Error creating installation directory

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

garinsh

05-12-2010

When I run League of Legends downloader exe file I instantly get "Error creating installation directory". I tried to run it from different folders, HDDs etc and nothing works.

I even downloaded exe file a couple of times with FF/IE so I`m certain the download isn`t corrupted or unfinished.

Few months ago I had no problems downloading and installing the game but now it just don`t work and your stand alone client version is outdated.

Currently running Win 7 32bit fully updated and this is the first problem I got in ages. I tried to shut off firewall and my anti virus but that didn`t help.

I have router too but I fail to see how that`s connected to installation directory.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

05-12-2010

Please make sure that you are running the installer as an admin. Right Click, run as administrator.

garinsh

05-12-2010

Of course I did that already.

Anyways the problem was with Pando Media Booster, did everything I could find as a solution on their forums but nothing worked so I decided to reinstall windows and now everything works.

I may be at fault myself for this but seeing theres huge amounts of posts about pando media booster problems makes me think they have a lot of work to do with their product as everything else was working fine exept this.

Smite911

05-14-2010

bump, I really don't want to uninstall windows...

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smite911 View Post
bump, I really don't want to uninstall windows...
If you've tried running as admin as mentioned above, try making a folder on your desktop called (exactly as follows)

League of Legends

Then running the installer.

teh complainz0r

05-25-2010

same problem here - on multiple machines. Tried creating that folder, tried running as admin. No success.

TaxMaster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-29-2010

has anyone found a fix to this? it just happened to me today and i really dont want to put all the time and money to waste!

seb12345

06-29-2010

Easy if is the same of me, i have europe and i try too put US. The problem is in your program file probably you have a document named league of legends already change the name and try for me that work.

good luck ^^

UrW0rstN1ghtMare

07-15-2010

This happened to me too.. it sucks..

1Berto

07-15-2010

Bump? ANYONE? Has no one really been able to solve this without re-installing Windows?

I have the exact same problem as the OP. I've run it as admin, from a different folder, downloaded it again in a diff browser, Checked everywhere for existing Pando and LoL folders.
I have had LoL on here before (a month or so ago), and I had just uninstalled it and Pando and adobe Air so I could install a fresh copy...

Any more thoughts pls? <3