someone explain akali to me

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Duhizy

Senior Member

08-17-2011

why do people only attack after hitting q with her twice on the same person and why do they auto attack after q even though its better to just burst down with combo and what is the purpose of the stacks on her ult is it just the number of times i can be used or does it have added effects because i was able to detect a stealthed person without a ward or oricles and i was wondering if this was an added effect or if this was something else and when i use twiligh shround am i unstealthed when i attack or am i still invisible and what does the mark for her q do


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flawliss

Senior Member

08-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by duhizy View Post
why do people only attack after hitting q with her twice on the same person and why do they auto attack after q even though its better to just burst down with combo and what is the purpose of the stacks on her ult is it just the number of times i can be used or does it have added effects because i was able to detect a stealthed person without a ward or oricles and i was wondering if this was an added effect or if this was something else and when i use twiligh shround am i unstealthed when i attack or am i still invisible and what does the mark for her q do
Akali is my main, allow me to explain her...

People AA (auto attack) after throwing Q on the enemy because the AA procs her Q, doing bonus damage, also the stacks on her ult are the amount of times you can use her ult before needing to gain more stacks, thats all the stacks mean, they do not have a secondary effect, also when you throw down her shroud you are only stealthed untill you attack or exit the shroud, soon as you do either, you are seen and targetable.

I use ignite and flash as my SS

There are many diffrent combos, the correct skill combo is this: (flash if needed to get into position) Q, R(you AA automaticly when you R, procing her Q), E, ignite, Q, R, E, rinse and repeat until dead.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Duhizy

Senior Member

08-17-2011

alright thanks just bought her went 26-7 I'm my first game she's a beast do you mind telling me how you build her and when to jump in she's the squishies person iv played with so its tough for me to get the right jump times


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flawliss

Senior Member

08-17-2011

Sure thing man, I build her as a hybrid with this setup I do massive AD and AP, this is how I build her:

SS: ignite and flash

Masteries: 21/9/0 grabbing the cdr and mag pen masteries and grabbing the improved ignite skipping the crit damage mastery in offensive, and putting two points in the MR and two points in the Armor masteries also grabbing the dodge masteries.

Runes: flat AD marks, HP per lvl seals, flat AP glyphs and quits, this setup gives you BOTH of her passives at lvl 1

Skill lvling order: R > E > Q > W

Items in order: start with boots and 3hp pots, hextech revolver, zerk boots OR sorc boots OR swiftness boots (are all good choices) then upgrade revolver to hextech gunblade, then guinshoos rageblade, ryjals scepter, trinity force, (last item depends on whats needed, if the enemy team is getting MR get AD if their building armor get AP) I chose between black cleaver and deathcap respectfully.

And ofc you saw my combo order earlier

Ok I play akali like a anti carry, and in team fights, I have the mentality of a ninja meaning I dash in and out of combat till the team fight is over, as far as when to jump in I NEVER initate unless im super fed and their team is all squishys, otherwise wait for your tank to go in (or whoever engages) and just beeline right to (ignoring all else) their carry or most fed champ and stick on em like white on rice, saving the tank or beefy dps (unless their beefy dps is fed) for last ofc.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Duhizy

Senior Member

08-18-2011

if you build high ad does this mean that you put high priority for autoattacking in a fight or do you just use it for the spell vamp and rely mostly on the your combo and do you think that going ad if they go MR. Is worst because while tou can survive you damage isn't going to be as high as it could be or do you just autoattack then for the damage or is autoattacking bad because it takes to long and you die rageblades a really wild choice for champ who should be in and out instantly but everything else makes sense except I thing you should get revolver then rylys then gunblade cuz that slow is critical until you get trinity force and 500 hp is awsome. Do you feel that this build achieves her purpose of an in and out champ or do you feelshe doesn't stay alive long enough to do damage or is her burst to low? What do you think


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flawliss

Senior Member

08-18-2011

So the reason I go hybrid is its very hard to counter, sure you COULD build mr and armor but its usually more then most people are willing to pay for..

The only reason I auto attack is to proc my Q, and as for guinshoo rageblade, the stacks gained from it are gained by using abilitys too, not just auto attacks, and with akali's natural low cooldowns, its very easy to get those full 8 stacks, everything the item gives benefits akali...

And most of the time I get deathcap for that last item, the only reason I would get that extra AD (black cleaver) is if their entire team was building MR, like banshees veil or something...

With this setup before I get that 6th item (deathcap or black cleaver) I have 247 AD and 273 AP, which is enough to rip anyone but tanks apart, it burns down squishys with ease, she also has 2880 hp and 80 MR and 56 armor, now while those may seem small and is compared to a tank, it gives her enough survivability to go toe to toe (using shroud and juking manuevers ofc) with even the beefy ad champs like, olaf, jax, etc

Oh and as far as item build order, I do the one I posted because its hard for people to get away without ryjals, so I save it for later and concentrate on building my damage ASAP, and the hp per lvl seals give you the needed health till you get ryjals, I do mix my own item order around depending on the situation but at the end its the same result, and as far as the playstyle, I do the in and out most of the time, but I have played her aggressive as hell in alot of games and it works really good as well...


