LoL Sequel/Expansion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fayren Galicia

05-10-2010

Methinks that Riot might release and addition to League of Legends sometime in the future (not necessarily near)...does anyone else suspect this, or am I wrong? The subtitle "Clash of Fates" leads me to think so.

YYZed

05-10-2010

When it's time for the game's engine to go for an overhaul. (aka when the current graphics/game engine are outdated compared to other MOBA)

Frozt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

05-10-2010

Clash of Fates was abandoned. I can imagine LoL getting an expansion in the distant future through a large patch to upgrade graphics and make severe changes to pvp.net and the game client along with new items and maps, but being called a large patch not expansion, though; the game regularly expands.

shortyish

05-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyte Crawler View Post
When it's time for the game's engine to go for an overhaul. (aka when the current graphics/game engine are outdated compared to other MOBA)
its already outdated
>.>

Lerry the Lebster

05-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayren Galicia View Post
Methinks that Riot might release and addition to League of Legends sometime in the future (not necessarily near)...does anyone else suspect this, or am I wrong? The subtitle "Clash of Fates" leads me to think so.
I think its likely there would eventually be a LoL 2. I'd actually be interested in Riot making a standard 30 dollar retail game after they've picked up an audience. That being said, I would hope it wouldn't be for a long time, Some people have spent a lot of money and time on this game, and I wouldn't want them to pull a valve and announce L4D2 like 5 months after the first one came out. In other words, I hope it wouldn't be for quite a long time

I don't really see how an expansion would work with this game though, seeing as how they are constantly adding champs and maps already.

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

05-10-2010

LoL isn't even a complete game yet. Riot admits that. We're told Season 1 will be a major upgrade, but things like draft mode and ranked play will be free.

ThisEndsNow

05-10-2010

They need to make a whole new Game.

Land Of legends.

MMORPG, based on the League of legends map, good / evil champions, Races, alliances.

Mix that into a MMORPG, with quests, monsters, and more, it will be amazing.
They could evan have a Part which links both games together, like a 3D lobby for League of legends, inside Land of legends, and if both are installed on your PC, you can use Land of Legends to enter League of Legends games, Evan better League of legends could be like the "battle grounds" for land of legends.

It would be amazing, to Fight a Boss Cho Gath, and when for example If any of your team falls below 30% hp, he uses Feast, and eats someone, and grows + recover's health, and goes nom nom nom nom.

They already have the 5 types of class needed, healing, tanking, magical, melee, ranged, as well as good / bad champions. They could EASY create an MMORPG based around the league.

+1000000 Rating please <3

Volpes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-10-2010

Slow down. We haven't even entered Season 1 yet. Expansions are still awhile away.

Tarion

05-10-2010

They've been talking about adding a PvE segment (Players co-ordinating against neuts), probably when they've got Season 1 finished.

rikrokola

05-10-2010

Man, MMO LOL does not sound appealing to me.

I think it's fair to say Season 1 is a sort of expansion.