Why Sexual Orientation Shouldn't Matter In LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Javiolanti

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-19-2011

Now, firstly, please please please bare in mind that I have absolutely nothing against the gay community, I've friends who lean on either side, and I've never discriminated against them.

However, does it really matter what orientation of players you wish to add? I saw a thread earlier "If You're Gay.." or something like that, some user asking other users to add him. Now there's absolutely nothing wrong with wanting more friends and asking politely for new friends, but what does them being gay really make a difference so much so that you need to add them over users who are straight or bisexual?

The only reason sexual preference should ever matter is if you're trying to obtain some sort of online relationship from it, and if that's the case, asking all homosexual players to add you so you can be friends is a bit misleading. It's more like trying to skirt around the phrase "Be my friend so there's a possibility that we could hook up at a later date if I like you."

This is similar to the female gamer conundrum. Now, there are exceptions, but there is a significant amount of male gamers that provide far more attention to female gamers simply only based on their gender alone, and a good portion of those gamers are interested in one way or another with inadvertently hitting on said female gamer.

Now, we all know these users, people call them creeps or whatnot, and I do keep in mind that wanting a relationship with someone with somewhat similar interests 'is' understandable as a whole, and some long distant relationships 'have' been successful, but it's widely unacceptable by a large portion of the community to be so blunt to someone you don't know just because of their gender. If I made a thread, titled Javiolanti's Thread Of Seducing Women And Chewing Bubble Gum ~ Women Add Me to be Friends, generally speaking, I would immediately get downvoted for several reasons.

One of those reasons would be because it's just not proper or socially acceptable, especially in the online community, to openly try and hit on women, especially strangers. Another is the faulty reason that I attempt to hit on women, simply asking to be their friend when it's quite obvious that my intents are not nearly as obvious as that.

This should apply to the Homosexual community as well. If I was gay, which I am not, why should I feel differently about a user asking to become friends with only other homosexual users just like if I was female and a user asked to become friends with only female users? It's the same principle, and yet different viewpoints.

However, before I stray too far from the main subject, let me be clear. I enjoy that there's a gay community here, and if they want to let themselves be known to each other, more power to you! But, please guys, why does sexual orientation really matter when trying to make friends? ESPECIALLY online? I'm a straight guy and I would have absolutely no problem having gay users on my friends list to chat with openly and to play with. It honestly doesn't matter to me, a friend is a friend, regardless of who or what they are.

TLDR; Asking to be friends with other users based on their sexual orientation alone is similar to asking to be friends with other users based on their opposite gender alone, which is frowned by the community as a whole. Realistically, someone should be willing to become friends with any user, and sexual orientation and gender should have no real deciding factor towards the friend-making process. If a user wants something more than a friendship, they should be willing to not skirt across the issue and speak plainly that they're interested in meeting someone online who has similar interests (Such as LoL) to their own, as to avoid confusion.

Edit: I am clarifying in this edit that I have absolutely nothing against being gay or the such. Some users seem to have only skimmed the message. =(.

Dang mclovin

08-19-2011

What the? Dude we don't need gay threads? In LOL

Hot Teen Gays

08-19-2011

To be honest, the "Add me, I'm gay!" threads are really just the homosexual people wanting to talk about guys all the time.

There's nothing wrong with the idea of adding people just because they are gay because you already have some common interest, but the threads right now are made by people who want you to add them and then they talk about "How hot HotshotGG is."

Quiver

08-19-2011

:| He probably wants to play with other Gay gamers because they will mesh better together? People who have **** in common play better together.

Is being objective really that hard nowadays?

Grizbee

08-19-2011

If your gay why should you be coming out openly like that.

/all GUYS I'M GAY! Just want to let you know.

Good for you that you have a different sexual orientation. We don't want to know we just want you to play the game. And if gay people don't feed you more then welcome on my team.

PinkFriday

08-19-2011

So they can't show off they're gay? Str8 people kiss in public making they're relationships exclusive and out there( which no one wants to see)

But they cant have one gay thread?

RifpiN

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-19-2011

Well said.

Irisaurus Rex

08-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javiolanti View Post
I said in the post I'm straight. =)
love how you so clearly point this out.
hypocrite much.
stop cluttering the forums with ****ty threads about ****ty f4ggots.

Pyr

08-19-2011

Quote:
TLDR; Asking to be friends with other users based on their sexual orientation alone is similar to asking to be friends with other users based on their opposite gender alone, which is frowned by the community as a whole. Realistically, someone should be willing to become friends with any user, and sexual orientation and gender should have no real deciding factor towards the friend-making process. If a user wants something more than a friendship, they should be willing to not skirt across the issue and speak plainly that they're interested in meeting someone online who has similar interests (Such as LoL) to their own, as to avoid confusion.
No. No it's not. It is in no way similar because, most of the time, someone who is gay isn't looking for a hookup.

Quit over-reacting and do real research next time.

IS11ea34cf95faac464ae3b

08-19-2011

**** gays with their insidious ways