League of Legends is broken.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cyricist

05-11-2010

So, yeah. Dramatic title. Don't know how else to put this. Earlier today, it worked fine. I loaded the game up, downloaded the patch, tried and failed to join games. Stared in dismay at the 20 free champions apparently available this week. Wondered about that. Closed it.

Did NOTHING ELSE with my computer for the next three hours. Watched a movie. Came back, loaded up League of Legends' Launcher. Clicked Play. The launcher disappears and nothing happens. I can't open the launcher again after that. I ctrl alt delete to end task, and there's no mention of LoL or the LoL Launcher in the task manager. So I have to go to the processes to end it there. I do so, then open the launcher, and try again. Same thing.

I reboot my computer, same thing.

I'd submit my logs, but I can't, because the only way I know how to do that is via the "Submit Logs" button that I'd have to be logged into the game to click on.

So.

What?

Update: Received an error message.

Internet Explorer Script Error.
An error has occurred in the script on this page.
Line: 486
Char: 6
Error: 'time' is undefined
Code: 0
URL: file://C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\html\default-en.html

...what? I use Mozilla Firefox, not Internet Explorer... I have no idea what to make of that.

RageMoarQQ

05-11-2010

I think I am having the exact same problem. I went to download the patch before the servers came back up this morning, and it appeared to update the launcher. Then the launcher closed, and now when I try to start it, nothing happens. I can see the process "lol.launcher.exe *32" running in my task manager, but the launcher itself will not appear or download the patch. I am on a home internet connection, and nothing has changed that would make this start happening (i.e. never had any problems before.)

I have tried reinstalling, following Riot's instructions to the letter. I also use Firefox as my default browser.

Here are the logs:

patcher_lib

05/11/2010 17:05 [INFO] Solid LauncherLib [1.0.0.33] initializing...
05/11/2010 17:05 [INFO] Retrieving dynamic path[http://l3cdn.riotgames.com/LOL.Produ...SourceURL.xml]
05/11/2010 17:05 [INFO] Retrieved dynamic path [http://l3cdn.riotgames.com/LOL.Produ...SourceURL.xml][http://l3cdn.riotgames.com/]
05/11/2010 17:05 [INFO] Patcher_AddPackage([LOL.AirRuntime],[http://l3cdn.riotgames.com/],[C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\]) successful
05/11/2010 17:05 [INFO] Attempt to retrieve package [http://l3cdn.riotgames.com/LOL.AirRuntime.package]
05/11/2010 17:05 [INFO] Version retrieved [LOL.AirRuntime] 3/3 [AirRuntime.02_18_2010_01]/[AirRuntime.02_18_2010_01] type [PACKAGE_TYPE_INCREMENTAL]
05/11/2010 17:05 [INFO] [LOL.AirRuntime] State change [PATCHER_STATE_IDLE] to [PATCHER_STATE_ALLTASKSCOMPLETE]

patcher_update

EmuCore v0.50 (rev: 9.61A.0A2D.28)
Solid Patcher Update Version 1.0.0.24
====[Memory Init]================================================== ============
Memory Initialized (Maximum)
================================================== =============================
**** Incorrect parameters [] exiting...
Exit signalled
PatcherUpdate thread shut down successful
Solid PatcherLibDecode exiting...
Memory usage -- Maximum ( 0.01m) Current ( 0.00m)
Memory allocs -- Maximum ( 23) Current ( 0)
====[Memory Remove]================================================== ==========
Maximum Memory in use (23 / 9k)
================================================== =============================
Successful Exit [1]...

wiz khaIifa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-11-2010

I'm also having this problem. :{

Cyricist

05-18-2010

Hi. So. Nobody offered any help for this, so I tried a few things myself. The only thing that works, SOMETIMES, is deleting my Temporary Internet Files. I don't know why. Deleting them seems to, again sometimes, allow me to launch the game. I just had to delete them ten times in a row before it worked. Which actually leads me to believe that deleting them may not do anything, and it may in fact just be sheer dumb luck whether or not the game will launch.

So. Any response to this, Riot? I'd sure appreciate one. I'd love to play your game, providing I'm allowed to.

TheLox

05-19-2010

Having the same problem, getting the exact same error after a few minutes of nothing happening. Worked fine for me just a few hours ago. Seems odd. Also it seems to not matter if you click yes or no to continue running the scripts, process terminates anyway.

Cyricist

05-19-2010

Yeah, exactly. And I really don't understand what the hell this error even means, since I don't use Internet Explorer... nor am I at all near to understanding how IE could have anything to do with loading up League of Legends.

TheLox

05-19-2010

I don't use IE either, but the launcher and the client both run on Adobe AIR, which I would imagine uses IE as a base.

I have since found that restarting my computer fixes the issue temporarily, but I can still only start the game once or twice before I get the same error again.

RageMoarQQ

05-19-2010

My LoL is working again, but I had to reformat my computer to get it to work. I just gave up on ever getting any real help from Riot.

Alexthemaster

05-19-2010

I do have some kind of a solution but i'm still doing some testing at the moment, it seems to work for now, payed two game and well "didn't crash". I'll be testing it on it's computer tonight and come back with an answer.

As for myself, my computer began to show up this error out of nowhere, and then I had lots of connection problems following.

I'm running Windows 7 Fully up to date on a Geforce 8800GTX latest drivers, ran a dxdiag etc etc. I reseted my Internet explorer and it did nothing. There seems to be nothing else on this error on internet or tech support. My brother reformated and is still getting the error but I can't access his computer right now that's why I'm going to write back later.

Answer to TheLox: yes that's why they recommend reseting IE8 I guess.

Alexthemaster

05-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyricist View Post
I'd submit my logs, but I can't, because the only way I know how to do that is via the "Submit Logs" button that I'd have to be logged into the game to click on.

So.

What?

Update: Received an error message.

Internet Explorer Script Error.
An error has occurred in the script on this page.
Line: 486
Char: 6
Error: 'time' is undefined
Code: 0
URL: file://C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\html\default-en.html
1. Here is the path for the log files : C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\game

2. my url is pointing to the file: laucher.html instead of default-en.html

3. It cannot be in the default-en.html -> it contains only 28 lines and seems to be used to place into constant values for the error messages that you can receive from the launcher.