Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Release Notes v1.0.0.85

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SnakPak564674

05-13-2010

This most recent patch has me rather upset. Though not written in the patch notes, Janna's shield has not only been nerfed, but it is utterly useless now. Originally it would absorb X damage and then break or it would time out. NOW however I still take some damage while shielded. I understand that this would make sense still but this ruins the whole mechanics behind the shield and it's use. This makes the shield useless because instead of dealing damage to the expendable shield, It causes me to take health which is NOT expendable. PLEASE riot, this must be an unintended side effect of the "bug fixes with morgana's shield" Otherwise this would be in the patch notes right?

I only play Janna and no searches have yielded any results about this bug. No one really plays Janna and this is going to cut the number in half. Please fix this riot.

-John

bagnet

05-13-2010

Nerf kennen.

Cayuga

05-13-2010

Quote:
Xuno:
Not even any reasons why?

also lol @ people complaining about shens tiny nerfs, the only thing to moan at is the leviathan stacks, not his petty changes.

"Tiny nerfs; petty changes" don't make me laugh. I bet you never played Shen before. This is the second patch where Riot nerfed Shen. I throwed 975 RP's away cause he is by far no longer the champion I bought him for anymore, when he came out. On top of this all, Riot also nerfed one of Shen's most valuabled items: Leviathan which made him even worse.

Thank you Riot!! for letting Shen die. Do I (and other players like me) get some kind of refund now?

H0lyFr0ggy

05-13-2010

I say byebye to this game, **** riot keep nerfing heroes like udyr and releasing bunch of nonskill heroes without mana. byabya

Willy Sharky

05-13-2010

why did master yi get buffed. wasn't he good enough how he was already?

McReady

05-13-2010

Master Yi is always a high scorer every time I see him in a match. I can't believe they made him stronger. Just played third 3v3 match in a row with a Yi on the other team getting about 15 kills and less than 5 deaths. Blows my mind.

About ready to quit this game. Just make everyone invisible and kills are all one hit Riot. Get it over with.

KingEridani

05-13-2010

So, I was just logging on LoL to play some games when I saw that there was a new patch. So I read through the release notes, and decided I wanted to know what other summoners made of the patch.

I was sadly met with page after page (No I hadnt read them all.) of complaining about nerfing, and whining about how "their" hero has been nerfed, and how they would stop playing LoL because of it.

I'm actually kind of amazed.

The patch really isnt that bad. Udyr may have lost some of his meat, but his damage output was increased. All Riot did was move him a step towards melee DPS.

Do any of you whiners remember when Shen came out? He was extremely powerful. Everyone played him and he rocked! Not only a great tank, but a hero killer as well. So he got nerfed because he was performing better than everyone else. Isnt that the point? He got nerfed a second time because he was still slightly above par, balancing is an ongoing project, if this nerf throws him into the background, and if he's really useless, then they will buff him up in a later patch.

I also see a lot of people complaining just to... complain I guess. If you have a problem, leave a suggestion. Don't just cry here in the forums, go to the feedback section and come up with a solution.

For example, everyone has a problem with energy and non-mana heroes taking away Veigar's power. How about instead of complaining about it and they're removal of the 900 mana proxy, we come up with another solution?

Giving it a go I'd say, make a mana proxy relating to some stat of the hero, for example its 30% of their health, or maybe some multiplier of the damage/Ab. There are creative solutions to all of your problems, you just have to think them up.

Riot, I'd like to say that I support this patch, and all of the changes in it. I'm not a game designer, you guys have a competent staff of them.

I'd also like you to listen to some of the smaller voices in the community consider working with heroes not everyone plays. I saw a post about Kayle needing a buff, one about Nassus, there are just a couple heroes that could use it. Like I said, I'm no game designer, but for future patches I would make a certain number of hero "slots." any time you make any non-superficial changes to heroes (i.e. Not the Gangplank style patch) use up a hero slot, but reserve a certain amount for popular requests, and some for heroes that need it, and other things like that. Only a thought.

Thanks for listening... and everyone thats going to post tldnr.

Pickles

Recruiter

05-13-2010

Quote:
McReady:
Master Yi is always a high scorer every time I see him in a match. I can't believe they made him stronger. Just played third 3v3 match in a row with a Yi on the other team getting about 15 kills and less than 5 deaths. Blows my mind.

About ready to quit this game. Just make everyone invisible and kills are all one hit Riot. Get it over with.

Gj, because he really did suck before. You're in the minority on "master yi was good." He's good now, was bad before. Low hp as a melee fighter? At least now they made it so he can tank a burst shot with meditate. Charging in with low hp is just a no no. He's too easy to be focus fired. It's much easier to tank for a high dps tristana out in the back than a squishy master yi who runs in front of the tanks. Hands down, Yi was one of the worst melee dps. He was only good at low-elo pub stomping. He's good now though.

Pickles

Recruiter

05-13-2010

Quote:
KingEridani:
So, I was just logging on LoL to play some games when I saw that there was a new patch. So I read through the release notes, and decided I wanted to know what other summoners made of the patch.

I was sadly met with page after page (No I hadnt read them all.) of complaining about nerfing, and whining about how "their" hero has been nerfed, and how they would stop playing LoL because of it.

I'm actually kind of amazed.

The patch really isnt that bad. Udyr may have lost some of his meat, but his damage output was increased. All Riot did was move him a step towards melee DPS.

Do any of you whiners remember when Shen came out? He was extremely powerful. Everyone played him and he rocked! Not only a great tank, but a hero killer as well. So he got nerfed because he was performing better than everyone else. Isnt that the point? He got nerfed a second time because he was still slightly above par, balancing is an ongoing project, if this nerf throws him into the background, and if he's really useless, then they will buff him up in a later patch.

They actually buffed Shen's W by a lot at one point. It was useless when it came out. Now they finnally nerfed him (seriously.... he was OP though. Best tank in the game).

Koniordos

05-13-2010

really i cant download the new updates neither me nor my brother...so i want a ****ing solution to that...im really keen on this game and i want to play withought paying (such as HON does) so pls give me a solution...the error says : "the launcher has experienced an error. please restart this application."
ITS REALLY GET ON MY NERVES