Elementz 5v5 Tier List (Draft Mode)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hannor

11-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rary the Traitor View Post
So if you're fully moving the tier list to your own site, will this just become a discussion thread, or are you attempting to let this thread die so that the discussion will move to your site as well?
how can anyone let the 10000+ reply thread die? These kinda threads are an endangered species and must be protected.

MathMage

11-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potato View Post
Corki's now the second best champion in the game according to Elementz.

What changes brought him from Tier 3 to the top of Tier 1? What changes brought him from being the least played champion in the game to the FotM?

An (extremely) insignificant Valkyrie change and a small missile buff. If you're unaware, it now scales 20% from AD. In an average game, end-game, a correctly built Corki will have ~300 AD, translating into 60 bonus damage (120 for "Big One"). After application of magic resist (Corki will likely have nothing beyond the 15%(?) penetration provided from the mastery), it comes out to be a lot less; definitely not even nearly game-changing. People saw that Corki received buffs; they bought him, they learned him, and they're good with him.

I'm not saying Corki doesn't deserve a Tier 1 spot. He's a ****ing great champion, even before his earlier buffs in the Miss Fortune patch. I've put hundreds of games into him and with the proper playstyle, and he's probably better than most, if not all, damage carries. What's ridiculous is that these small buffs are likely going to result in nerfs that outweigh the small buffs, or maybe even Ezrealization.

"700 damage Big One Rocket of zomg I can’t believe Corki’s R is so **** good now. Riot could of probably left the Corki buffs to just fixing Valk but oh noooo! They were like let’s give him more dps! BUFF HIS ROCKETS1!! So now Corki is hands down the best carry in the game currently. His early game isn’t whats OP about him. Its after you get 1-2 items that you realize the scaling on him is so incredibly strong that his mid and late game is just unrivaled in terms of ability to carry a team."

This quote has made me lose all of my remaining faith in Elementz. It really confirms that he has no idea what he's talking about, and rather than actually putting facts into something to support it, he spouts simple opinions or how his last game played out.
Corki's R is an extremely spammable, insanely-ranged, high-DPS AoE poke, and it just got an extra BFS late-game, and gets even more spammy with CDR e.g. golem buff. You don't see how that might bump him up a notch?

Jack Harkness

11-10-2010

Hey Elementz I have a question. I know mordekaisers spot is based on the fact he doesn't completely dominate high ranked games, but where I am (I consider it mid around 1250) he is a must pick/must ban. Why the difference? Is there a way to deal with him that we do not know?

JunkRamen

11-10-2010

Anybody who thinks Corki's buff wasn't a big one must be playing a completely different game. I played Corki before and after the buffs. The change is huge. And Elementz is not the only high Elo player who thinks Corki got overbuffed; virtually everybody up there says he's ban tier now.

Merana

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2010

Quote:
Corki's now the second best champion in the game according to Elementz.

What changes brought him from Tier 3 to the top of Tier 1? What changes brought him from being the least played champion in the game to the FotM?

An (extremely) insignificant Valkyrie change and a small missile buff. If you're unaware, it now scales 20% from AD. In an average game, end-game, a correctly built Corki will have ~300 AD, translating into 60 bonus damage (120 for "Big One"). After application of magic resist (Corki will likely have nothing beyond the 15%(?) penetration provided from the mastery), it comes out to be a lot less; definitely not even nearly game-changing. People saw that Corki received buffs; they bought him, they learned him, and they're good with him.

I'm not saying Corki doesn't deserve a Tier 1 spot. He's a ****ing great champion, even before his earlier buffs in the Miss Fortune patch. I've put hundreds of games into him and with the proper playstyle, and he's probably better than most, if not all, damage carries. What's ridiculous is that these small buffs are likely going to result in nerfs that outweigh the small buffs, or maybe even Ezrealization.

"700 damage Big One Rocket of zomg I canít believe Corkiís R is so **** good now. Riot could of probably left the Corki buffs to just fixing Valk but oh noooo! They were like letís give him more dps! BUFF HIS ROCKETS1!! So now Corki is hands down the best carry in the game currently. His early game isnít whats OP about him. Its after you get 1-2 items that you realize the scaling on him is so incredibly strong that his mid and late game is just unrivaled in terms of ability to carry a team."

This quote has made me lose all of my remaining faith in Elementz. It really confirms that he has no idea what he's talking about, and rather than actually putting facts into something to support it, he spouts simple opinions or how his last game played out.
Corki buffs in the last few patches:

Manamune released giving Corki a perfect item for his heavy mana use DPS.

Attack range now puts him more on part with other ranged carries
Really massive attack speed increase

Missiles now deal more damage and faster reload times. Much faster with blue buff, blue elixir, or CDR items. They now poke harder and more often.

Mana costs on both his primary skills reduced significantly.

Both the range and speed of his escape buffed. Imagine arcane shift or deceive with 100 more range!

So cumulatively corki has had his cooldowns, his mana costs, his damage, his attack range, his attack speed, his laning, his farming, and his item selection buffed.

This last thing that pushed him into top tier status was the valkyrie change, now his escape mechanism is top notch and he has no weaknesses.

Nothing changed about corki? In the last month he's pretty much received buffs to every aspect of every skill.

