Clarity on sustain changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

1st HanarSpectre

08-16-2011

Support that goes forward to poke and annoy enemies have a nasty tendency to get stomped to oblivion.
Oh, you starcalled and silenced me? Well, eat a stun, shatter + my own combo.
OOOPS U DED LOL.

redlightman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-16-2011

I misread the title at first and thought this was going to be a thread about the SS Clarity.

Hey Aqualung

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-16-2011

but using starcall will push a lane, which is what your laning partner DOESNT want

DarkRaiiin

08-16-2011

Heal is toxic.

I don't recall Rylai (and Janna, for that matter) being bad at what they do or contributing to the horrible lane sustain.

Patyrn

08-16-2011

Quote:
For instance, instead of supporting your lane by sitting in a brush and holding down W/E on your lane partner you can go out and be aggressive to protect your lane partner, using Starcall on your opponents as well as silencing them when they try to retaliate and quickly casting your heal early on whomever your opponents choose to attack. This is similar to Alistar, who has one of the weaker sustain abilities in the game but can win his lane by being extremely aggressive. Zoning off his opponents away from his partner in lane and protecting them with his powerful CC abilities.
Except that soraka is extremely squishy and has no mobility. She has has to go in close to starcall, has no hard CC, and has to push the lane to be aggressive with starcall. You're right that aggressive supports like janna are awesome. Janna has an ideal kit that's a mixture of defensive and offensive support. Soraka's kit just doesn't really fit the bill.

Nobody is going to pick soraka any more. I don't mind though, janna is my favorite support.

MillitaryBeetle

08-16-2011

I'm not a Soraka player, but admittedly it is cooled to be able to be aggressive with a champ like her.

KaptainKickass

08-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillette Series View Post
but using starcall will push a lane, which is what your laning partner DOESNT want
Remember that whole 'removing passivity' idea?

Enemy Minion

08-16-2011

So we're left with watered down mages that occasionally support, maybe. It just feels bad playing characters like this, because you can't ever shine or feel good about contributing to the team effort (see new Kayle).

RBomb19

08-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbilityPowerSion View Post
I didn't read yet, but to me "changes" rhyme with "nerfs".
Bear rhymes with chair, but you don't sit on a bear when you're tired (unless you're Annie).

EthanAsher

08-16-2011

Wow, when I read your description, it doesn't seem as bad. Perhaps Shurelia shouldn't have started with the #'s. In my experience, people don't do so well with #'s.