Unpredictable lag spikes, making LoL unplayable.

12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ginok

05-12-2010

Hello everyone, I recently started playing LoL 1-2 weeks ago. From day one I have had random Lag spikes which will last 5-10 sec in game, and upon coming out I will either be dead, dying, or make a mistake which will effect the match. It happens in both 3v3 and 5v5 with the same frequency. I have a very advanced computer and pay extra monthly for really fast internet. As such, these lag spikes only happen within LoL; other games such as World of Warcraft, BF2BC, and WC3 have absolutely no lag what-so-ever. I really enjoy this game and would love to keep playing, but the frustration is immense when you are unable to do something you enjoy and have no idea how to fix it.

My question then in response to a bit of reading on these forums is: What is the problem?

I have re-installed (deleting all files/folders),
I have brought down the firewall to test,
and I have dropped graphics to test GPU problems. All with no avail.

As instructed, here is my Netalyzr results: http://n2.netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu...c04b-49ea-82d3

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-konig

Ginok

05-12-2010

Bumping, still in need of help.

kaverek

11-01-2010

Bump

chrisryals

12-07-2010

Bump

Eckzial

Recruiter

12-26-2010

Yeah man I get the same ****, I don't know what the problem is, I have verizon fios 25/25, 8 gig, quad core, 9800 gt computer. I don't get those immense lag spikes from any other game except this one.

I started out with my first 5 games with no problems, but then after that I experience the lag spikes often enough to where, like you said, to effect the game, usually ending upon death.

Palasit

12-26-2010

iv noticed a lot of people with this problem wait till tomorrow to see if this problem persists

w0nd3r

12-27-2010

Actually guys, they have been "trying" to fix this problem for almost 4 months now!!! If you read the forums, they just ask for your tracing routes to their specific ips. They havent responded back in a while.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...250145&page=18

I left my opinion on that thread but i think people should keep making TOPICS until riot takes this problem seriously. But I have had this problems for months now. Its off and on. Sometimes it lasts for just a hours or days at a time. I'm about to the point of removing this game from my pc all together.

Zabuzafou

12-27-2010

Happening right now.......... And its not cool

havocfett

12-27-2010

Sounds just like my problem. Does your ping rise by a couple hundred whenever this happens?

Willmus

01-09-2011

bump

12345 ... 8