I do this build about 98% of the time, the only reason I change it is if we have alot of AD, like for instance one tank and 3 ADs (has happend to me before) in which case I instead go somethhing like this..

Items: sorc boots, hextech gunblade, ryjals, deathcap, void staff, lichbane


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cenerae

Senior Member

08-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by duhizy View Post
if you build high ad does this mean that you put high priority for autoattacking in a fight or do you just use it for the spell vamp and rely mostly on the your combo and do you think that going ad if they go MR. Is worst because while tou can survive you damage isn't going to be as high as it could be or do you just autoattack then for the damage or is autoattacking bad because it takes to long and you die rageblades a really wild choice for champ who should be in and out instantly but everything else makes sense except I thing you should get revolver then rylys then gunblade cuz that slow is critical until you get trinity force and 500 hp is awsome. Do you feel that this build achieves her purpose of an in and out champ or do you feelshe doesn't stay alive long enough to do damage or is her burst to low? What do you think
You never build Akali with high AD in mind. She's a burst champion, trying to play her as a melee carry wouldn't work so well. She doesn't have a real steroid (her passive is the only thing she has on that score), and as AD she can't burst someone down anymore. Since you're building her for AP, lichbane becomes better than trinity force. And you have a Rylai's to slow people down.

I guess if the enemy team is stacking MR to extremes, you might consider it but...

Also - rageblade isn't a good item for her. It can be okay if you plan to push towers a lot, but it isn't that helpful for killing people.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DaRatmastah

Senior Member

08-18-2011

My akali build:

Flat HP Quints
Flat Armor Yellows
Flat Magic Resist or CDR blues
Flad AD Reds

Boots&3pots
First trip back grab either a giant's belt and amp tome, or a blasting wand(if I'm doing bad in lane).
Second trip, boots2(swiftness if no CC, otherwise merc treads), and finish rylais.
Lich bane
Rabbadon's
Void Staff
Masteries I go up Offense until I get improved ignite and the +AD to finish out my AD passive, then utility, grabbing the xp boost and neutral monster durations in particular.

I find the revolver/gunblade combo to be a bit superfluous unless I'm doing REALLY badly in lane. You'll get more reliable, regular damage rushing rylais and lich bane than relying on the proc, and honestly unless you're playing overly recklessly you're not gonna need much more spell vamp than you get naturally from your passive. I start with one passive up from runes/masteries, and I get the second on my first trip back(either from Tome or Wand).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flawliss

Senior Member

08-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenerae View Post
You never build Akali with high AD in mind. She's a burst champion, trying to play her as a melee carry wouldn't work so well. She doesn't have a real steroid (her passive is the only thing she has on that score), and as AD she can't burst someone down anymore. Since you're building her for AP, lichbane becomes better than trinity force. And you have a Rylai's to slow people down.

I guess if the enemy team is stacking MR to extremes, you might consider it but...

Also - rageblade isn't a good item for her. It can be okay if you plan to push towers a lot, but it isn't that helpful for killing people.
Please read before you just make random replys, Rageblade is good for hybrid Akali which is how I play her the most, I also listed a full AP build....dont belittle a build that ive been owning games with since akali's release...

This goes for DaRatMastah, I didnt shoot down full ap infact I put the correct full AP build so dont talk **** about mine, also with my rune page you start the game with BOTH passives, your rune page only starts you out with the AD one, and your starting items dont give you enough AP for the other passive, having both at lvl 1 is super important


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Duhizy

Senior Member

08-18-2011

at least try flawlisses build before you ram it down im gunna try both and let you know what worked best for me you shouldnt forget having both ad and ap still gives you similar burst if you do it right because of how the q procs with the mark your going to auto attack once anyway usually so having both work plus it keeps the damage on your e relatively the same if not more so you make up for it the only difference is the spell vamp is much higher and you have alot more health because of trinity and trinity gives the same proc as lich bane but with twice the slow with rylias and more movespeed so the chances are the burst will be slightly smaller but bearly and you have more survive PLUS his build counters what ever they build against so while his builds damage wont decrease much yours will make you realllllllly useful in teamfights allowing you with a good team to intsa derp who you focus so fast that they wont have time to get away plus with that spell vamp your at full health just ult the next guy slow him and your team can have him for lunch while its not smart to initiate its not that bad when you burst a guy and any damage they do to you before your team gets their is spell vamped back instantly so just try it god every build used by and experienced player has its merits and im sure flawliss has more experience than you with akali


123