Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Elementz 5v5 Tier List (Draft Mode)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elementz

Senior Recruiter

05-11-2010

Quote:
Fronky:
Yeah, her sniper range AoE stun that is also the slowest moving projectile in the game.

Anivia is too easy to shut down. She is good considering she is a support/burster.

But, having her as the main caster on the team won't cut it. Annie is just way better, at everything, farming, nuking, aoe.

Having her as a support doesn't mean much when you could have picked Morgana or Janna in her place.

Tier 3 isn't bad, but Anivia isn't Tier 1.

Tier 1 basically means she should be picked every game. And that just won't happen while these superior champions (annie, ez, fidd) exist.

Well this thread is about draft. Katarina will be a direct counter to heal based teams, so that will be a good time to use her.

Right now, just play whoever you want. Kat is pretty good. But this Tier list isn't about right now.

+1 answers pretty much both those questions.

Elementz

Senior Recruiter

05-11-2010

Quote:
ImNotSure:
Why is Taric so high on the list I would think after the nerf to his ult he would be mush less useful?

Still has a reliable stun, provides healing and armor, along with some burst, and his ulti being less effective yes does hurt him but he is still a fairly strong support champion.

Elementz

Senior Recruiter

05-11-2010

Quote:
roninsm:
What makes Udyr so strong? I was under the impression that he was fairly weak in 5v5

He can play the tank/dps roll very effectively as you should check out of some HotshotGG's streams where he plays Udyr. Lots of damage, reliable stuns, great chaser, can jungle, is tanky, and farms well. Overall great champ. The changes to him may move him down a tier but we'll have to see.

Munkiemann

05-11-2010

Did the nerf to shen do anything significant to his tier 2 position, or is he still in the same spot?

theIatola

05-11-2010

Quote:
sonntaG:
Did the nerf to shen do anything significant to his tier 2 position, or is he still in the same spot?

They more nerfed his pub-stomping skills. His core skill to a team game, an aoe Taunt, is what should keep him up there.

prYzm

05-11-2010

based on draft mode i'm surprised WW is t2. In blind pick he can be a very strong jungle, he's one of the few junglers not TOTALLY reliant on getting the buffs and can still jungle passably without them. HOWEVER in draft the other team knows you have him and will take at least one CV as well as will ward/gank your ww. His ability to dragon is gonna be hampered a lot and without getting some good early ganks (harder cause they have CV) he isnt as reliable in T2.

I'd still keep him T3 but he is too counterable in draft. Unlike the other solid jungler udyr, he doesn't have nearly as much presence in a team fight because his ult is countered by cleanse (which if they know the enemy team has a WW is also going to be a fairly common summoner skill).

Like i said, no problems for blind pick but draft.... he's too high.

Elementz

Senior Recruiter

05-11-2010

Quote:
theIatola:
They more nerfed his pub-stomping skills. His core skill to a team game, an aoe Taunt, is what should keep him up there.

^ This. His W change along with AoE taunt still makes him a top tier tank reguardless of the nerfs.

Elementz

Senior Recruiter

05-11-2010

Quote:
prYzm:
based on draft mode i'm surprised WW is t2. In blind pick he can be a very strong jungle, he's one of the few junglers not TOTALLY reliant on getting the buffs and can still jungle passably without them. HOWEVER in draft the other team knows you have him and will take at least one CV as well as will ward/gank your ww. His ability to dragon is gonna be hampered a lot and without getting some good early ganks (harder cause they have CV) he isnt as reliable in T2.

I'd still keep him T3 but he is too counterable in draft. Unlike the other solid jungler udyr, he doesn't have nearly as much presence in a team fight because his ult is countered by cleanse (which if they know the enemy team has a WW is also going to be a fairly common summoner skill).

Like i said, no problems for blind pick but draft.... he's too high.

You raise a good point. Although when I played a lot of Fiddelsticks jungle I just counter warded and before the game starts you get your team to stop their team from warding your jungle. So now if they leave the lane which is losing experience and CS to come stop you, you just run away to another creep camp do it, and come back and rinse and repeat. They will be hurting themselfs just as much as they are hurting your jungle which won't be hurt as bad by them leaving lane to come get you. It's too hard to tell where he would land but the thing we can be sure about is he's a nutty jungler and pusher.

Fogojam

05-11-2010

While you were posting here

QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

Valduran

05-11-2010

Speaking of Shen, what is the reasoning for him as the top tank not being tier 1? Are tanks not considered "must picks" in the current draft pick metagame?