Does Tear of the Goddess stack with Archangel's Staff?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ravel

05-09-2010

I tried looking this up on the forums, but didn't find anything. Basically, I have seen some people buying both the Tear of the Goddess & Archangel's Staff in a game, and I wanted to know if the "max mana after using ability" stacks. To me it would seem like a cheap way to make an archangel's staff get pretty ridiculous.

I'm pretty sure some items are like this (items whose bonus stacks with the item that you use to build that item), but I wasn't sure in this case. Anybody tested this?

Alame

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-09-2010

They both share the same "unique" passive effect. Logically, it's the same ability, and shouldn't stack. However, there may have been an oversight, allowing them to stack.
Cannot confirm nor deny.

HolyAvatar

05-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dimos View Post
I tried looking this up on the forums, but didn't find anything. Basically, I have seen some people buying both the Tear of the Goddess & Archangel's Staff in a game, and I wanted to know if the "max mana after using ability" stacks. To me it would seem like a cheap way to make an archangel's staff get pretty ridiculous.

I'm pretty sure some items are like this (items whose bonus stacks with the item that you use to build that item), but I wasn't sure in this case. Anybody tested this?
pretty ridiculous? 20 ap (1000 mana) hurray....

However iirc the highest ap you can get is 5x Archangel+zonya's

Roros

05-09-2010

I'm curious about the same thing. While I know that you can't stack two identical uniques together, I've never seen a clear response about different items that share similar uniques - say 15% cooldown and 25% cooldown.

I'm curious because if stacking an aura with 'regular' uniques is the only thing that works, wouldn't that mean that soul shroud is the only way to reach 40% CDR (by items alone, anyway)?

Ursalgodon

05-09-2010

I'm fairly sure that you'll still get only 4 mana per cast even if you have both.

However, I have no idea of the cap grows to 2000 mana. That is... a lot of spell casts.

HolyAvatar

05-09-2010

You can stack uniques from different items so it's quite easy to get 40% cdr from items.
Archangel seem to be the only one with stacking unique. But it doesn't matter as it's not really effective...

Ravel

05-09-2010

Yeah, good point - didn't really do the math beforehand, so i didn't realize it was only 25 ability power for 980 gold, when you can just buy a blasting wand...

JigglyThePuff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-09-2010

The unique + mana passive on tear and archangel's staff don't Stack. At least, as far as the max mana gain part goes.

Lightstriker

Adjudicator

05-09-2010

Here's how it works (And yes, this is intentional):

You buy the first tear of the goddess. Max out the passive mana gain. Upgrade it. You keep the mana from the tear. You can max out the passive again.

You can now buy one more tear, and max out the passive one last time. Buying another Archangel's, or another tear, will not allow you to gain more mana from the passive.

Hope this helps.

Zanoni

05-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightstriker View Post
Here's how it works (And yes, this is intentional):

You buy the first tear of the goddess. Max out the passive mana gain. Upgrade it. You keep the mana from the tear. You can max out the passive again.

You can now buy one more tear, and max out the passive one last time. Buying another Archangel's, or another tear, will not allow you to gain more mana from the passive.

Hope this helps.
So the maximum you can get from the goddess tear/archangel staff passive is 3000 mana, right?

1st goddess tear: +1000 mana
Upgraded tear (1st archangel staff): +1000 mana
2nd goddess tear: +1000 mana

After this the passive no longer gives mana.

Edit:

Just wondering, If you upgrade to your first Archangel staff before you max out goddess's tear's passive, can you still gain +2000 mana from that one upgraded item or are you limited to whatever max mana you got from tear +1000 mana from Archangel staff? Also, if you upgrade your second tear prematurely can you still get +3000 max mana?

2nd edit:

Also, do the passives from Archangel staff and Goddess tear work simultaniously, so you can possibly gain +8 max mana from using one ability with 1 archangel staff and 1 goddess tear?

I like to get goddess tear on a lot of champions for the extra mana, so I'm kind of interested in this.

3rd edit:

Sorry for all the questions, but I have one more. If you sell goddess tear/archangel staff, do you keep the max mana that you gained from that item or does all that mana go away?