Items and Auras FAQ

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TwistWrist

08-16-2011

You have to activate the item to get the active effects. Default keys are 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 for item slots 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.

MonsterBeatle

03-10-2012

I'm not a very experienced loler, but in a couple of games, I purchased Doran's Blade, and I couldn't work out how it works.

Teknia

01-17-2013

Doran's Blade doesn't have an activated ability, it has a passive

Shinspikes

02-22-2013

When you buy an item that has a whole ladder to build it, do all of the items you bought still have its affect or stats? VS just using all the money to buy the single main item?

Is there a pro and con to buying the entire build ladder vs buying that one main item?

Delete Teemo

02-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinspikes View Post
When you buy an item that has a whole ladder to build it, do all of the items you bought still have its affect or stats? VS just using all the money to buy the single main item?

Is there a pro and con to buying the entire build ladder vs buying that one main item?
Upgraded items have the combined stats of the original items, plus extra stats and/or devastating abilities. It also frees up inventory space and lets you put some new items in there.

Your build order is up to you, and only focusing on completing an item has pros and cons.

Pros: Big payoffs at the end, you'll be closer to endgame build

Cons: Can sometimes leave you vunerable in the laning phase and be generally weaker than your opponent for a time.

What I reccomend doing is getting the essential items listed in the shop that are cheap, THEN going for your big item. Oftentimes a dorans item lessens the powergap you may suffer if you rush an item.

As a side note:
An excellent first big item for pretty much every bruiser champ is a warmogs. It is broken right now.

I know youre thinking "but Phizz, I want to win my lane, and that doesnt give me damage!!! how can i win vs my enemies?

Although it does not give damage, it gives you insane amounts of hp that makes you an instant tank, and you become almost suicidal to 1v1, because most of bruiser's damage comes from base damage, not scaling.

But the real gem on this item is the regen passive. This is the broken part of the item. 1.5% of your max hp every 5 seconds. This lets you shrug off your opponent's harass as if it was nothing, and lets you win your lane through sheer staying power and unkillability.

Kroshek

03-13-2013

i've been away for about a year and i have no idea what all the new animations mean for items and auras and so on... like little things that appear above your head or on the ground or around you and also how to use all the different pings i've noticed people using....help please

iTerrance

03-13-2013

Hello fellow lolers, check out this vid it really helped me improve my game a lot!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VAKvAE1kJ8

Borror

11-13-2013

I have a question. For champion like chogath or teemo who have have an ability that activates from basic attacks, do items that say "after using an ability" for example Lich's Bane or items that say something like "after applying spell damage" get activated from those abilities that activate on basic attack?? Or do only items that say, after a basic attack work??