What does fed mean?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Credrian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-13-2011

I here people use it a lot.. and I know it has something to do with items... what is it?

Nate Tow

08-13-2011

Being fed is when you get a lot of kills, which gets you gold to buy very good items before everyone else. That is why when you hear, "OMG he is fed" people are usually referring to the guy killing everyone without dying.

Feeding is when you are the one dying non stop "feeding" the enemy player. Don't feed, feeding is bad mmkay.

SnowTiger

08-13-2011

feed means you score kills and farms faster than anyone else

Credrian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-13-2011

Well, I guess that means I really WAS fed last match, I got a total of 29 kills, by the end I had the best possable items and an extra 2.5kg

TwistWrist

08-13-2011

Just a heads up. Those items aren't actually good. Double AA staff and two Sorc boots are not good on Ryze. Double Sorc boots are good on no one actually. If you want more magic pen, then you can get Haunting Guise or Void Staff.

Rod of Ages or Will of the Ancients can also work on Ryze but for different reasons.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

08-14-2011

Even going for a Rylai's or Guardian Angel at that point would be stronger than the second AA (his AP ratios are fairly low, you would be better served with the health & slow or defenses & ankh). Rod of Ages would be better from a pure offensive standpoint, though you likely want to pick that up earlier for its passives.

I wouldn't even bother with Haunting Guise on Ryze, either Void Staff or Abyssal Scepter; if they're stacking a lot of MR, you'll be better served with Void, if not, you'll be better with the Abyssal to try to get them into the negatives if you can. If they have just enough that you're getting them to ~5-15, it's not really worth either IMO, as you're more of a tanky mage, and you shouldn't be worrying too much about negating all of their MR.

Get Smacked 247

08-14-2011

When someone gets a lot of easy kills then gets good items

Kallen Kouzuki

08-14-2011

(With regards to your Ryze build)

Tear of the Goddess, Frozen Heart, Sorc Boots, Banshee's Veil, and Rod of Ages are the ideal items for Ryze in my opinion, and one open slot where you would eitheir put a Void Staff or a tank item (like a Thornmail or a Force of Nature) depending on whether you need to get through some Magic Resistance or if you need to stand up to their high damage Champs.

*Complicated Justification* (Depending on how new you are this may or may not make sense to you, if I'm going over your head feel free to just not read this part and know that building all Mana on Ryze ONLY will make you stronger than Ability Power)

All of his skills become more powerful with Mana, and his Q scales better with Mana than AP, and his W and E are comparable but slightly lower, but since you use Q way more than the other 2 skills, you do much more damage with this Mana build. Also, this build makes you super tanky and will give you amazing damage mid game, and decent damage late game. You also get the CDR from the FH which lets you spam your skills like crazy (remember the casting order Q W Q E Q R Q W Q E Q), and if you invest in some CDR Runes and can get your hands on Blue Buff, it will bring you much over the 40% CDR Cap, making you very spammy indeed.

For the Rod of Ages and the Void Staff I know that they provide AP and will let you counter Veigar slightly less hard (his burst does more damage the more AP that his target has), but that can be explained. The Mana from the Rod of Ages is pretty great as well, and the Health is a wonderful compliment to your already super-high Armor and MR. The AP is negligible for Ryze, but there aren't a lot of items that synergize very well with him because there are not a lot of pure Mana items. As for the Void Staff, you should really only get this if you start seeing mass BV's and FoN's. Again, it doesn't synergize greatly with Ryze, but you don't have a lot of options to take its' place.

Why no Spell Vamp? Two reasons.

1) All the Vamp items synergize HORRIBLY with Ryze... so horribly that they're literally only good for that one Vamp stat.

2) Ryze's ult has built in Spell Vamp, and with 40% CDR and Ryze's passive that knocks of a second from your cooldowns when you use a spell, you can use that to heal anyway. You don't need all that Vamp because you're so tanky that you can usually hold out until it's off Cooldown and use that to sustain yourself.

*End of Complicatied Justification*

If someone smarter than me wants to say why I'm wrong, enlighten me please.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

08-14-2011

You're wrong! (Oh wait you said smarter... )

His E doesn't get more damage with mana, however it's more used for its utility in the MR reduction, popping shields, and the spell cast (cooldowns).

Wintersfall

08-14-2011

Wait....so he scales better with mana, why not get archangels?