so they get some healing and then just taunt whenever it's off CD, if the fights last long enough for more than one use. Also, you're not entirely useless other than that, you can hang around to block stuff like Cait's ult or Nidalee's spears and such for your squishies.