the -20% healing debuff

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kraytex

08-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom Lich View Post
If you need a calculator for a rough estimate of that, our schools are failing us. (I knew they were, but...)

And why doesn't that work? Because healing shouldn't be nerfed in summoner's rift.
Computer Scientist - we use computers for...everything.

I'm telling you, the new form of QQ from characters with healing/spell vamp/lifesteal will be: "if this was summoner's rift I would have killed him."

Frankly, I'm a firm believer that there should not be a distinction between balance on different maps.

Shatterlight

08-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraytex View Post

Frankly, I'm a firm believer that there should not be a distinction between balance on different maps.
I'm a firm believer each game mode should play like a different game mode. I don't think "Capture and Hold" should play the same way as "Destroy the Nexus", and in order for it to be fun and fair, there should be some changes between them. I don't want Dominion affecting the standard game's balance, though, so the map debuffs are a good way of doing that.

Sabsy

08-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraytex View Post
Global debuffs like this annoys the hell out of me. Just nerf everyones healing by 20% and call it a day.

Seriously I don't want to look at my tooltip see an ability heals for 279, and then pull out a calculator and multiply it by 0.80 just to figure out how much it exactly heals for.
So wait, healers just got nerfed and now you want to nerf them even more? You realize if you change the champs themselves they are changed in SR and TT right? where as if you make a global debuff on dominion it will only effect dominion which is where the issue is right?

JacKetamine

08-25-2011

There's really not going to be much point in leveling up Sona or Soraka's heal...

BrotherCaine

08-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacKetamine View Post
There's really not going to be much point in leveling up Sona or Soraka's heal...
don't get all caught up in your triple dot histrionics. Those ladies are going to be great point defenders/kiters with their dmg. So buck up.

Janna Mechanics

08-25-2011

There goes morgana's passive.

srsizzy

08-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox P McCloud View Post
So does this mean, by the time everything is said and done (ie: ignite changes, sustain changes, new healing reduction items), Vladimir will be trash tier in dominion (and SR)?
Vladimir's only use as a champion is healing himself? I'm so sick of comments like this. Do you realize a heal doesn't make someone's combat ability stronger, just how long they're in combat? If you take away Vlad's heal and put him against someone else without a heal, I think Vlad is still gonna do well, considering he has a 4-second burst spell, an AoE, the most powerful escape in the game, and a really good ult for team fights. The only issue is he uses his health to cast spells, though he gets a lot of health without even having to buy it.

srsizzy

08-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needs To Go View Post
There goes morgana's passive.
Because 20% = 100%, right?

Cauldrath

08-25-2011

35% * (100-20)% = 28% spell vamp in Dominion. Personally, I'm going to be grabbing a Hextech Gunblade (auto-attacks seem like they'll be way more important) and Spirit Visage for even more. 57% spell vamp (assuming SV is additive with the debuff) is still really nice, especially when no one else is healing for very much.

It also makes me wonder how much the healing items do when you have SV on.

Tweek Tweakk

08-25-2011

Mundo wont be happy with this