Bug - Heimerdinger's Turrets Won't Spell Vamp

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xenophobed

08-14-2011

Heimerdinger's turrets apply all on-ability effects that heimerdinger has. Such as Rylie's Crystal Septer...

An item that slows whatever your abilities hit. When this item is owned it applys the on spell-hit effect of slowing.

Any other items that apply on spell-hit effects work as well..... However sence Heimerdinger's turrets are HIS spell damage, Work based on HIS ability power, Apply HIS on-hit Spell effects.

Shouldn't they also apply a on-hit Spell effect called SPELL VAMP?

If this is not a bug, please please tell me the justice in this?

Ive also heard complaints that morde's ultimate does not work for spell vamp either however i am unsure about this. Though i am CERTAIN the heimerdinger is bugged.

Steps to Reproduce:
Get into a game as Heimerdinger, Buy a spell vamp or life steal item, Place a turret down, And watch the healing not be there.

Xenophobed

08-14-2011

bump - spell vamp is a very wonderful effect to have and i refuse to play league intill this is fixed. I've been getting beat by other magic champions with their spell vamp sence mine wont work

Xenophobed

08-14-2011

bump just went into another game with heimerdinger against someone who won 4 fights because they had spell vamp and i didnt... I would but as we know its broke for heimerdinger

Xenophobed

08-15-2011

fix....

Xenophobed

08-15-2011

sigh dont ignore this... This is a legit and very annoying bug that is in your face repeatable

3mptylord

08-15-2011

Spellvamp only affects damage you deal, not your pets. Tibbers and Children of the Grave don't benfit Annie and Morde. Do you not appreciate just how overpowered it would be if spellvamp did work on pets? The reason Rylai's works is because Rylai's procs on your abilities. Jeez, it's repeatable because it's not a bug and it's suppose to not happen. Also, no duh lifesteal won't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenophobed View Post
Get into a game as Heimerdinger, Buy a spell vamp or life steal item, Place a turret down, And watch the healing not be there.
Also, no duh lifesteal won't work.

EDIT: Tibber's aura does proc spellvamp, but their auto-attacks do not.

KxSolstice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-15-2011

Yerp, Spell Vamp on Turts are not working.

Loptyr

08-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3mptylord View Post
Spellvamp only affects damage you deal, not your pets. Tibbers and Children of the Grave don't benfit Annie and Morde. Do you not appreciate just how overpowered it would be if spellvamp did work on pets? The reason Rylai's works is because Rylai's procs on your abilities. Jeez, it's repeatable because it's not a bug and it's suppose to not happen. Also, no duh lifesteal won't work.
UNIQUE: Your spell damage will slow the target's movement speed by 35% for 1.5 seconds (15% for multi-target spells and damage-over-time spells).

Well, your spell is placing the turret. The turret itself does the damage, and the turret doesn't have a rylais. Yet it slows, and heimer himself isn't doing any spell damage, because placing the turret doesn't cause damage.

Tibbers' aoe-sunfire-esque damage .does. proc spellvamp for annie. His autoattacks do not, because they are AUTOATTACKS.

Morde ghosts don't proc spellvamp because, again, they are AUTOATTACKS. The spell itself does proc spellvamp as far as I am aware.

Similarly, tibbers' persistent aoe will proc annie's rylais, but his autoattacks will not. Morde's ghosts will not proc rylais because they can only deal damage through auto attacks.

If you haven't seen a pattern yet, here it is: even when we consider pets, EVERYTHING, -everything- that procs rylais, procs spellvamp

------EXCEPT FOR HEIMERDINGER'S TURRETS------

that is the purpose of the OP. Replying "Do you not appreciate just how overpowered it would be if spellvamp did work on pets?" is at once ignorant and unrelated.

I think this comes from the turrets' damage being auto-attacks (yet they deal magic damage based on heimerdinger's AP), and I also think that Riot is terrified of siegemode heimerdinger getting spellvamp on his turrets. But, still, a reply of "this is what our definition of consistent behavior with regard to spellvamp/lifesteal and pets" from a Red would be appreciated ^.^

3mptylord

08-15-2011

Okay, so I was wrong about Tibbers.

But there's still no bug here. As you posed, just like it doesnt proc on the auto-attacks from Mordekaiser's and Annie's pets; Heimerdinger's turrets do not proc spellvamp because they are auto attacks. The reason it does proc Rylai's is because his turrets deal magic damage, whilst most other pets deal physical damage with their auto attacks.

I could consider this a bug because I believe that Jack in the Box do proc spellvamp (another magical auto-attack). But the distinction could be that Heimerdinger's turrets are classed as pets, rather than minions/wards/traps. This distinction affects tower priority. With current classifications--to benefit from spellvamp--towers would have to focus them over minions (which would kill his pushing power). *shrugs*... there should really be definitive rules made obvious somewhere.

This isn't likely a bug, though.

Azriel

08-15-2011

I second that it is not a bug as well. I believe it was done for game balancing but dont quote me.I've been seeing the same type of response pop up in every thread talking about this (use search or better just use google and see the many pages of threads)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhailRaptor View Post
Heimer's turrets do not give him spell vamp because Heimer himself is not dealing the damage, the turrets are. That would suggest that the turrets themselves should be getting healed by it instead, however, they are auto-attacking, not casting spells.

Spell Vamp and Heimer's turrets have no interaction whatsoever.
Regardless of the reason (prolly burried in a 2010 thread), it is intended that he doesnt get spellvamp from his turrets dmg (I don't think teemo spell vamps off his shroom damage either)

Edit: teemo shrooms spellvamp at 33%; I did not know this=)