Riot Games to Publish League of Legends in Europe

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skjald

05-10-2010

This is spectacular news. While I am currently quite happy in exile on the US server, I may consider the Euro server in the future, once things get up and running smoothly.

I must say, ideally there'd be just one server. LoL doesn't seem to be terribly ping-dependent, and choosing one server or the other is in any case a matter of less than 100ms for most connections.

aldariz

05-10-2010

whoa, wow... i mean... wow...

this is great news indeed. i kinda feel bad for our CMs thou. (we still love you Ymir)

Armath

05-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boz View Post
So now that EU will be getting normal and playable, can we, EU players on the US LoL, start prettypleasing Riot guys to switch over our accounts to EU? Or some kind of server merge, so I can play with my friends in EU who were too stubborn to listen to me and play with me on the US LoL?

While Riot managing the EU servers is a very welcoming addition, i would say NO to any merging or account transferring of accounts, at least for people who do NOT want, because this can seriously mess our net performance. Playing with an ms of 150-200 is a huge difference from the 70 i'm used to. So, yes to Riot finally controlling the situation, no to server merging. I'm not interested in participating in a lagfest.

HellSurvivor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-10-2010

Nice more peoples!

Felix031

05-10-2010

Omg yes!!! Thank you so much riot!!! Yeeeeaaaahhh!!!!

Luchen

05-10-2010

Just to further prove the point that riot does care about the people that are playing the game.

MSDN

05-10-2010

Cool!
Regards from Poland

Herr Trust

05-10-2010

I got a small remark to make

Quote:
Players playing in Europe need not be concerned, we will not be erasing, wiping or modifying your accounts in any way. You will keep your riot points, influence points, Summoner name, level, win/loss track etc.
The problem is my lvl 30 account on EU is named herrtrust and on US my lvl 15 account is named herrtrust
thats 2ce the same log in name how you going to fix something like that?

Frode Munksgaard

05-10-2010

Wow these is really good news for us EU players. I fear the lack of tournaments on EU servers at first, at least compared to the amount US servers are having.

I really hope for a merge kind of deal, I would personally be more than willing to change my name. Although I doubt that there is many Frode Munksgaards out there.

GJ Riot

Chimaeira

05-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armath View Post
While Riot managing the EU servers is a very welcoming addition, i would say NO to any merging or account transferring of accounts, at least for people who do NOT want, because this can seriously mess our net performance. Playing with an ms of 150-200 is a huge difference from the 70 i'm used to. So, yes to Riot finally controlling the situation, no to server merging. I'm not interested in participating in a lagfest.
There are only a few people on this planet who seem cuter the less they know. You are one of them.

That's all I will say. I am not even going to try explaining mechanics to you.

You are very cute.