Elementz 5v5 Tier List (Draft Mode)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CoMaNdOoO

09-08-2010

Amumu best champ in the game followed close by Morgana.

And if there was any doubt of who was the best ranged carry, Ez or Kog i think this patch has killed this doubt.

Dont knhow where Miss Fortune would be placed, hope she can make herself Tier 2.

Corki going for a top 4 ranged DPS. Right now the list would be Kog Ez Tristana/Corki cant say wich is better. So he must jump to tier 2.

Malz with 100range bonus in his ult + Supression + Void attacking who u actually want(kind of) just makes him THIS much better. Best of tier 3 at least!

Warwiki top tier on TT more than ever and i think maybe better melee DPS in the game right now(but since they are being outshined by tanks this tittle wont make a huge diff anyway). Or Shaco may still be the best but WW definetly comes closer with this buffs.

HxH Hisoka

09-08-2010

I'm just wondering how exactly do you play Garen, that it makes him a Tier 1 Champion? There a so many different ways to play him like DPS, Tank, Hybrid and I just wonder which way do you prefer?
I'm going Tank/DPS right now with Swiftness, 2x Sunfire and some situational tank items like force of nature or GA. But I heard that he can be played like.. Swiftness, Sunfire, Atmas, Frozen Mallet.

So, which playingstyle makes him tier 1?

MakoEffect

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by HxH Hisoka View Post
I'm just wondering how exactly do you play Garen, that it makes him a Tier 1 Champion? There a so many different ways to play him like DPS, Tank, Hybrid and I just wonder which way do you prefer?
I'm going Tank/DPS right now with Swiftness, 2x Sunfire and some situational tank items like force of nature or GA. But I heard that he can be played like.. Swiftness, Sunfire, Atmas, Frozen Mallet.

So, which playingstyle makes him tier 1?
Sunfire.

Lazris

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-08-2010

for me, not just sun fire. Sun fire. Leviathan and counter their team, you are just untouchable and can still dish out the dmg with judgment.. long ass silence and Demacian justice. Funny how he was T2 when he was built as a dps but they noticed tank was crazy untouchable and now hes T1 and always banned. QQ.

Raidenwing

09-08-2010

bump

measure

09-08-2010

Hi All. I'd like to add to the recent discussion around Anivia. I know many of you already have opinions on her, but I wanted to try and explain what she brings to team fights that is unique to LOL.

There has been lots of talk about how she compaires to Annie, a Tier 2 character, and I think this is a good way to investigate her strengths vs another top tier champion. In Dunkelzahnís excellent post (http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...70#post2746370) he made the point that the best characters fill a role reliably. And this is certainly what Annie does. She can burst with a R,W,Q and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

Now we all agree that Anivia is less consistent at least where her stun comes in. The stun is pretty easy to dodge 1v1, especially against very fast or blinking characters. That said, Iím not sure why people think Aniviaís are always leading with the stun past level 6. I have generally found that it is easy to use the wall or ult to force people to move in one direction and to stun them after they commit. In some ways this is even better because stunning someone inside the ult leads to more damage. More importantly, in team fights (where it really counts) a good Anivia can stun consistently. Her targets just donít have enough room to navigate and generally are too distracted to see a ball of ice coming from behind the tanks and dps at a range of 1100.

Now that that is covered there is an even bigger point that I think people have alluded to, but havenít quite touched. And for this lets bring in the other two big guns Ezreal and Morgana. Clearly everyone loves Ezreal for his massive dps/burst coupled with his ability to kite and escape. He has no CC, and isnít super tough, but it doesnít matter because of the former. Next everyone loves Morgana, who does decent damage, lots of CC (binding and ult) and has a freakishly versatile shield. There is no doubt that these characters are top tier right now.

But let me suggest that Anivia has the both the survivability and damage of Ezreal and CC that rivals Morgana and Annie. OP you might say? Yes, that is what Iím trying to get across. This is what Dunkelzahnís failed to see. He noted:

Quote:
ďMorgana has Black Shield, spell vamp and does ridiculous damage and CC while stacking survivability items. On the flip side, Anivia has no escape move other than her icewall, which is supremely unreliable as an escape mechanism.Ē
Now what he said about Morgana is true, but he is wrong about Anivia. Anivia can stack health items with ease (ROA, Rylaís, glacial shroud or abyssal scepter), which makes her very hard to kill and improves her egg a great deal. More importantly, Anivia has a ton of escape abilities besides her ice wall. Of her 4 abilities, 3 have direct CC / escape utility: Flash Frost is an Aoe slow and Aoe stun combined, her ult is an aoe slow, and of course the wall. Better still, if her team utilizes her properly by attacking or retreating using the jungle, the wall pretty much guarantees survival/kills by itself. Morgana, Annie, and Ezreal cannot save their entire team with CC. Anivia can.

But enough of Tier 1 characters, Anivia is clearly not that (Ezreal carries harder than Anivia and Morganaís shield has insane utility). Lets instead focus on the most important question: how do Annie and Anivia compare in a team fight:

Annie: Opens with her signature stun bear combo, which has a 1.75 second stun and lets her unload all of her spells (damage is 1035 + 1.9*AP). Clearly this is devastating. The problem is that now her stun counter is reset and she has to wait 5-8 seconds (depending on cooldowns) to get another stun. In summery she dominates for 2 seconds and then is has drastically reduced damage and CC from that point on.

