Why Sexual Orientation Matters to Some People

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CritFromTheBong

08-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkdealer View Post
inb4 thread closed. Riot sucks like that :/

"The old, in out, in out."
It that A Clockwork Orange?

Eviant

08-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uccisore View Post
This. I grew up rural and poor (half Irish, but that's irrelevant). I have five generations of hunting, farming, the Gospel, and dirty fingernails in my history. I go to a liberal university. You know how they treat people here who have fired a gun, or drive a truck, or listen to the wrong music, or speak with the wrong accent? Gay people get their own ****ing thanksgiving dinner hosted by the deans of my college every year here. The gay flag flies on the quad for a month straight. If I told any of my stories about growing up, I wouldn't have any friends at all. I have to listen to badmouthing about 'rednecks' and 'Christers' from students and faculty alike, all **** day.
I'm sorry for you. This isn't trying to be a "Who has it worse" type of thread, so please, keep that out. It's not downplaying your experiences, but everyone has **** to deal with. So, if the issues like that are here, make a thread about it, and help this community deal with it. If not, go deal with it in the appropriate places so you guys can stop being persecuted. That's what we are working at ourselves.

Somepants

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChaw View Post
lol what assumption did i make about other peoples assumptions?
well,

Quote:
your perception of this common trend is probably just a stereotype you have about gays

here's one. I could go find others, if you want.

Quote:
if i make a thread saying i want gay people to add me, you wouldnt draw the conclusion that i dont like straight people since being straight is the "norm" in which 100% of the population accepts as moral

MaruFrozen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-19-2011

Quote:
i never said i ONLY want to befriend gay people. im just explaining why some gay people want to meet others who are gay as well. yes, i do have a lot of straight friends (so we don't actually disagree with the statement that we should befriend with anyone regardless of sexual orientation) , but i want to make some gay friends too.
Why? Why does it matter that they're gay in order to share the same feelings as you? Why does it matter that they're gay in order to like the same things as you? Why does it matter that they're gay at all? You know why it matters?

It doesn't. It really doesn't.

WayneChaw

Recruiter

08-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaruFrozen View Post
Why? Why does it matter that they're gay in order to share the same feelings as you? Why does it matter that they're gay in order to like the same things as you? Why does it matter that they're gay at all? You know why it matters?

It doesn't. It really doesn't.
lol, dont tell me what should or should not matter to me, if i feel something matters to me, who are you to tell me it shouldnt?

Imation29

08-19-2011

I hate gays who flaunt "I'm gay. Deal with it."

It's like...I deal with it perfectly fine and even accept you until you start rubbing it in everyones face that you like the same gender. Seriously, shut the hell up and go away.

Stupidhurts

08-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkdealer View Post
inb4 thread closed. Riot sucks like that :/

Lol bedroom fun... Dat euphemism.

"The old, in out, in out."
Time for some of that old ultra-violence.

(Not an anti-gay statement, merely quoting Clockwork Orange. I love gays.)

Damienray

08-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyLynn View Post
sexual orientation doesnt matter, gays want to be accepted as being no different than anyone else, if they'd stop acting like self entitled ******bags who ARE different, maybe theyd get what they want,
A lot of minorities segregate themselves which tends to defeat their entire cause. "We want to be equal but we want to cling to people who ONLY have our belief system". Not really a way to get acceptance. In all actuality, most hardcore equality minded people tend to defeat their own arguments/causes by segregating themselves in the name of such. Be different in your beliefs and what not.... that's great individualism should be celebrated... Not segregated. It's self defeating.

Mongobeef

08-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristol View Post
You're right. And would anyone question why you might want to hang out with other Irishmen? That's the point of this thread.
I am not comparing "persecution-peens." I'm not arguing whether or not gays are "zomg the most persekuted group evar!" All I'm saying is that experiencing life as a marginalized group often leads one to seek out the company of others who have similar life experiences.
Silly person, the difference is your assuming that people here don't understand being in a minority, I am a minority. and guess what. I DON'T USE THAT AS MY PRIMARY REASON FOR FINDING PEOPLE TO HANG OUT WITH. I don't care what your orientation is, oh your not irish? what ever, your a person first and foremost and guess what I find common things that people like...ya know like playing LoL, if your looking for friends on here, if your gay or anything else, It doesn't matter, test the water and deal with it. If your looking for a handout of trying to find people who are just gay your limiting the scope of your search.

You need to expand beyond your tiny group if your ever going to change the world. Dammed fool, you will never change anything if you keep congregating toward the same kinds of people over and over.

TO CHANGE THE WORLD'S VIEW OF YOURSELF, YOU HAVE TO BE BETTER THEN WHAT THEY THINK YOU ARE. To stop hatred and pain and all the suffering, you have to being something other people look up to, and guess how that's never going to happen. by limiting yourself to just those who more or less "the same" as you

TheNiloc

08-19-2011

i don't think this **** matters anymore its 2011, this conversation is 10 years ago.