Which champions do you want to see How-To Guides for?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aesa91

08-17-2011

Hi everyone! Just wanted to take a quick sampling of the community to see which champions people might be interested in seeing how-to guides for. I've been checking around Youtube, and for the most part, videos that "instruct" people how to play certain champions are mostly just glorified game play videos with a little commentary. I would love to start making really structured, focused "Let's Play"-styled videos on LoL champions, but am not sure really where to start. Tanks maybe, since people seem to have a natural aversion to playing them? Supports? Or maybe just have the community pick which ones they want to see? Let me know! Thanks so much ^^

Immanuel Kant

08-17-2011

The problem with these videos/guides is they teach you how to play a character on paper. In reality you can only figure out the champions quirks by trying them yourselves. As far as guides go, I think solomid has a pretty decent collection of these on paper guides. A video guide, unless it tries to create moments to show various little quirks about a character, is going to be as effective as those on paper guides.

Aesa91

08-17-2011

I definitely get what you're saying, which is why I want the videos to be more like.. an audio presentation of a paper guide. Summoner spells, masteries, quick summary of skill up order, the champion's role in early-mid-lategame, stuff like that. I know I personally do not have the patience a lot of the time to go through a Mobafire guide on a champion that's got walls and walls of text, especially when I'm about to play the champion. I think it might be nice for people to have an audio resource they can listen to while they're in champion select or in lobby- I almost equate it to people watching/listening to How-To Guides for WoW raid bosses.

CSULB Djoker

08-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunt of Doom View Post
The problem with these videos/guides is they teach you how to play a character on paper. In reality you can only figure out the champions quirks by trying them yourselves. As far as guides go, I think solomid has a pretty decent collection of these on paper guides. A video guide, unless it tries to create moments to show various little quirks about a character, is going to be as effective as those on paper guides.
To me, a guide still useful, because it gives a general idea/direction on where to go. I think if you were to use a completely new character that read a guide for, you have a better idea on how its used and you're not completely left in the dark about the champion. That's what I think anyways.

PunÝzher

08-18-2011

i think the problem with video guides is, every time RIOT changes something that video guide becomes useless, they are tons of videos on youtube where video guides are outdated because RIOT nerf a certain skill or chances a certain item and overall it all changes.

but i agree i much prefer to watch a video explaining why would you do this or how to position yourself and having to read a wall full of text.

my recommendation if you really wanna do it is to start with Free Champions ( sense this is under New Player Forum ) so like this all the new players (and not so new) can test without wasting any RP/IP.

I think a good starting point would be tank cos when u solo queue those are the champions you see less ( same applies to support )