"Wards bought: __" score/counter needed!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LionFishBerserkr

08-19-2011

League of Legends needs a "number of wards bought" stat/score/counter somewhere;
preferably it would be shown during the game,
on the scoreboard or next to the teammates' pictures (upper left) maybe.
Something as simple as a small icon/picture of the type of ward with a number next to it would be wonderful.

A set of statistics relating to wards bought/placed would also be nice for the after-report in the match history stats, but that would be icing on the cake imo.

I think we can all agree that encouragement through score-keeping of this strongly team-oriented activity (ward buying/placing), which is similar to the assist score,
would promote better game play in general through team organization, and influence community attitude positively.

P.S.
I'll bet I'm not the only one who feels like they are the only person who ever does the thankless job of buying wards
in "normal" games- particularly soloque or any non-5-man-premade.

Wasselin

08-22-2011

It should be Wards Placed, not bought.

PwnHead

Master Recruiter

08-22-2011

good idea, so some people would be more motivated to buy wards

HngryHngryHobo

Adjudicator

08-22-2011

The only problem with that being an in game feature is if both teams can see the "wards placed" by all other members it will be too obvious how much the other team is warding or not warding which is a bit too much of a strategic advantage in my opinion. However I can see it being show in the end game stats screen.

PwnHead

Master Recruiter

08-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by HngryHngryHobo View Post
The only problem with that being an in game feature is if both teams can see the "wards placed" by all other members it will be too obvious how much the other team is warding or not warding which is a bit too much of a strategic advantage in my opinion. However I can see it being show in the end game stats screen.
I think you are right, the enemy team should not see the current amount of wards placed by the other team. Showing it in the end game stats screen would be one possibility. But how about showing it when you are ingame, bot only for your team. There are often "discussions" going on like

"Buy wards Janna noob"
"OMG NOONE OF YOU BOUGHT A SINGLE WARD I WILL RAGEQUIT NOOBS"

but that feature is only important for elo hell i think.

Buraco Fundo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2011

this is a nice thing to put ingame but on the end of the game, on statistics where it shows how much gold you got and things like that... it will help a bit on the tribunal too due to some guys start buying wards and putting on the base... i think that shouyld be nice... bu not in gameplay.

Maelkeleth

08-23-2011

Just the other day I was thinking that this would be a very good stat to see at the end of the game (probably in the graph section, by the gold earned). Not for a QQ you guys didn't buy any wards baww baww reason but to know how well YOU played and contributed to the team. +1 for sure!

TrollTrollington

08-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by HngryHngryHobo View Post
What they could do is make it only visible to the teammates, kind of how "Ultimate Ready" is only known to teammates. Then after the match it can be reveled how many were placed.

Billenstein

07-23-2012

Semi-necro bump because I didn't want to repeat the thread for the same idea. I know it could be gamed by trolls but then you know they're trolling anyway. I'd like to see this, not just as a bit of extra back-patting for my support roles, but also to see numbers from the other team as well, as a comparison at the end of the game.

Drogeist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-25-2012

Yep. Good idea right here.