Clarity on sustain changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadowmere

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seffie99 View Post
if you are in range to cast starcall you're gonna get bursted. Front lining with Soraka is like front lining with an AD carry, just plain stupid. The difference between Soraka sona, and taric alistar is that they have defensive qualities to them allowing them to front line. You wanna nerf their sustain? fine. Just give Soraka and Sona some defensiveness or mobility to counter act that.

Also: don't bring up the 5 sec buff that comes with Soraka's heal, you should be healing your carries not yourself to get off some useless starcall stacks.
Good Sona will play very agressive thanks to their passive and MS buff. Soraka can hardly be played agressive right now, but I wouldn't see why she couldn't after that patch. I agree with OP, +1 for sustain change!

Dragull

08-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
Bursted

Silence

Does not compute
Bot lane: AD CARRY PHREAK, AD CARRY!
Silence does NOTHING!!!!

Not on bot lane: Team fights, Silence hits ONE PLAYER, not 5.

Do you want aggressive Soraka? REMOVE STARCALL.
Create a new skill. Something that can be used ranged and that prevents you from pushing your own lane!

ProMasterWinTown

08-16-2011

*intense rage*

Off-Topic, but if everyone's going to just consider Alistar a Support, can we just drop his tank tag and put the support tag in already? Cause It fills the Tankistar player in me with rage beyond belief

Pangurassu

08-16-2011

I'm honestly getting kind of tired of people saying that Starcall is unusable because Soraka is fragile. Base/scaling HP buffs like Classick mentions further upthread would be nice, but are people really trying to suggest that an ability with solid damage that puts you at risk is a problem without a solution?

There's a whole wing of the shop devoted solely to defense. Several very, very good defensive items also have a solid chunk of AP on them. Zhonya's Hourglass comes with one of the most potent anti-burst abilities in the game (second only to Kayle's ult, IMO), and fits neatly into the gap between Starcalls. Even if you build straight tank, you're doing a fairly decent amount of PBAOE damage with a strong, strong debuff attached, which makes you a large threat (taking damage instead of carries is a form of support).

I'm not speaking in hypothetical terms. This is a real build that works for me, right now, pre-patch, and it's getting buffed very hard. People need to consider more than just their standard build when they look at these changes.

Prosecutor Lang

08-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodmaul View Post
Starcall reduces cooldown of other abilities?

That would be something. I just really hope you guys don't ruin Soraka by nerfing her heal and giving her nothing, or practically nothing, in return. Honestly, I don't know what you COULD do, since Soraka is absolutely "the healer champion."
This ^.^

Removing the infinite sustain is a good idea, (Turrent Hugging while the opposite lane just pushes up while you really can't do anything is so lame...) but I'm afraid if so many changes happen to her, she won't be what she was designed to be.
A support focused on healing.

The CD Reduction from Starcall is something that actually interests me a lot, that makes me think; "Hey, if I try to be a little more offensive, I can help my lane a lot more" But if her heal is reduced so much, any of that incentive fades away.

Also, the Double Mana infuse. Most people state that Soraka is very mana hungry and I think so as well. I think you should either increases the CD's of Astral Blessing (And other changes to kit) or Remove the double mana boost. Not both. The fact that she posses that ability is incredibly unique and I would hate to see it go. Just my thought. ^.^

Whichi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-16-2011

**** this red is right.. The characters need changes... Waiting for 30 minutes to get a game started is boring..

Also saying soraka will be useless.. Means you need to adapt and do a different build.. He also didnt say to run up and spam starcall on an enemy.. he said you could ACTUALLY BE USEFULL when your ally gets attacked rather then just spamming heal ....

Changes will be good. This meta is the most ******ed **** ever..

Vais Vey

08-16-2011

LOL so many reds in this thread, 700 downvotes in the sustain thread stir you guys up?

Wingslime

08-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
Bursted

Silence

Does not compute
Silence Alistar

Starcall

Pulverize

Headbutt

Dead Soraka.

Full health Alistar.

Shurelia

Associate Game Designer

08-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vais Vey View Post
LOL so many reds in this thread, 700 downvotes in the sustain thread stir you guys up?
Classick is just trying to help out with clarification.

8thtime

08-16-2011

I don't get it

you have a post listing the changes of sork and sona with almost 700 downvotes.

People like playing passively some don't. Why are you telling us what you want us to play like? I want to play passively I should have the choice to do so and not be shoved into a small corner of options because it's "healthier" for the game.

People still play janna taric and alistar just as much as people play sona and sork, I would even go as far as to say, sona is the least played support atm in hyper competitive play.

instead of playing taric or janna when i want to be aggressive or playing sona or sork when I want be passive, now I must be aggressive if i want to play support champs?

This is just baffling my mind. It's not as if aggressive bottom laners weren't being played, but now we have no choice.

Every month that goes by I see player choice dwindling slowly and it's very disheartening.