Talk about being ignorant

Actual Buffs:
=============================================
Valkyrie:
Valkyrie range increased to 800 from 700
Valkyrie base speed increased to 650 from 500

Missile Barrage:
Missile Barrage now scales off 20% of Corki's total attack damage in addition to ability power
The time to store a missile is now reduced by cooldown reduction effects
The time to store the next missile does not progress while you are at maximum missiles
Corki respawns with 4 missiles
Missile Barrage reload time reduced to 10 from 14

Gatling Gun mana cost reduced to 60/70/80/90/100 from 60/75/90/105/120
Phosphorous Bomb mana cost reduced to 80/90/100/110/120 from 90/100/110/120/130

Attack range increased to 550 from 500
Attack speed per evel increased to 2.3 from 1.86
====================

Lord GiantR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2010

Ok.

I have no F-ing Idea How Corki became INSTANTLY SO STRONG. ARGH.

Elementz NOW YOU'VE DOOMED CORKI TO BE NERFED FROM THE QQ OF THE FORUMS.

MARK MY WORDS NOW THERE WILL BE SO MANY OMG CORKI IS A GOD NOW.

So f-ing stupid.

Potato

Master Recruiter

11-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merana View Post
Corki buffs in the last few patches:

Manamune released giving Corki a perfect item for his heavy mana use DPS.

Attack range now puts him more on part with other ranged carries
Really massive attack speed increase

Missiles now deal more damage and faster reload times. Much faster with blue buff, blue elixir, or CDR items. They now poke harder and more often.

Mana costs on both his primary skills reduced significantly.

Both the range and speed of his escape buffed. Imagine arcane shift or deceive with 100 more range!

So cumulatively corki has had his cooldowns, his mana costs, his damage, his attack range, his attack speed, his laning, his farming, and his item selection buffed.

This last thing that pushed him into top tier status was the valkyrie change, now his escape mechanism is top notch and he has no weaknesses.

Nothing changed about corki? In the last month he's pretty much received buffs to every aspect of every skill.

Talk about being ignorant

Actual Buffs:
=============================================
Valkyrie:
Valkyrie range increased to 800 from 700
Valkyrie base speed increased to 650 from 500

Missile Barrage:
Missile Barrage now scales off 20% of Corki's total attack damage in addition to ability power
The time to store a missile is now reduced by cooldown reduction effects
The time to store the next missile does not progress while you are at maximum missiles
Corki respawns with 4 missiles
Missile Barrage reload time reduced to 10 from 14

Gatling Gun mana cost reduced to 60/70/80/90/100 from 60/75/90/105/120
Phosphorous Bomb mana cost reduced to 80/90/100/110/120 from 90/100/110/120/130

Attack range increased to 550 from 500
Attack speed per evel increased to 2.3 from 1.86
====================
What? Obviously. Except, I'm referring to only this patch's changes. I would hope that a reader would be competent enough to understand that. Before this patch's changes, Corki was tier 3. After this patch's changes, Corki is tier 1.

After the huge wave of Corki buffs in the MF patch, he still remained relatively unpopular and in tier 3. How many months ago was that? Two? After the small wave of Corki buffs in our current patch, he somehow is now the best champion in the game and has sprung into FotM popularity.

JunkRamen

11-10-2010

Quote:
What? Obviously. Except, I'm referring to only this patch's changes. I would hope that a reader would be competent enough to understand that. Before this patch's changes, Corki was tier 3. After this patch's changes, Corki is tier 1.
Well, part of it was that Corki was still underplayed prior to last patch. If people started picking him, he probably would've been tier 2. Gamers tend to weigh a lot of power towards scaling, so seeing him get a scaling buff to R made him a lot more attractive.

Example: A lot of idiots still think Phosphorus Bomb sucks for some reason. PBomb was never a bad nuke and doesn't need AD scaling to make Corki a menace for the first like 30 minutes of the game.

Valkyrie buff is huge. Anything that can make the difference between getting a kill or getting an escape is big. I've missed many kills and gotten killed because of the slow movement of old Valkyrie. New Valkyrie is almost as good as Arcane Shift in terms of movement. Last patch's 3-1 Corki might be 4-0 now. That's huge, especially on a character that scales so well with levels.

Also, while the scaling is small on his rockets, keep in mind the cooldown is very, very short, the range is very long, the recharge was also buffed and is also very short, and that scaling applies to damage in an AoE. Gatling Gun is known its crazy damage over time. The Big One itself does comparable damage to GG instantly and from long range.

WER Ryche

11-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThanksALatte View Post
Did you main ez before the nerfs too? Did you main jax before his nerfs way back? Did you main tf when he had global gold cards?

From ez to mf, saying neither was overpower...I smell a trend...
No. I don't play those characters. And I dont even own MF. But Elementz is overrating a champion thats been kicked in the teeth and Id hate to see her nerfed into oblivion.

DarkOrchid

11-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord GiantR View Post
Ok.

I have no F-ing Idea How Corki became INSTANTLY SO STRONG. ARGH.

Elementz NOW YOU'VE DOOMED CORKI TO BE NERFED FROM THE QQ OF THE FORUMS.

MARK MY WORDS NOW THERE WILL BE SO MANY OMG CORKI IS A GOD NOW.

So f-ing stupid.
Not Elementz fault. Other people already picked that up about Corki.

Corki will be nerf along with Sona first.