Elementz 5v5 Tier List (Draft Mode)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EpicHippo

10-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian Kanzuki View Post
Allright, obviously I didn't read all 903 pages before posting this, so sorry if its allready been covered but I felt I should ask.

Soraka is placed in Tier 4, which i can't understand. by your own definition -

"Tier 4 - These champions don't fill the roles of the champions above them as good as they do."

Yet I can't understand why you consider other champions able to fufill her roll better. As a support hero she has every base covered effectivly.

Her healing is better than any other (Taric and Nidalee get better AP value's on there single target heal's than Soraka's Astral Blessing, but Wish still has the best AP ratio of any heal spell, and is global.) I can't see anyone else fufilling the roll of healer better. Wish can be quite tide turning in a team fight.

She has the unique ability to restock an ally's mana pool, which currently only Soraka can do. which along side the MR lowering effect on starcall can make her very good support for an AP carry.

She has arguably the best silence, since it is instant cast (no projectile travel time like Kassadin's which usually the enemy can cast a spell before the silence hits) Her offencive spells also mesh well with rylai's scepter giving her silence an added slow effect, and her stall call a group slow and lowering magic resistance for AP carrys to do more damage. Meaning she can have quite good crowd controle.

Her passive admitadly is a bit bland and in late game isn't really noticable would be nice if it had some scaling on it rather than a flad amount all game...

Anyway, best healing capability's, mana restocking ability, passive buffs and casting de-buffs and some good CC capabilities. suerly that makes her more capable at the support roll than almost every other support champion?

I would apreciate it if you could explain to me why she is placed in the catagory of not fufilling her roll as well as others. Maybe theres something I'm missing.

Thanks in advance.
Lets look at other "pure" support characters, like Soraka.

Sona - High DPS, a more useful teamfight ult, a heal that heals 2 people, movement speed buff, lots of aura

Taric - Lotsa aura, tanky, on demand stun, a heal that heal 2 people

Janna - AoE knockup, mobility buff, slow, shield that increases damage done, reset button, Heal

Soraka - Heal, Silence, Mana restore, AoE heal

Soraka just doesn't bring as much as the other supports to the table. Even when the others are picked/banned, which they all should never be there's probably always one, the HYBRID support champs provide just more then her now. All of her spells were nerfed until they were just shadows of what they used to be. And with the release of Sona, it was basically the signing of the death warrant for Soraka. Don't forget that the reason she's in T4, is because shes a bad champion. Tiers are based off of what other champions do. If they do what she does (heal) better, then she gets lowered. And with the amount of power the supports have at this time, shes gonna remain T4 until they buff her.

Iwillcapyourflag

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2010

Tl DR

Unr3alAnGeR

10-26-2010

Why Soraka is tier four:

Outclassed. Unless Sona, Taric AND Janna were unavailable she isn't really worth considering.

Elementz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

10-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeoneNerfMe View Post
Hi Elementz! I'm pregnant.
I don't get how this could be! I used two of them at the same time!

Elementz

The Council

10-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashinshin View Post
Locket udyr can take 2 enemy champions on head-on and force em to a tower in the first 20 minutes (if you can get a locket in that time.) After that, if he got a little feed he will be unkillable.
During team fights he stuns carries and does enough damage to force carries to back off. He won't lose to a carry 1v1.
Red buff udyr is OP.
The longer it takes to kill udyr the lesser your chances of actually killing him are. Constant turtles shields as well as probably the highest sustained damage from a tank.
Level 18 udyr gets fairly large burst damage from tiger stance (for a tanky damage.)
Udyr is largely unstoppable. You can't stop him from getting off your carry unless you focus fire him with everything. Then he bears and turtles away while his team destroys you. Then he's back in a few moments with a fresh turtle shield you have to break through with another one in a few seconds.