(Note: To calculate this 5-8 second timing, look at the cooldowns of Annie's abilities. The fastest she can get another stun is: R,W,Q, E, (wait 4 sec), Q, (wait 4 sec), W with stun. The next stun will be much slower then that considering E and R will have been used).

Anivia: She doesnít initiate but opens with Ult + Frostbite (510 + 1.25 * AP) combo followed by a Flash Frost + Frostbite combo (damage 710 + 2.0 * AP) -- (total damage is 1220 + 3.25 * AP, which you will all note crushes Annie, and that with only counting 1 tic of the ult). The Ult will be placed at the center of where the dps folks get settled, giving a large 35% AOE slow (with Rylaís) to several enemies at once. This controls the field, is placed instantly, and forces the enemies to react by either retreating or taking a ton of damage with more threats from stuns and double damage Frostbites.

But that isn't all! At anytime Anivia can choose to use her wall to block enemies from coming into the fight, trap enemies in her ult, block people from approaching her position, or use the wall to ensure the team escapes. 5 seconds later she can start the entire 4 spell combo again, while most burst casters (Annie, Morgana, Ezreal, Veigar) all have 45-60 seconds to left to wait for their ults.

To me there the above illustrates a clear difference between Anivia and Annie. With big tanky dps characters being very popular Annie's burst isn't going to kill everyone. This is where Anivia shines over Annie. She can control the team fight much past the first 2 seconds, and has higher more repeatable burst damage. If things go well she will carry and if things go poorly she can save the team, which is pretty rare talent by itself.

Finally, let me make a comparison to Anivia to Ashe. Ashe wouldn't be Tier 2 without her crowd control and Anivia is a lot like Ashe. Both characters can carry and have a ton of crowd control. Both characters can go 12-0-6 or support well with 3-3-14. Both characters are strong mids, good at farming, can 1v2, have good range, and have a ton of team fight presence. It is my belief that their similarities are a telling example of the untapped use of Anivia. She is unique because she is the the best controller in the game. Period, end of story, and her burst alone puts her in Tier 3, so she has only one way to go. UP!

Thanks for listening.

Ulquiorra Cifer

09-08-2010

Quote:
Hi All. I'd like to add to the recent discussion around Anivia. I know many of you already have opinions on her, but I wanted to try and explain what she brings to team fights that is unique to LOL.
First of all avina is very situatonal sure she is very good if you fight her in the jungle but the enemy knows that too same way your team can pull the fight in the jungle the enemy team can pull it out of the jungle. Avinas ult can be countered by garen blackshield and olaf all top picks and it can aslo be stopped by silince and stuns .Ez definatly definatly has way more survivability then avina cause she needs to commit to do decent dmg and as soon she gets stunned/silinced she becomes very vulnerable where ez is much harder to kill even when he is doing dmg. Also the current metagame is dps with survivability so it is likely the enemy team already has some anti health hero/item which will mean that by building health you will lower you dmg while still staying vulnerable. Besides all that the thing that really sets annie higher is that after her combo its likely that the fight becomes at least 4 vs 5 cause she and her team bursted some1 down, but with avina its much less likely that she will be able to so easily an reliably kill some1 since you combo doesn't start with an aoe stun which means that any of the none stunned heroes can stun/silince you totaly stopping your combo and possibly causing you to die more over the top squishy picks of this metagame almost all there cause of some survivability trait:ez can blink out of your ult morgana can blackshield herself or the ally being targeted kayle can ult kog is likely too far back for you to reach him easily vlad can pool etc. not to mention that all those heroes can also use their summoner spells. Unlike with avina's combo annies combo is much harder to avoid since it starts with the aoe stun and that coupled with the big dmg means its much more likely that annies team can get a kill where they wouldn't be able too if they had avina. The key here is that most of the current survivability of the current top champs are countered by an aoe stun coupled with a big burst (ez can't blink away vlad can't pool morgana can't shield kenne can't run etc if they are stunned, kayle can't ult them if he is stunned too). Same goes for veigar cause he starts his combo with an aoe stun too folowed by alot of dmg. What your also forgetting is that the tier list is more of an order of pick list as you see tier 2 heroes are usually to be picked first second if you pick avina that early it gives the enemy a chance to counterpick her which is relatively easy compared to annie.

Ghost44

09-08-2010

In a game that holds tanks/tanky characters so high (more than half of T1) the tank killer should be held just as high. The new Kog should be T1.

iDeck

09-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmergencyCombo View Post
I whole-heartedly agree. Like I said, there is absolutely no reason not to run her now.
Yeah, look at the down vote haters that don't want to see Morganna balanced. 2 CCs, high damage, ult castable with Zhonyas active, and CC immunity for 8 seconds with damage absorb. It's a bit ridic compared to other casters.

Her Q is like throwing an exercise ball at a fat nerd. You can't miss the ****en thing, it's not even a skill shot.

iDeck

09-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost44 View Post
In a game that holds tanks/tanky characters so high (more than half of T1) the tank killer should be held just as high. The new Kog should be T1.
He can be countered by any assassin class. He fills his role perfectly and that's why he's high T2.

Garen, Morg, etc can't be.