Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Elementz 5v5 Tier List (Draft Mode)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Necessitous

08-27-2010

Quote:
gun fu panda:
I disagree with Urgot's placement. The same logic could be used for putting Garen in trash tier. They scale similarly and have ults of similar usefulness. Urgot is a ranged Garen imo, and I forsee him being moved up pretty quickly as people realize that.

Your logic fails hard. Have you even seen Urgot in action? He's only good early game. Late game he is **** on the bottom of your shoe. Their ults are nowhere near the same. Porting yourself into the middle of an enemy formation thus trading 1 for 1 is stupid. Garen ****ing kills.

suckafreesunday

08-27-2010

My question is with malphite still bottom tier after his buff? His ult is pretty good its no curse of the sad mummy but is good for ganking. His W complements his E very well adding a good amount of aoe burst to a team fight and he has a slow that makes him crack speed.
I'm not saying he is top tier but he is (I think) at least better than nunu and his miracle ult as of right now

Gutemba

08-27-2010

galio definetly needs a buff, i was thinking since you can pretty much avoid his ulti damage with merc treads, he could get some twiks, for instance for example make the ulti blow shorter if he gets the 80% bonus effect, making it possible to do the damge before the taunt ends, making him a really viable initiator in the right circunstances.

BackInYaHood

08-27-2010

that sheen nerf will suck so much
double nerf for ez and indirect one for a few others ...

Gutemba

08-27-2010

sheen nerf? i though it was buffed, from 3 to 2 seconds or something

CmoneyGetmoney

08-27-2010

Quote:
Dryesias:
Yes, but his sustained damage is so much above and beyond other ranged carries, it's not a little better, it's significantly better that his other weaknesses can be ignored. His base hp is much higher than most other casters/ranged other than Vlad. Also with a much larger range. I mean, even if a tank steps into your range, and you can drop him solo in about 4 seconds, literally. 2.5 attack speed doing 12% of your max health in magic damage + 200 in physical damage

Only weakness to his dps, is because it comes from Madreds and his W, it's a bit weaker against towers and buildings. They buffed the range on his slow last patch, and lowered the cooldown this patch, and it is a very good teamfight slow for certain.

Not to mention, during any sort of standoff, you can poke better than any with your ult, and force something to happen as they get chipped away at.

Also Morgana is support, why compare Kog'maw to her at all? Kog'maw is a ranged dps carry. Also Kayle's ult is 3 seconds. And Kog'maws slow > Kayle's slow in both it's a team damage and slow, doing about the same damage. Longer range too. And the slow stays on the ground, so if it is fired in the direction they need to go, duration is longer too.

TL;DR: It's the meta, tanky champs, Kog'maw destroys tanky champs just as quickly as squishies.

why on earth would you build up to 2.5 attack speed on any cahmp, to get him to 2.5 attack speed you would need to add 130% or rougly 3 attack speed items to accomplish this (hes got about 1.2 attack speed at 18 passive including his q).

the reason kogma inst T1 is becuase he lacks the utility that the ones in t1 have, How is his slow better than kayles? his is a skillshot that does less damage, I would take a good kayle over a good kogma on my team any day.

and wtf are you talking about him having the longest rnage? his auto attack range is 500, which is awful, one of the lowest of the rnage dps carries.

Also you have still yet to show me how he has the hihgest sustained dps in the game, can you prove this or is it just somethign you heard.

Yuruku

08-27-2010

Quote:
CmoneyGetmoney:
why on earth would you build up to 2.5 attack speed on any cahmp, to get him to 2.5 attack speed you would need to add 130% or rougly 3 attack speed items to accomplish this (hes got about 1.2 attack speed at 18 passive including his q).

the reason kogma inst T1 is becuase he lacks the utility that the ones in t1 have, How is his slow better than kayles? his is a skillshot that does less damage, I would take a good kayle over a good kogma on my team any day.

and wtf are you talking about him having the longest rnage? his auto attack range is 500, which is awful, one of the lowest of the rnage dps carries.

Also you have still yet to show me how he has the hihgest sustained dps in the game, can you prove this or is it just somethign you heard.

Activate his W. Theres your range.

While I dont agree stacking attack speed outside of passive+madreds+zerkers. Grabbing an IE or a black cleaver is better

Dicetherice

08-27-2010

Tier one is slowly getting smaller.. I hope this means this game is getting closer and closer to balanced.

Hannor

08-27-2010

Quote:
gun fu panda:
I disagree with Urgot's placement. The same logic could be used for putting Garen in trash tier. They scale similarly and have ults of similar usefulness. Urgot is a ranged Garen imo, and I forsee him being moved up pretty quickly as people realize that.

Be patient and wait for the hard AD builds to die off. People are hating Urgot right now because they can't rape face the whole game with him alone. Late game he brings incredibly hard debuffs to the table ( crazy slows, his passive, good armor debuff) instead of straight damage.

The switch from assassin type to more of a tank or anti carry is difficult to get used to, but seems to start happening around level 8-10 and his item builds need to reflect this. However, a lot of scrubs build phage and brutalizer with boots then go for a B.F. sword at the role switch mark, instead of something tanky, and start sucking hard.

On top of that he is not easy to build.

Just have patience and contribute to the build discussions. He will get bumped up soon enough.

Letkhar

08-27-2010

Quote:
CmoneyGetmoney:

If the other team was Cho'gath, Vladimir, Garen, Singed, and Amumu I would take Kog'Maw over Kayle in a heartbeat.