Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why do I get the feeling this won't be coming as soon as we think?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bomb in lasagna

08-18-2011

At the end of the totalbiscuit video he asks about when dominion will be released and the person he asks pretty much dodges the question. Then TB says, "we can expect it fairly shortly?" and the Rioter says "no comment"

Now don't get me wrong I understand that Riot probably doesn't know a set date yet and they probably don't want to or maybe are not even allowed to give a estimated release time. But a lot of LoL players have gotten it into their head that the game was supposed to be coming shortly after Pax. "No comment" kind of puts a damper on that.

UPDATE: This is apparently Riots view on what "shortly after" means

Here is a quote from the newest champion pricing announcement.
"Beginning back in April we slashed the IP costs of Malphite, Morgana, and Ryze, with Cho'gath, Taric and Annie following shortly thereafter in August."

Riot Time:
Shortly after = 4-5 months

Oh dear

Zenecalu

08-19-2011

Im expecting mid september, TB says that the game does feel really slick and im sure that means he thinks it feels mostly finished, if they said early september after PAX, i would assume, Mid september, but i dont think much later than that.

Twixiee

08-19-2011

xD well after magma chamber i imagine that most Rioters would have a full blow PHOBIA of answering questions like that

2-4 weeks after pax imo

HolySh0t

Recruiter

08-19-2011

2012 ? :d

Underlaw

08-19-2011

No magma chamber, and i bet, no domination will be released soon.

SulphoR

08-19-2011

Quote:
Underlaw:
No magma chamber, and i bet, no domination will be released soon.

they shelfed MC half way through making it because they realised it wasnt what they wanted to release. but domination has a make., items. game play and is being shown off at pax ans gamescom. so it wont be very long. id say 3 months max. (hopefully). seeming they said spectator wouldnt be long either. and thats not out :/

Zankman

08-19-2011

Expect the unexpected.

Magma Chamber comes out after PAX, we wait for Dominion until October. : D

Bablefish

08-19-2011

I expect it for the same day as the D3 beta. And my soul will be in turmoil.

Veldanshore

08-19-2011

FFS guys, its called Dominion NOT Domination

Biffels

08-19-2011

Quote:
Bablefish:
I expect it for the same day as the D3 beta. And my soul will be in turmoil.

Oh I really hope not, I can't handle that. I'd end up picking D3 beta simply because Diablo has a longer history with me.

More on topic...I gave up guessing when stuff will be released, there's really no point since you'll end up disappointed 90% of the time because you're making a guess based off next to no information on how far they are to a public release =/