Elementz 5v5 Tier List (Draft Mode)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Osirris

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2010

People are banning leblanc so they dont have to deal with learning counter strategy and its a bad ban. There are lots of chars that will endgame wreck leblanc (and your team) that are better off being banned (ie the AoE CC meta - which btw most people don't realize we're in for some reason we left the beefy poke meta behind with sona/galio resurgence). I mean really banning Leblanc over galio/mumu/morg/vlad/kog/garen(even post nerf garen) doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Dunkelzahn

11-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeion View Post
I totally agree. Whereas Akali (if she's not focused) can slaughter an entire team by dashing from person to person, LeBlanc is able to burst hard once, then has to wait several seconds before she can do any kind of significant damage again.
Well of course she'll slaughter a team if she's not focused. Ranged carries do that too. But if you cough in Akali's direction, she'll explode.

CoolHeroBro

11-04-2010

Why is Alistar hard to place on a team? In my experience he counters Garen fairly well.

Stormsoul

11-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolHeroBro View Post
Why is Alistar hard to place on a team? In my experience he counters Garen fairly well.
garen isn't really so much of a threat for a large part of the game that he needs a specific character to counter him

people like twitch or kog who are going to **** you up if left alone for a few seconds, on the other hand..

but yeah, i can definitely see why he'd place alistar there. he's extremely outdated. all the other tanks can initiate, on top of doing respectable or great damage, whereas alistar initiates, then... slaps people for meaningless amounts of damage. add that to the heal nerf he took a while ago and he's not really in a great spot right now. he's not so bad that i wouldn't want him on my team (he can still perform the role of initiator quite admirably), but there are simply much better choices for your tank(s).

BrokObama

11-04-2010

This list is pretty accurate. I hope that Riot do take a look at those champ in bot tier. I love Alistar but can't play him competitively also Malzahar. It's been a while now that the same champions are at the bottom.

Stringer BelI

11-04-2010

I think too many people view this as the bible in Lol.

Its a good guide but that doesn't mean you have to agree 100% with what elementz says. Guess how he figured this out? Experience.

You guys should all make your own thoughts and not just follow this guide like blind sheep.

Bullseyed

11-04-2010

Elementz, what do you think of Riot making a champ who can always see stealth to be a counterpick to Twitch/Shaco/Eve?

Seems like it would make sense. Maybe a beefy tank champion.

Stormsoul

11-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokObama View Post
This list is pretty accurate. I hope that Riot do take a look at those champ in bot tier. I love Alistar but can't play him competitively also Malzahar. It's been a while now that the same champions are at the bottom.
you can most definitely play alistar competitively with success. his situation is alot different from most of the generally percieved low tier characters, imo. take eve, kat or trynd. eve is countered pretty easily with an oracle, kat is countered by CC during her ult, trynd is countered by cc/taking advantage of his weak earlygame.

Alistar isn't really countered so much, it's just that compared to the other tanks he doesnt bring as much. He can still do a great job as a tank and isn't a bad character that's going to lower your chances of winning, his position on the tier list is simply reflective of how much less he brings to the table compared to the other tanks. he's not a bad character per se, just outshined by others. If you really like playing alistar, i'd encourage you to keep playing him because he still does a solid job of tanking. I've personally seen quite a few successful alistars in the past few months that were really a pain to play against.

Kameleon69

11-04-2010

I want to see where morde is placed after his changes.

LegendReborn

11-04-2010

Quote:
Alistar isn't really countered so much, it's just that compared to the other tanks he doesnt bring as much. He can still do a great job as a tank and isn't a bad character that's going to lower your chances of winning, his position on the tier list is simply reflective of how much less he brings to the table compared to the other tanks. he's not a bad character per se, just outshined by others. If you really like playing alistar, i'd encourage you to keep playing him because he still does a solid job of tanking. I've personally seen quite a few successful alistars in the past few months that were really a pain to play against.
Alistar is probably the most interesting of the low tiers because he is actually amazing at what he does. If the enemy team has a few squishies that you really want to efficiently disable, kill, or keep out of the fight he is the man for the job. Reep is a fine example of what a player can do with Alistar.