Elementz 5v5 Tier List (Draft Mode)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krendin

05-09-2010

Why the drastic difference between this and Tymed?

Is it the difference between draft and blind? And why?

Elementz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

05-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by statikk View Post
Janna and Udyr in my eyes are clearly 2 of the strongest champions in the game. Maybe you're already taking into account incoming Udyr nerfs and anticipating a Janna nerf?

Can't really complain too much other than that, of course I can nitpick, but I already had to deal with Tymed's. >.>
Janna is one of the strongest champions in the game along with Udyr. They aren't better then the tier one champions imo though. Tier 2 as I said is barely below tier 1.

Elementz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

05-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeunchainn View Post
Not present here :
Master Yi, Kennen, Tryndamere, Veigar, Teemo, Evelynn, Gankplank,
Yeah. It's because in draft mode you will never ever pick them. If you do you're just hurting your line up. They aren't good champions for competitive play.

neolithe

05-09-2010

I can understand morde being in tier 4 I suppose but I don't quite understand why kass is in tier 4. He damage output is pretty good, one of the better gankers and he brings quite a bit to team fights with force pulse spam and his silence being pretty strong. His ability to catch runners and slow them for his team after team fights is pretty good.

I feel like over all in all the tier lists, kass is one of the most underrated champs but then again I'm not high elo and I haven't been playing all that long.

Elementz

The Council

05-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disabled View Post
May I inquire about Nidalee?

Its fairly known how good of a solo mid hero she is, and the fact that she can go against a dual lane quite comfortably due to her low mana heal and decent range. I've personally seen her carry quite well, especially in a mobile team and can escape from almost any situation. Even when building for tank/cd, she is still a major threat, as her cougar form deals fairly constant damage.

She also has map control through traps, ability to jungle well and lane pushing power once she hits level 6, decent zoning through her auto attack range and skill shot and just general mobility that most heroes don't have.

I kind of expect her a bit higher in 3, or even 2 because of how good she not only is as a single hero, but how she can support as well.
She is a very good early game champion and probebly one of the strongest if not the strongest 1v1 lane champion. Her team fighting abilities and the fact she gets weaker as the game goes on make her tier 3. She's good but mostly shes just a pub star champion and smart teams know how to counter her and focus her in a team fight as she drops incredibly fast.

Elementz

The Council

05-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by neolithe View Post
I can understand morde being in tier 4 I suppose but I don't quite understand why kass is in tier 4. He damage output is pretty good, one of the better gankers and he brings quite a bit to team fights with force pulse spam and his silence being pretty strong. His ability to catch runners and slow them for his team after team fights is pretty good.

I feel like over all in all the tier lists, kass is one of the most underrated champs but then again I'm not high elo and I haven't been playing all that long.
He's like Veigar. Requires A LOT of farm. Unlike Veigar though when he gets that farm or 20 stacks of Mejai's he is incredibly strong and one of the best carries in the game imo. He is simply too reliant on his early game to be effective all game long. He's like mejai's. It's a risk buying the item in hopes that you snowball with it. If you don't snowball with it then it was a waste. That's Kass sumed up.

Elementz

The Council

05-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13endragon View Post
Okay, what I want to know is how does the Draft Mode/Tournament play stipulation affect your rankings.
Are we talking about a draft mode in which once you pick a hero the other team cant pick it?

So tier 1 is the first heroes you want to grab in a draft mode? Then yes Id agree with that list almost completely.

.. thus none of the tanks are tier 1 because Alister, mummy and Shen can suit a teams needs?
That would be correct. Once a champion is picked the other team cannot pick that champion again and have him on their team. Same goes with banning a champion.. Neither team can pick that champion.

RHINO Mk II

05-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elementz View Post
Yeah. It's because in draft mode you will never ever pick them. If you do you're just hurting your line up. They aren't good champions for competitive play.
If the enemy picked Ryze, Annie, Anivia, Karthus, and Fiddlesticks I would pick Veigar.

XD

Anarchy656

05-09-2010

In which situations do you recon it is worth picking Poppy? Any specific champs that should be with/against her to make her a good pick?

seresibyl

05-09-2010

I want to know why you guys are making tier lists.

I understand that a hero's viability depends on the current metagame, and a tier list helps people understand where everyone stands.

But these tier lists are taking on a "lol he's tier 3 don't play him" form in this game, and it's not healthy for the game as a whole.

Part of me thinks people are spouting out tier lists left and right to be the "original" tier list person for a shot at "e-fame."

I hope this isn't the motive.

Besides, counterpicking does a lot for a hero's viability. A flat tier list doesn't really show that.