Why do I get the feeling this won't be coming as soon as we think?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redamz

08-20-2011

It's gonna be released the same day as d**a 2, derp

PerfectBeast

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2011

Dude this is what they really meant, Shortly after PAX of 2012 there you go.... they forgot to put the year..

LiteRage

08-20-2011

they said a while ago like august 28 ish

Valkerion

08-20-2011

In general Riot needs to have a set person with a uniform writing style to write their responses on time frames ect. To many times there has been "soon" ect. typed by a red and makes all hell break lose on the boards.

DantesRequiem

08-20-2011

I think everyone is being a bit impatient. Dominion will be coming soon. I expect it to roll out either with the end of Season 1 or shortly thereafter. And before people jump on me about "Magma Chamber" and "How do you know?" I am merely speculating.

I do believe I am correct simply because of the looming release of Dota 2 on Steam. Riot has enjoyed a fairly monopolistic control on the MOBA genre because HoN lost steam because it is a) not friendly to new players and b) costs money. Neither fact which is huge on their own, but when taken together makes for an extremely unapproachable game similar to "Dwarf Fortress" which doesn't have problem "b".

Dota 2 represents the first major entry into MOBA in almost a year, which means it would be in Riot's best interest to release something to stay ahead of it. I am not sure what to expect from Dota 2 but I do like Valve as a company and if Valve builds upon the original engine of Dota then I think Dota 2 may be good...if it is just a port to the Source engine...meh.

Mr Mad Cow

09-25-2011