Balance issues with dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tweek Tweakk

09-27-2011

Personally i like dominion and hope to see it become a popular map (which it probably already is)

We all know that some champs rein supreme on the map and to balance them it would mean throwing SR out of balance.

The question is, what does Riot have planned? will they leave it this way? balance dominion and unbalance SR?

Just wondering because during its beta testing no changes were made. Well no visible ones.
So i wasnt sure if dominion was set in stone after its release or if it will continue to be changed?

Shini Laser

09-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweak Tweek View Post
Personally i like dominion and hope to see it become a popular map (which it probably already is)

We all know that some champs rein supreme on the map and to balance them it would mean throwing SR out of balance.

The question is, what does Riot have planned? will they leave it this way? balance dominion and unbalance SR?

Just wondering because during its beta testing no changes were made. Well no visible ones.
So i wasnt sure if dominion was set in stone after its release or if it will continue to be changed?
Dominion is going to mainly be balanced through items it seems. In terms of champions, only a few are imbalanced (no, Rammus isn't imbalanced). Others have plenty of counter picks and builds.

Tweek Tweakk

09-28-2011

Actually rammus is the number one ban on sight champ in dominion draft mode. So that means he's op in dominion.

I can see how balancing items will make champs balanced. That works for me. I figured they'd just leave it and hope for the best.

Dejicide

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2011

I don't think people ban Rammus because he's OP. I think people ban him because they're already tired of running around the map frantically trying to catch the dude because they've been doing it every game for the last few days. Wait until things settle a little and everyone finally comes to realize how to defend properly and he won't be that much of a threat.

Hobocop

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2011

Rammus isn't OP in Dominion. He's only banned because people don't want to deal with actually playing defense because it doesn't pad their personal score and he's the natural counterpick to the all-melee/AD comps that people run all the time.

Buttons1

09-28-2011

if there was an op champ in dominion it would be trynd

Zulgaines

09-28-2011

The comeback mechanics need to be rebalanced, that's the main reason late game champions are all that matter.