Talon Mechanics Preview

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TaNKeD

08-17-2011

I bought Wukong's double bundle - disappointed.

Then bought Skarner's single bundle - disappointed.

I think I'll stick to using IP this time...Riot is too afraid to release anybody that could be deemed OP so all the newest champs have been seriously lacking or so full of bugs that they can't live up to where they should be.

GoodCleanFun

08-17-2011

I'm freakin stoked on this hero. This is a real assassin ;]

GreatSinner

08-17-2011

then we must forget our shaco?

Darqus

08-17-2011

so basicly he is a new evelynn without stun and healing on kills?

lTyraxl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-17-2011

I bet he'll deal TONS OF DAMAGE!

Caim Angelus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-17-2011

His passive doesn't make much sense.

It should make him deal reduced damage, but give him a high base AD/etc.

<_<

Luolang

08-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinNorita View Post
Jeez, we're running out of ideas! Quick, what do we do!?

Fuse champs together and market them as new champions. The idiots won't know what hit them.

Sup Wukong(Garen+Irelia+Shaco), Skarner(Blitzcrank+Urgot), and now, Talon(Kat+Vayne+Nocturne).

If that million dollar tournament didn't lag like ****, I'd say it's the better experience since things actually happen in that game..

All Riot does is rehash over and over again, and the champions get nerfed if they are slightly good. Nothing truly new has come out since Orianna (Who's due for nerfs.), and Yorick (who's terrible.)

Alas, poor Yorick. (for example.)
I could understand Wukong being seen as the quintessential generic tanky DPS (besides his Decoy), but what is this about Skarner and Talon?

Skarner plays nothing like Blitzcrank or Urgot. His ult is nothing like Blitzcrank's grab and the only thing he shares with Urgot is the fact that he has a suppression. Oh great, by that reasoning WW = Malz = Urgot...

Talon can not be simply described as Kat + Vayne + Nocturne.

He has a blink like Kat does I suppose, but his comes with a silence attached and works with the rest of his skill set. His ult is nothing like Kat's. Circling blades does not equal Kat's ult. If anything it's as if Aether's ult (Aether's ult) from RotT had a boomerang effect.

How is he like Nocturne? Talon has no spell shield, 3000 range gapcloser, AoE darkness, spell shield, or AD and AS steroid. The only somewhat similar thing I could see is his blood trail following the enemy like Nocturne's duskbringer, except there is no indication that Talon gets a free Ghost and AD on it. It says it allows him to track them, which might indicate that he follow through fog of war perhaps for a short duration.

His skill set is nothing like Vayne's. Yes, he gets Stealth + MS on his ult, but it plays out nothing like Vayne's. Vayne gets a massive boost in AD and movespeed. Talon gets stealth and the chance to set up for a massive physical nuke and use the rest of his abilities. Vayne just gets stealth every time she tumbles, which she only ever does to kite or to run away in late game. Talon uses his stealth to straight up instagib people.

SmoothMineral

08-17-2011

Sounds like a cross between Kat and Shaco.

Elderpriest

08-17-2011

Sounds good might actually buy a champ bundle

SzYm3n

08-17-2011

This champ seems to be a mix of Kat, Vayne, and Nocturne. Man this champ is gonna be beastly