Elementz 5v5 Tier List (Draft Mode)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ulquiorra Cifer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2010

Quote:
Cho'Gath needs to move up a few tiers as well. His high base stats and 900 bonus health from Feast make him inherently tanky and he has terrific CC, which a tank needs. A 4 second (!!) AoE silence wins teamfights and Rupture has a huge casting range and is large, which makes it great for initiation when placed correctly (for example, to the place their carries will most likely run). On top of that, Feast is a huge nuke and finisher that will make him a threat to any squishy, his spikes give him reasonable sustained damage and his passive gives laning stayability. He's always a solid pick.
Chogat suffers from mundo disease... there is no real reason to target him whats the point having alot of survivability if you don't pose enough of a treat to make the enemy team want to kill you his stun and silince are relatively easy to dodge after which you can ignore him and kill his teams squishies. What makes a good tank a good tank is the ability to let his team target the enemies teams squishies exmp: amumu cab bandage toss in and ult enabeling his team to att the enemy squishies. Garen can run past the enemy tank(you being chogat) and att dealing significant dmg to the squishies forcing the to either target him or run which are both good cause that means his teams squishies aren't being targeted. Even if you compare garens ult and chogats ult you can see that garens ult is superior cause he can use it to kill tanks which would otherwise be able to survive alot longer while chogats ult is mostly used on squishies which could be killed easily by normal dmg regardless.

Ulquiorra Cifer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2010

Quote:
You should definitely move Shen down. The only viable build on him is pure tank, and having only one cc, a small texture (harder to block skillshots for your team with) and no persistent threat he's not that good at it. His taunt has a short range and is hard to place, so it's not that useful for initiation, and it has a 10s cooldown. After that he's pretty much ignorable, and now that his ult doesn't shield himself anymore and since Feint only blocks 250 damage at the max rank, his inherent survivability isn't that great either. Sure, his ult and taunt are good for saving allies, but that would be after someone else has initiated, and you're supposed to be the main tank. I think he's an overrated champ that's outshined by other tanks.
shen can do pretty good dps for a tank due to his passive and his tuant and ult can also be use offensively his ult is especially good cause it is a tp. A good team would try to take out your squishy hero's first even if you as a tank initiate ulting your alies in the middle of a teamfight giving them the chance keep fighting instead of running can make a huge differance.

CoMaNdOoO

08-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elementz View Post
Yeah he would prolly be tier 1 with that in TT. I didn't think about that. But.. TBH TT is already incredibly imbalanced and is impossible to be completely balanced while also balancing the game around 5v5. You can get close but there will always be those champs like Mundo, Nunu(if he got those buffs) who are just too good on TT while only being mediocre on SR.

On who would care? BigMcLargeHuge would. All he does is post about TT in Council XD. So many threads... About TT... XD
I was just being sarcastic about the "who cares".

I do care about TT too, i play it alot with my friends. Actually i played more TT than SR coz im a 6 year DotA/HoN player so for me this "new map" is so fresh that makes me want to play it over and over. HoN actually has a 3vs3 mode but itīs not as good as LoLīs.

Btw,
I knhow how it is to be a top player like u, i felt it when i was world champ in Battlefield1942 and everything i talked about the weapons were like rules for buffs and nerfs on them. It made me felt so good lol. But than, age comes and responsability comes with it. Now im a casual player that owns here and there and usually get owned with my noobs but nice RL friends.

By being a competitive player for so long i really miss a replay toll here in LoL. I think that u probably think the same way. If u can give some feedback about that in terms of priority from the LoL staff i would be glad. It pisses me off that this game doesnt have a replay function, how ppl cant realize the importance of it to grow in competitive scene?

Cheers.

Elementz

The Council

08-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giganti****** View Post
Oh, how I appreciate the eloquent and insightful discussion that takes place here... Why post if you can't think of a meaningful response to my argument?

When you've positioned yourself to initiate with headbutt and knock someone out of the fight (not into your team, and they'll be back in two seconds) any competent team will have spread out a little. 200 range aoe for Pulverize is not much. Malphite can charge and stun from almost twice the range of headbutt and not be useless after casting two spells.
Okay. I'll list all the champions abilities in a row like you did and then instead of saying their good i'll just say their bad. That's all you did. You didn't give any insight or thought out posts. Simply stating that one champ has better AP ratio's or X skill is better then X skill on paper doesn't validate any argument and to me it's just someone trying to get their fav champs pushed up on a list.

Gartik

08-31-2010

Is Amumu so high due to his jungling capabilities? He is a beast on teamfights and if he lands his ult correctly it is almost an autowin now that Cleanse is less seen, but his laning is quite bad so I guess the tier 1 amumu you have placed is a jungling Amumu.

Jaikaro

08-31-2010

Have Kennen's recent buffs really made that much of a difference in his ability to contribute to a team?

Ulquiorra Cifer

08-31-2010

Quote:
Fiddlesticks should be at least in tier 2, and he's almost always superior to Vladimir and Kennen. He has a 3 second fear that pretty much guarantees a kill, an AoE silence that hits many enemies even when they're far apart and which can also be used to nuke a single target, a drain that can practically tank a dps champion in midgame and an ultimate which is still insane; 350 + 0.35 AP for 5 seconds will instagib practically anyone but tanks if they're in it for the full duration, and it is easy to place because of the built-in flash, the ghost summoner spell and syncs well with the current AoE fad (Amumu/Galio/Morgana ults). Though you said nerfs hit Fiddle, his AP ratios are still great; 0.2*10 on Dark Wind, 0.4*6 on Drain and 0.35*5 on Crowstorm. Compare this with 0.2*5 on Morgana's Tormented Soil and 0.5*2 on Anivia's Flash Frost and Frostbite.
"There's a million and 1 ways to avoid Fiddle ulti and neutralize him in a team fight with all these new champs around." Since this tier list is about hero picks priority means that fiddle would be picked first/second... means the enemy team can easily counterpick him/pick the heroes he would have good synergy with.

Morello

Lead Designer

08-31-2010
18 of 50 Riot Posts

Quote:
I don't have Goth Annie I got Sanguine Garen though which is +7 and 3/4's of awesome. He worked for a while. Seemed to be invincible for like 15 games. Then.. Well you know the rest haha.
See, there's the problem. New school season, new clothes for kids!

SirTamarin

08-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giganti****** View Post
Oh, how I appreciate the eloquent and insightful discussion that takes place here... Why post if you can't think of a meaningful response to my argument?
No offense, but a lot of the opinions you want have already been written down.

Bloodkin

08-31-2010

Quote:
Yeah Annie is usually my go to when I really need to pub stomp but even when I did good with her when I played her last I lost

It's truly a curse. Every other game I get someone DCing on my team. In the last 4 days I've seen more DC's for people on my team then I have in almost the entire season. I don't get it :*( You're MM system just hates me. Even when I play my best champs I lose even harder haha.
Its every game. The non-stop leavers and heavy feeders. A endless cycle. The curse has fallen now to you, that is elo hell.