Elementz 5v5 Tier List (Draft Mode)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sakagami0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-13-2010

Galio, Teir two? Explain yourself!

Panth 3? imo he needs to be lower.

Recent nerfs require that he should lvl Q instead of E first since E's Base dmg sucks and scales a bit worse. In those terms, Q is used for harassing, which isn't exactly optimal. His stun is also worse in terms of early game.

Singed vs Alistar. Imo Singed can do Alistar's job better.

Fling is much better than using two spells to achieve the same effect.
Poison is a very potent deterant for enemy chasers and is also great for pushing. Alistar can push with Roar, and knock one person out with Head butt, but Singed can deter all chasers with Aoe slow and Aoe Dot.
Alistar tanks about as well as Cho'gath.

Eppa

08-13-2010

Twitch is gonna be mid->high t2 soon.

Once people actually learn that expunge sucks you'll see how good he is.

On second though Gragas is gonna rise once people understand how powerful a counter jungler is.

Cruzerthebruzer

08-13-2010

why

Eppa

08-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakagami0 View Post
Galio, Teir two? Explain yourself!

Panth 3? imo he needs to be lower.

Recent nerfs require that he should lvl Q instead of E first since E's Base dmg sucks and scales a bit worse. In those terms, Q is used for harassing, which isn't exactly optimal. His stun is also worse in terms of early game.

Singed vs Alistar. Imo Singed can do Alistar's job better.

Fling is much better than using two spells to achieve the same effect.
Poison is a very potent deterant for enemy chasers and is also great for pushing. Alistar can push with Roar, and knock one person out with Head butt, but Singed can deter all chasers with Aoe slow and Aoe Dot.
Alistar tanks about as well as Cho'gath.
Singed needs farm, Alistar babysits.

dotCA

08-13-2010

Now I hate to be the guy who gos "WHY IS MY CHAMPION SO LOW"

But really.. Why is kassadin so low ?

I mean really, there's not another champion who can SHUT DOWN any carry in this game, in such a short amount of time. Have your tank take SOME attention, go through jungle, port to the squishy, Q to silence(They lose their DPS) E + Tele out, your team finishes squishy, wash rinse repeat with every other hero.

Like, I mean he's a god awful poke player in comparison to others, thats not what he really does. He just completely stops a DPS from doing anything. After that DPS is done, silence their next target, R in use your E; your Q should be up, pop E..
ETC.

I don't see him as a champion you can simply stop from doing this either. THAT SAID, he is hard countered by a few champions and has an easy early game to shut down.

Elementz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

08-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoVid View Post
In a discussion about the tiers, some of the other players I know brought up an important point: is this guide specific to solo queue (Elementz mostly plays ranked solo, correct?), or is it for solo and arranged? There are a lot of different concerns about which characters to use if you're teamed with random people instead of players you know how to work with.
It applies to a competitive draft mode setting where all the players are equally skilled or high skilled at least.

biomorph

08-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsiRedEye22 View Post
But Amumu has all of this in greater quantities.
I disagree with this one.
Amumu does not have a taunts for starters.
Rammus has Defensive Ball curl which also becomes insane after item build. What is the Amumu equivalent?
Amumu ultimate in effect beats Rammus no question about that but I do have a quarrel with it's cool down.
Ever so many times do I find Amumu being reluctant to do anything before he has his ultimate. The cool down also makes him more predictable when you have to account for it and when it is "safe".

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsiRedEye22 View Post
His initiation is far more valuable than Rammus', he is plenty durable after his core items. Bandage Toss is lower risk than powerball, and after rylai's, Amumu is a much better chaser.
His initiation is far more valuable IF he has his ulti where as a powerball slowing multiple champs is as good as spammable in comparison.
Bandage toss being lower risk I do not understand what you mean by that. A missed bandage toss likely means initiation cancelled or chase abrupted.
While a bandage toss stun is better than a power ball slow, if you add a taunt you have the equivalent of a 3 second stun and Rammus can do this over and over.

While I don't want to make this a Rammus > Amumu discussion I can't follow the logic in your sentence at all AND many things you claim depend on item builds which widens the discussion to several other candidates if you will.

Elementz

The Council

08-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillSmithJiggy View Post
Elementz-

I've been looking at the top ladder players and haven't seen anyone playing as Xin recently. Do you still consider him to be a great tier 2 champion? If so, what item build makes him so devastating? I've seen dozens of builds, and many of these builds seem to fail.

I'd also like to thank you for putting the time into maintaining this list. It is a great way for players to learn about the strengths of each champion and when, or how, they can be utilized effectively within a team.
I see a lot of Frozen Mallet / Starks / Madreds Bloodrazor / Banshees. That seems to be the 4 items that work best on him. I dunno the order though :S sorry.

Xozzen

08-13-2010

Why is Sion tier 2? Was there a change I missed? He was considered UP for as long as I can think.

Elementz

The Council

08-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotCA View Post
Now I hate to be the guy who gos "WHY IS MY CHAMPION SO LOW"

But really.. Why is kassadin so low ?

I mean really, there's not another champion who can SHUT DOWN any carry in this game, in such a short amount of time. Have your tank take SOME attention, go through jungle, port to the squishy, Q to silence(They lose their DPS) E + Tele out, your team finishes squishy, wash rinse repeat with every other hero.

Like, I mean he's a god awful poke player in comparison to others, thats not what he really does. He just completely stops a DPS from doing anything. After that DPS is done, silence their next target, R in use your E; your Q should be up, pop E..
ETC.

I don't see him as a champion you can simply stop from doing this either. THAT SAID, he is hard countered by a few champions and has an easy early game to shut down.
Poppy, Rammus, Annie etc.. Lots of champs can eliminate a champion from the battle almost instantly with CC and or burst damage. Tier 3 isn't low btw. Read the front page.