Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Choose nexus' base health

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vainfall

Senior Member

08-19-2011

No reason not to do this. You can only gain, can't lose from this.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arehera

Junior Member

08-19-2011

I really like this idea. The ability to choose how long you want to play for could really change how fun this would be for me at least. Of course they would have to scale XP and IP for these game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Biffels

Senior Member

08-19-2011

Well they've said that gold income would be much quicker than summoner's rift. Adding life to the nexus would likely end with either one team (assuming the game is just a complete stomp) or both teams fully itemized which comes down to whoever can burst the hardest =/ That doesn't sound fun in my opinion. I personally like matches where no one can finish their build because it shows the skill behind the order in which you buy your items.

My two cents.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlackFire911

Senior Member

08-19-2011

Quote:
Biffels:
Well they've said that gold income would be much quicker than summoner's rift. Adding life to the nexus would likely end with either one team (assuming the game is just a complete stomp) or both teams fully itemized which comes down to whoever can burst the hardest =/ That doesn't sound fun in my opinion. I personally like matches where no one can finish their build because it shows the skill behind the order in which you buy your items.

My two cents.


You could also change the game to make it shorter...
It would let people choose if they want a long game with fully stuffed players, or a short game with under stuffed players...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vainfall

Senior Member

08-19-2011

Quote:
Biffels:
Well they've said that gold income would be much quicker than summoner's rift. Adding life to the nexus would likely end with either one team (assuming the game is just a complete stomp) or both teams fully itemized which comes down to whoever can burst the hardest =/ That doesn't sound fun in my opinion. I personally like matches where no one can finish their build because it shows the skill behind the order in which you buy your items.

My two cents.



So, queue for a mode with less nexus HP silly.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Biffels

Senior Member

08-19-2011

Quote:
BlackFire911:
You could also change the game to make it shorter...
It would let people choose if they want a long game with fully stuffed players, or a short game with under stuffed players...

A game shorter than 15-25 minutes seems pointless to me but I guess you could do this. But then you will have your champs with lack of items which will make some champs worthless and other's godly. And whoever has the best early game (orianna?) would just dominate. I'm trusting riot knows what they're doing with the points set at 500.

I'm not trying destroy your idea btw, I'm just trying to see how it would remain balanced since it's already a fast paced game which are probably one of the hardest things to balance.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlackFire911

Senior Member

08-19-2011

Quote:
Biffels:
A game shorter than 15-25 minutes seems pointless to me but I guess you could do this. But then you will have your champs with lack of items which will make some champs worthless and other's godly. And whoever has the best early game (orianna?) would just dominate. I'm trusting riot knows what they're doing with the points set at 500.

I'm not trying destroy your idea btw, I'm just trying to see how it would remain balanced since it's already a fast paced game which are probably one of the hardest things to balance.


Honestly, a game shorter than 15-25min would seem pointless to me too, but some people might find it amusing... this is why they should be given the option to play such a game

If people want to play the 500HP nexus type of game, what would stop them from doing it? Nothing!

But if people want to try longer/shorter games, Riot should give them the opportunity to try it


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlackFire911

Senior Member

08-19-2011

Keep posting guys
a Red might find the idea interesting


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Archlord Mythos

Senior Member

08-19-2011

I definitely agree that having this at least for custom games would be really fun, but matched games (and ranked, if they end up having ranked), should have a set number of points, or maybe at most the ability to choose how many points you want to have from a few set choices (such as 500/750/1000).

Then again, another part of me feels like if you split it too much then it will take forever to find a game, especially in solo queue...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CoolBreeze95

Senior Member

08-19-2011

Thats a fantastic idea, howl! ups, i mean bump!