Clarity on sustain changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Emilio Katrea

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaze Silver View Post
Does this mean that I'll be able to pick Karma and not get yelled at?
Karma always was a good pick. Just think of her like an alternative to Nidalee.

People just don't realize it, for they only repeat what Elementz says, and can't think of another way to play the game besides what hotshotroLL says you have to.

Emilio Katrea

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by oLambo View Post
I don't get how a 20 second cool down on Soraka's heal and a .45 ap ratio is helping to make her more balanced when you have Nidalee with a 10 second cool down with a 1.25 ap ratio...
Nidalee's is 0.75 now.

Still far better than Soraka's...also Nidalee offensive skills are all being buffed...

I see that they are trying to make LoL support champions as some kind of jack of all trades, master of none, like Perfect World's Blademaster. He tanks but not like aWerebeast. he deal damage, but not like an Archer / Mage. He supports the team, but not like a Priest. He can heal himself and run like crazy, but not like Venomancer.

The only way one BM in PW could be useful is being dps with end-game legendary items, and even this way, Archers could use the same items (hitting with fists) and deal more damage...

And there we have our jack of all trades character. It seems LoL is walking the same path...

Frozen Winter

08-19-2011

What about the people that find playing a passive support fun and not boring? There are many playstyles in this game. Why are we focusing on cutting out some? Why expecially if some find that particular style fun to play as.

BattleNun

08-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classick View Post
tl;dr The most powerful supports currently are the ones who can infinitely sustain their lane and play passively while allowing their partner to farm. This role should stay intact, but through the means of aggressiveness and confronting their opponents as opposed to playing passive. Reducing the dependency on sustenance will help broaden the spectrum of viable supports in lane, and make the lane and those characters more fun/active!
Ugh. This is an awful attitude. I'm not bored. If I am playing a support, it is because /I want to heal my teammates/. My focus in this game is not "lolol, i hit dem!" It's "lolol, numbarz go up!"

That's fun for me. That's great. Please don't tell me how to have fun. Apparently, 40 something characters based on how /other/ people have fun is not enough.

Right now I play Sona, Morgana, Janna, Karma and I want to play Soraka more but it's harder when pubbing, but it doesn't mean I don't own her and don't know how to use her and don't want to use her in team games.

This is a real time strategy game. I want to be strategic -- that means managing my mana, healing at the right time, having stuns, being able to speed up and slow down folks, and, on some characters, that means choosing who to follow around to buff and protect based on who I think will provide the most value to the team.

So if I want to spend an hour floating around after Tryn, /that's how I roll/. How is that hurting anyone? It's not hurting /me/, that's for sure. It doesn't mean I don't play Janna and Morgana, either, but apparently I'm no longer allowed to choose to focus on providing support to my team. Apparently that's not fun for some...imaginary me in somebody's head. o_O

...and /that/ doesn't even make sense.

InfernalWyvern

08-19-2011

I read the bold word first

Killrazor

08-19-2011

in beta , soraka was more of a battle mage if i remember correctly. Her starcall was actually a good spell to use, and her healing was good too. She was more balanced back then, and was way more fun to play against and way more fun to play as soraka.

BattleNun

08-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classick View Post
The thing is these passive supports have some good offensive attributes on them, and some of them are not even being used.
Actually, this line is what's really got me the most disgruntled about this. Of COURSE people who want to play pure supports aren't using the offensive attributes. Because /we want to play pure supports/. When I am playing Sona I am

1) getting close to people who need heals
2) keeping an eye out for who is running or closing so I can boost their speed
3) using my ult to save teammates or set up kills for teammates
4) hitting Q to keep my blue aura up to help my teammates get kills in terms of song twisting
5) last hitting with celerity to slow running/chasing enemies or with my W to take some heat off a teammate

Unless my team's just doing really bad and I have to AP carry, I'm not even /thinking/ about doing damage. And, guess what?

SUSTAIN IS WHAT I WANT TO BE DOING. THE THINGS I WANT TO BE DOING DO NOT INVOLVE DOING DAMAGE.

blonderain

08-19-2011

I don't see how this is going to let Sona be more aggressive nor is anyone going to want her to farm with such horrible ratios. She cannot match other support heals. She can not match the instant cc that Taric and Janna have without wasting all of her mana to build up a power chord. She is going to turn into an ult bot, she is already mid/late game.That is all she is going to be good for now. You have effectively made one of my favorite supports just a little bit more valuable then an item.

Nidalee has the best heal in the game. This should never be the case when compared to full support such as Soraka or Sona, unless you buff their damage to match Nidalee's. You have now made is pretty much possible for Nidalee to outclass the pure support characters. I don't think this is okay. Soraka's thing is to heal, yet she is now outclassed. I don't even have words for this.

I play support to support. I want to heal, I want to save my team, I want to protect them in lane. I want to defend them and make sure that I'm there helping them carry and win the game. I don't mind sitting bot protecting my lane mate, dying for them and helping them farm.

Kuryaka

08-19-2011

See Soraka Bot. That Starcall...
I'd actually look forward to playing as Soraka. Less emphasis on AP ratios and heal, more on aggressive pushing/harrassing. With Starcall and Infuse buffed, just stick in any mana-hungry caster and you're good to go.

Kinda worried about Sona though.

fkinboss

08-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptainKickass View Post
I, for one, support the changes to supports. Now I can build Soraka in ways that make her a viable top solo, going either proc build or AP/Lich Bane.

Edit: Keep downvoting for change. I'll be happy with Sorakas rework and you won't
i play soraka cdr boots, mejais, arch angel, spirit visage, rabbadons, and rod of ages and i still buy wards/do decent dmg with that silence, and heal for crazy 1k+ amounts. i never played soraka phili stone 0 cs and i won with soraka going 19-5-10 carrying my team before