His only weakness is he lacks strong burst. However, in a team fight being able to consistently always stun the carry and hurt them makes up for that, really. I'd argue he is the strongest tanky damage if you look at it from a pure perspective (yes better than garen), his negatives are lack of burst and he requires a jungle.
^ this.

isobold

10-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by isobold View Post
I did some more work to evaluate P-DPS-Runes. The all new and shiny spreadsheet ist available here

Please again, just change values for Damage (sv 61), Level (sv 1), Attack Speed (AS) (sv 0,97) and Crit-Chance (sv 0%). Don't touch any other value or field. You might want to draw your own conlusions. There are 4 different sheets, but the first one will be the most interesting to you. I made again a save sheet which can't be edited to let you check if the editable one got tempered.

*sv = interesting start value, please use % for crit-values!!!
I just found and fixed a small bug in the formula for average dps with crit-chance-runes. It made them appear a bit stronger than they are. They remain at their overall position though (but are a lot closer to AS runes now). If you already toyed around with this sheet, you might however want to recheck. I'm sorry I did not find this bug before release.

GhoSTmaNFu

10-26-2010

I believe Lux is better than people realize, I have had no problems escaping and everything, her support skill works in teamfights, cast that first, then q, e, hit, r, and just back out, make sure your placement on the map is not in range and just keep spamming and you never die, i rarely ever die in games with her . . . she's a great champ, just like any other . . owned anivia's and everyone else lol, gragas gets owned too . . .

p.s. sorry for my bad grammar..but i think you understand my point hoepfully...if they raise her ap ratios, tier 1 imo..shen,janna,twitch,lux, random 5th is great team, shen ult twitch, janna, shield, lux shield, random 5th dps own everyone in the meantime ( lux shields everyone if everyone initiates at same time she can shield all at once and ult at same time...)

byeybe

dennis920

10-26-2010

Quote:
Nasus moved down to tier 4 - His role on a competitive team is a niche. If they have a really tanky team you take Nasus and counter them well. Otherwise he lacks CC and a lot of other good qualities for this meta currently.
What is the current meta? imho, nasus is still very useful to the teamfight if used correctly
ya, he may be weaker to initiate.. but hes one of the best farmer in game. He can easily equip himself with omen and other tank items to compensate his weak initiating power and go in with his ult...

late game, if farmed with his Q nicely, can bring a lot of damage.

Karandor

Adjudicator

10-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhoSTmaNFu View Post
I believe Lux is better than people realize, I have had no problems escaping and everything, her support skill works in teamfights, cast that first, then q, e, hit, r, and just back out, make sure your placement on the map is not in range and just keep spamming and you never die, i rarely ever die in games with her . . . she's a great champ, just like any other . . owned anivia's and everyone else lol, gragas gets owned too . . .

p.s. sorry for my bad grammar..but i think you understand my point hoepfully...if they raise her ap ratios, tier 1 imo..shen,janna,twitch,lux, random 5th is great team, shen ult twitch, janna, shield, lux shield, random 5th dps own everyone in the meantime ( lux shields everyone if everyone initiates at same time she can shield all at once and ult at same time...)

byeybe

She doesn't bring as much to the table as sona, taric, morgana, janna or zilean. She has a big problem where her CC, support and damage is all mediocre. Jack of all trades and master of none. Her passive is also pretty useless.

IMO she needs to have her support underpinnings removed and be turned into a pure caster for either damage or CC. Add a blind to her R and a short silence to her Q and make W a self-only defensive buff and give her some better base damage.

The best nukers in the game have been around forever, would be nice to see a new caster be able to compete with annie and anivia.

YYZed

10-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karandor View Post
She doesn't bring as much to the table as sona, taric, morgana, janna or zilean. She has a big problem where her CC, support and damage is all mediocre. Jack of all trades and master of none. Her passive is also pretty useless.

IMO she needs to have her support underpinnings removed and be turned into a pure caster for either damage or CC. Add a blind to her R and a short silence to her Q and make W a self-only defensive buff and give her some better base damage.

The best nukers in the game have been around forever, would be nice to see a new caster be able to compete with annie and anivia.
Vlad, although he's more of a damage source less of a Utility nuker.

and Lux is actually very solid, if they make her passive proc off spells she might become very viable after that, as she is designed to be a long range support/nuker hybrid, and her passive kinda breaks that rule as she has to AA to proc it.