Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

someone explain akali to me

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cenerae

08-19-2011

Quote:
duhizy:
I agree that rageblade is a bad item for akali I tried it I just don't think it gives enough damage for the price your better off just getting a n large rod after rylias she's useless without deathcape and op with death cap and lichbane but I feel that she's kind of pointless because she's just to squishy you have to hope that she can burst down a carry before she's insta gibbed and sometime you don't even get the kill I just don't see the merit of champs like kassadin,akali that are supposed to mope up the kills it would be better to have an ap carry that can help you win a team fight and I don't feel like I can go toe to toe with anyone because I die to quickly. Can anyone giveme some tips as to how to be useful in a teamfight without dying everytime and when does one get a gardian angle because I know alot of akalis use this to stay alive longer so they can do something in a teamfight I'm still shocked at how fast she dies its to the point that if you jump in for a kill your gunna die in a teamfight no matter what

Akali should never be the first one to enter a teamfight. Ideally, you wait until the fight starts, off to one side, then come in from behind once the enemy starts using their big CC and damage spells and jump on a squishy. Place your shroud to cut off their escape (by slowing them), and then jump around the enemy team killing everything in sight.

If you have some aoe initiation on your team, you could go in at the same time they do and go for a kill while the enemy's disabled. You might need to back out in a hurry though because Akali is a priority target for the enemy damage dealers.

When to get a GA? Any time after completing Rylai's and a Sheen that you feel you're being focused too much.

Elfomal

08-19-2011

Quote:
ComradeHX:
Let me introduce you to Annie and Leblanc.

Good luck farming up all those gunblades before dying 20 times.

then,prolly u dont know something as simple as HUG TOWER and farm on Q / Auto attacks when creeps are near tower.

As if shroud wont help u a LOT Vs 'target spells"(leblanc and annie.)

OmniOblivion

08-19-2011

Quote:
duhizy:
why do people only attack after hitting q with her twice on the same person and why do they auto attack after q even though its better to just burst down with combo and what is the purpose of the stacks on her ult is it just the number of times i can be used or does it have added effects because i was able to detect a stealthed person without a ward or oricles and i was wondering if this was an added effect or if this was something else and when i use twiligh shround am i unstealthed when i attack or am i still invisible and what does the mark for her q do

Here's how Akali works:

Her passive gives her Spell vamp when she gains AD and gives her bonus magic damage as she stacks AP. This alone, connects Akali as a champion.

Because she deals extra magic damage with her autoattacks when she gains AP, it works towards her other passive, which gives her life. So every autoattack will "life steal" for a small amount. And because she has AP, it works with all her other offensive spells. And once again, because her offensive spells (with the exception of Crescent Slash, dealing PHYSICAL damage) dealing magic damage, it will work with Spell Vamp.

Twilight Shroud is her "1 point wonder". You can remove aggro from all enemies temporarily, while you wait for Cooldowns or quickly heal up. Once you have those abilities up, you can dash in again for more damage and possible a kill. This also works defensively, as it slows non-ally units and breaks focus fire. The obvious counter for this is "reveal", such as Vision Wards, Oracles, and some champions such as Lee Sin.

Her charges allow her great chasing potential, as equally good as an escape tool. Most champions would pack something like Ghost or Flash (or both) to escape. The 3 max stacks in reserve can really ensure Akali can kill her target. Add a Rylai's and it's pretty much impossible to escape Akali.

DMPuffy

08-19-2011

Quote:
ComradeHX:
Let me introduce you to Annie and Leblanc.

Good luck farming up all those gunblades before dying 20 times.

Gunblades are a terrible idea, but you shouldn't be dying to Annie or LeBlanc if you know what you're doing. Merc Treads, higher burst, more HP with Rylais and runes.

Duhizy

08-19-2011

iv tried just about every build in this post and i found something that really works and it basically makes her op because she already has a good early game the problem was that she didnt scale as well as other ap carries so i tried this:
flat ad marks
hp per level seals
ap per level glyphs
flat ap quints
plus masteries gives both passive at level 2
items:
merc treds
rylias
hextec revolver
guardian angel
hextech gunblade
deathcap/hourglass/lichbane
last item what ever you need

This is amazing just try it i beg you because her early game burst is already good i just build her tanky and get guardian early its extremely useful on akali its a must have every game and with the spell vamp from gunblade and health seals end game you have around 2700 health lots of armor and MR so your basically a tank and if you get death cap after this your a tank and you can one shot a squishy with your combo and you WILL NOT DIE if your smart even if you do just revive with GA. the truth is that i usually dont finish my death cap but the survive damage is amazing either way so just try it i want to see what you think i love it i went 22-2-17 with this build it doesnt even matter if you engage first lol just GA revive and get out and play the normal squishy akali play your used to.

SicFreek

08-19-2011

Quote:
duhizy:
alright thanks just bought her went 26-7 I'm my first game she's a beast do you mind telling me how you build her and when to jump in she's the squishies person iv played with so its tough for me to get the right jump times

I also main Akali, and while I agree with the other guy on her combo, the item build, not so much. I play her as straight AP, and I'm not going to say it is better, I've just had better luck with it.

Runes:
Red: 6.6 physical Damage, rest magic pen
Yellow: AP per lvl
Blue: Flat AP
Quints: Flat AP

Items:
Starting: Dorans Blade, sorcerer boots asap.
And basically depending on how you are doing, if you are surviving well start building a rylais, if you are having a hard time staying alive, grab a hexitech revolver. Either way, those will be your first two items.

From here I would start working on a deathcap, and after that, if the game is still going, and depending on how you are doing, grab a guardian angel if you're being focused a lot, and if you are just completely wrecking face, grab a lichbane.

Rushing Rylais on Akali is so important is because she has such a good chase, combined with the slow, there is no way someone can get away.

Edit: I forgot my masteries, I go 9/21/0 because she already has so much burst, you really don't need to go full offensive or utility.