@Shurelia & Guinsoo - Why you so extreme?

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 15
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FearlessBunny

08-16-2011

So, after reading 2 specific threads filled of posts with Guinsoo & Shurelia I got a clear picture of what is a buff and what is a nerf. So I want to ask why you so extreme with these cases and how these extreme buffs/nerfs could pass testing before live release

Maokai:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WExAKyY-wFE

You buffed Maokai and gave him a skill so he couldn't lose a game, maybe you thought this would balance him, but you later removed this skill without compensation. If you felt the need to buff him this bad, why not compensate him after removing it?

Heimerdinger:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbuUOG8SCos

Why you give Heimerdinger ability to deny friendly champions when you clearly didn't like GP denying friendly minions? You later removed this ability without compensating Heimerdinger, why?

Annie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkZ2r5KLgNc

You gave Annie a huge buff! You gave her the ability to get twice the effect of her ultimate then just ripped it away from her without compensation, I have been seeing a lot fewer annie's after this massive NERF you gave her.

Yorick:

Recently you nerfed Yorick like you only nerf Twitch. You made it possible to get 3 kills instead of 1 from killing him, what made you decide to go this route on nerfing Yorick?

Oooooooooor we could just call them what they are. Bugs and bugfixes, not nerfs & buffs.

Storytime kids!!
A warm August morning magical girl Shurelia is a bit nervous, she's about to go into Mr. Tryndamere's office in the Riot HQ's. She had not recieved the correct salary for 4 months straight, and had no luck presenting the evidence to the salary department (forums)

Shurelia knocks firmly on the door
- Come in
- Hi Mr.President-sir, Can I have a moment of your time?
- Of course Shurelia, take a seat and a muffin. What can I do for you?
- Well Mr.President-sir-sensei, according to my contract I should recieve 6000$ every month for working here, but for the last 4 months i've only been receiving 5000$. I have spoken to the salary department but nothing has happend.
- Oh I see, Well Shurelia, you do a good job here and are slightly underpayed, so I will raise your salary to 6000$!
- But sir, that's what I already should make every month
- Well, isn't it 1000$ more every month?
- Yes..
- Isn't 6000$ more than 5000$
- Yes it is Mr.President-sir-sensei-f?hre *Sigh*
- Exactly! Now be happy for your payraise and go back to work!
*Shurelia slowly leaves the office*

Now please tell me Shurelia, if this happend how would you react

A. Annoyed because you just lost 1000$ for 4 months, then got your correct salary but your boss calls it a "payraise" when you should've had it all along

or
B: Happy, you got 1000$ more a month, you've got such an awesome boss for giving you more cash

For the love of god stop calling bugfixes for buffs, It pisses of the community, you never see any other company say fix = buff, and if you call a fix a buff, then you better **** sure call bug for buff/nerf as well, and then drag your ass to the forum and explain why you buffed Aniva so much that she had a global low cd stun?

Doriantv

08-16-2011

Quote:
- Come in
- Well Mr.President-sir-sensei, according to my contract I should recieve 6000$ every month for working here, but for the last 4 months i've only been receiving 5000$. I have spoken to the salary department but nothing has happend.
- Oh I see, Well Shurelia, you do a good job here and are slightly underpayed, so I will raise your salary to 6000$!
- Yes..
So much win.

WatchTheTime

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-16-2011

Bro significant buff

madstermind

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-16-2011

I nearly downvoted on a knee jerk. Then I actually used common sense and read the thread. Then I loled. Then I upvoted you.

PacoTferret

08-16-2011

Will admit if riot wants to counter dota fire shurelia and hope they hire her instant win riot

WatchTheTime

08-16-2011

Bump we need a red response on this

Shining Silver

08-16-2011

good stuff

Queen Toffee

Recruiter

08-16-2011

+1 ♥
I wish I could upvote you more than once here.

That was a big herp Shurelia derped earlier. I used to think so highly of her, because she actually seemed friendly and concerned about the community. But then going off and saying that people's logic doesn't make sense when it's well.. MORE logical than hers. A teeny bit silly there, girly.

killd0zer

08-16-2011

Well it's not a skill or character buff by design, but it is a power buff. I get your point, but from a basic power perspective, it is going to buff her damage, or if you want a double negative more specific statement "It's going to lower her damage less".

Shurelia

Associate Game Designer

08-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessBunny View Post
- Come in
- Yes..

Now please tell me Shurelia, if this happend how would you react

A. Annoyed because you just lost 1000$ for 4 months, then got your correct salary but your boss calls it a "payraise" when you should've had it all along

or
B: Happy, you got 1000$ more a month, you've got such an awesome boss for giving you more cash

For the love of god stop calling bugfixes for buffs, It pisses of the community, you never see any other company say fix = buff, and if you call a fix a buff, then you better **** sure call bug for buff/nerf as well, and then drag your ass to the forum and explain why you buffed Aniva so much that she had a global low cd stun?
The difference here is that her damage was appropriate at the bugged levels, so she isn't really getting "under-payed".

1234511 ... 15