Gameplay and Matchmaking FAQ

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

colloquial

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

12-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizuane View Post
As far as the Elo system is concerned, does it update *EVERY* game? And is matched game rating take the place of Elo (or is it one and the same)? Just curious as a few friends of mine and I were discussing this last night, and I'm still fairly new to the game itself.
Your Elo rating is updated after every game you play.

Ranked games use the same exact rating system as normal games.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

12-04-2010

You have four rankings:

Normal game ELO: (This is hidden and you don't know what it is)
5s solo/duo queue ELO: (For when you play SR solo/duo queue)
5s arranged ELO: (etc)
3s arranged ELO: (yada yada)

Each game you play will be in one of those categories (custom games don't use ELO as they're lobby games), win/lose the ELO change will only affect your ELO in that category, and MM will use your ELO from that category to match you. (I'm not entirely sure, but I believe having really high/low ELOs in certain categories may affect how quickly you rise/fall, at least your first few games in that category; I think it might be the higher 5s solo the quicker you'll jump up in premade ranked your first few games.)

Punt Rocket

01-20-2011

One thing most new players don't notice about towers is why minions help you push a tower. It is not just because they take hits for you, a tower's defenses decrease when enemy minions are present. They go from about 200 Armor and Magic resist to about 50 Armor and Magic resist. This allows you to do increased damage to a tower.

Zed Zardoz

09-13-2013

Can't find the terms defined anywhere. Reading the champion descriptions I get terms like "maim" and "butcher" and so forth but I can't find where they are defined.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

09-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zed Zardoz View Post
Can't find the terms defined anywhere. Reading the champion descriptions I get terms like "maim" and "butcher" and so forth but I can't find where they are defined.
This is why we don't necro year old threads; information is quite possibly outdated and no longer useful. In other words, you have no one but yourself to blame.

ktxk

11-08-2013

Do I need to buy a champion in order to play? I tried to play using the weekly available champions in a player vs. bot match but kept getting told I couldn't select the weekly champions because I didn't own them. Then I was tossed and told I had a vblack mark put on my record for abandoning the game.