Elementz 5v5 Tier List (Draft Mode)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LMAOcopter

08-27-2010

Anyone have any idea where in this thread Galio is discussed? I see a lot of success with him and I'm interested in learning more about his strengths and weaknesses in high Elo.

zackattk

08-27-2010

I have to say, this last patch severely altered a lot of heroes as far as usefulness goes. Kog and Kennen got major major buffs that helped them have a stronger presence. Along with Shaco and Dinger nerfs the game is much different now.

zackattk

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMAOcopter View Post
Anyone have any idea where in this thread Galio is discussed? I see a lot of success with him and I'm interested in learning more about his strengths and weaknesses in high Elo.
Galio has a strong presence when played well and he makes quite the initiator. The main problem with Galio is, in his current state, Mercury Treads are a direct counter to his entire design. While still putting out good damage and tanking fairly well against all forms of damage, he has his flaws.

Gutemba

08-27-2010

just something crosse my mind, Elementz please take of Ezreal out of the tier 1 first spot, coz it seems to me that Riot wont stop nerfing him till you do so, and I really dont want to see him nerfed anymore. lol but goo job with the list.

Rebonack

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazinga View Post
few questions:

-why kog so high compared to b4? the buffs didnt look that much great, still he is squishy and no escaping
-why malphite didnt get higher with the latest buffs? didnt try it yet?
-why pantheon so high? still he doesnt bring much to team and didnt get many buffs recently
-why soraka so low? just for the mana nerf?
I can probably answer these.

Kog is higher than before because his Q previously offered no synergy with the rest of his skill set and the CD on W was long enough to put a serious dent in Kog's DPS output. Now Kog gets IAS from Q and the effective CD on W with full CD reduction gear is 3 seconds. He's much more reliable now.

Malph is totally overshadowed by several other great tanks that can jungle as well or better than he can. Champs like Udyr and Amumu simply outclass him all around.

Pantheon is high due to the ability to apply intense damage early-mid with his spears, his long stun, and the ability to be anywhere at any time. Never underestimate the ability to global counter-gank. So long as HSS isn't used until late game with an inventory full of (insert potent flat damage item here) he's quite competent.

Soraka took a hit with 'the mana thing' on top of nerfs to her heals in previous patches. She offers decent support, but if you want healin' you'll probably be better off with Taric of Kayle.

Paco Deth

08-27-2010

Glad to see you didn't give Malphite a big bump after his buff, he used to be one of my mains, but he's still just plain awful. Has his moments, no doubt, Ult can be very fun, but he just doesn't compare to other tank options in the slightest. I was hoping sooooo very much that his recent long list of buffs was going to make him a good pick, but he still fails at doing anything. Only thing I can see Riot doing to maybe make him a lil better, increasing his AP ratio on his Q, adding a small amount of AP ratio to his ground slam, and doing something to make his passive feel a little less useless past level 2 mark.

iDeck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMAOcopter View Post
The main problem with Galio is you can right click out of his ult and it does 0 damage (or is completely avoided with smart play.) Amumu is better then Galio in every aspect. I have seen some more success with him however with a CD/AP/MR build where he's a durable anti caster, caster. Extremely obnoxious early game and good support late game. I think he fits solid in T3.

bazinga

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post

Kog is higher than before because his Q previously offered no synergy with the rest of his skill set and the CD on W was long enough to put a serious dent in Kog's DPS output. Now Kog gets IAS from Q and the effective CD on W with full CD reduction gear is 3 seconds. He's much more reliable now.
ok i understand, ill try it out kog soon again then
i suppose its played dps or hybrid rright?

Quote:
Malph is totally overshadowed by several other great tanks that can jungle as well or better than he can. Champs like Udyr and Amumu simply outclass him all around.
but there are 2 teams and with the nerfs to shaco and heimer amumu is a possible ban
malphite ultis looks good tbh

Quote:
Pantheon is high due to the ability to apply intense damage early-mid with his spears, his long stun, and the ability to be anywhere at any time. Never underestimate the ability to global counter-gank. So long as HSS isn't used until late game with an inventory full of (insert potent flat damage item here) he's quite competent.
harass you mean solo mid? cause in lane it seems **** to me, unless his partner is a babysit like janna or similar
ulti still appears ONLY good to backdoor to me
in teamfight is nearly not usable(or for the same reasoning as for malphite there are tons of aoe ulti just more riliable)

Quote:
Soraka took a hit with 'the mana thing' on top of nerfs to her heals in previous patches. She offers decent support, but if you want healin' you'll probably be better off with Taric of Kayle.
kayle cant spam mana in lane, taric is ofc a top support but still soraka tier 4? shes got TWO heals and a silence very long

dunno i agree she is worse than b4 but i dont agree on how much

Dunkelzahn

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackattk View Post
Galio has a strong presence when played well and he makes quite the initiator. The main problem with Galio is, in his current state, Mercury Treads are a direct counter to his entire design. While still putting out good damage and tanking fairly well against all forms of damage, he has his flaws.
this right here

his ultimate is amazing, but the fact that it's countered stupidly hard by merc treads, cleanse and garen/xin zhao/udyr makes it less than stellar as an aoe initiate unlike amumu

Hannor

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by strych9 View Post
The main problem with Galio is you can right click out of his ult and it does 0 damage (or is completely avoided with smart play.) Amumu is better then Galio in every aspect. I have seen some more success with him however with a CD/AP/MR build where he's a durable anti caster, caster. Extremely obnoxious early game and good support late game. I think he fits solid in T3.
^ This.

Just wanted to add a couple things.

His ult is a poor initiate unless used in conjunction flash, crazy aoe (gangplank, fiddle, nunu, kat, etc), or the enemy team is too stupid to spread out when his ult comes off cooldown (with max cdr it's like 90 seconds). A good team will stay spread out when they see him coming, grab merc treads, and shut down any other big aoe on Galio's team.

A good Galio, on the other hand, knows that the threat of his ult alone is enough to keep the enemy out of position and his ult is better served protecting the carry. He also knows he is not a tank, more of a support with some good tanking capabilities. Lastly, his non ult skills make crappy nukes, but good support late game.