Why do I get the feeling this won't be coming as soon as we think?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SuperNintomdo

08-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomb in lasagna View Post
At the end of the totalbiscuit video he asks about when dominion will be released and the person he asks pretty much dodges the question. Then TB says, "we can expect it fairly shortly?" and the Rioter says "no comment"

Now don't get me wrong I understand that Riot probably doesn't know a set date yet and they probably don't want to or maybe are not even allowed to give a estimated release time. But a lot of LoL players have gotten it into their head that the game was supposed to be coming shortly after Pax. "No comment" kind of puts a damper on that.

UPDATE: This is apparently Riots view on what "shortly after" means

Here is a quote from the newest champion pricing announcement.
"Beginning back in April we slashed the IP costs of Malphite, Morgana, and Ryze, with Cho'gath, Taric and Annie following shortly thereafter in August."

Riot Time:
Shortly after = 4-5 months

Oh dear
at the end of the livestream for day two the riot guy says they are showing it at pax and then "right after" they will be releasing it to live.

There phrase as changed form shortly after to right after. To me that means 1-2 weeks after pax. That guy sounded very confident so I am confident mid september is the release. Someone dire could happen and screw it all up but I don't think so.

If anything the extra maintenance today was a hint that they are on schedule. Before each expansion in World of Warcraft blizzard would do very similar things like extra server restarts and pre-patching and pre-maintenance. Just because they aren't openly calling it that doesn't mean they aren't laying the ground work for dominion right now.

Zinsky

08-19-2011

If I was to guess it will go like this:

LoL has a patch every two week cycle. LoL should patch this tuesday (The same week as PAX). The next patch should be Sept 6th. It will not hold the Dominion update, because the Rioters need to recover from their two big events. So it will be released the next patch, Sept 20th.

Maybe.

SuperNintomdo

08-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinsky View Post
If I was to guess it will go like this:

LoL has a patch every two week cycle. LoL should patch this tuesday (The same week as PAX). The next patch should be Sept 6th. It will not hold the Dominion update, because the Rioters need to recover from their two big events. So it will be released the next patch, Sept 20th.

Maybe.
I agree with this. Though I also put out the possibility that they do a patch that is off schedule because its an expansion time patch and not a regular one so it could be sooner than the 20th but I agree it won't be the 6th

sibby

08-19-2011

I would guess it would be very close to the Dota 2 release.

I believe they have a target date but are keeping it close to the vest because it's based on external circumstances rather than the game being ready.

Oreostix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veldanshore View Post
FFS guys, its called Dominion NOT Domination
Call of Duty noobz

Zoram

08-19-2011

They said after Pax like a week or something, I won't be shocked when the mode never gets released.

TB Wolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibby View Post
I would guess it would be very close to the Dota 2 release.

I believe they have a target date but are keeping it close to the vest because it's based on external circumstances rather than the game being ready.
...Lol. No. That would be horrible planning, and utterly stupid considering DotA 2 is released next year, probably around May.

Besides, why would they release a game mode to counter a new game coming out? It wouldn't make anyone stay :P, if anything they'd try to get people hooked beforehand.

Elaric

Recruiter

08-19-2011

I wouldnt mind october or november even, if they take the time to make sure it is stable at a live stress level. Adding new content to an online platform can have almost as much hiccups as actually making the game itself.

Welll maybe not quite as much, but there are many, many issues that can pop up that they will have no way to anticipate until they actually start to integrate the new mode into their live servers.

Neil the Waan

08-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaric View Post
I wouldnt mind october or november even, if they take the time to make sure it is stable at a live stress level. Adding new content to an online platform can have almost as much hiccups as actually making the game itself.

Welll maybe not quite as much, but there are many, many issues that can pop up that they will have no way to anticipate until they actually start to integrate the new mode into their live servers.
yeah, some MMO companies (like Trion - Rift) do their testing, find bugs, fix them, check for more bugs and then release when bugless on test server, only to have more new bugs when it goes live, wouldn't be surprised if it actually get's patched in next patch (I know spec mode's apparently been patched in, and well, the Rioters can still test on Live without us realising it..) Would be smart right (to make sure it's all fine on live.. we don't want people randomly jumping through walls like we were on SR a year ago)

QbiinZ

08-19-2011

i bet dominion's not coming for months and months, they just trolling us big time!!!