Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Champion Sneak Peek: Talon, The Blade's Shadow

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GunbladeMaster

08-12-2011

Artemis Entreri, Drizzt saga. Looks VERY similar.

Wellspring

08-12-2011

Does TotalBiscuit know about this? He better get a custom skin for this gentleman!

Zeyadingo

08-12-2011

Makes me think of Garrett from Thief more than either of the Assassin's Creed protagonists, but I guess Garrett tries to avoid using his sword, where as this guy it doesn't seem so much like it.
/shrug

smoggie

08-12-2011

does anyone notice that his blades look similar to nocturnes?

i think this guy is gonna have a bit of stealth worked into him. i hope he doesn't overshadow shaco completely though :\

the name "Talon" probably has some reference to birds, so idunno. maybe he has a backstory with swain? the whole killing people in noxus thing is too shaco for me. i don't want this to make him look like even more ****.

well, it looks to me like we've got another melee dps character in the ranks. lookin' forward to it, riot!

littletacoboy69

08-12-2011

this is the 5th mele champ in a row .....pls i just want another squishy mage. is that to much to ask for? Although i do LOVE assassins so im happy either way

Forsby

08-12-2011

Stop with the champs, fix the servers,,, RAAAAGGGGGGEEEE ARRRRGGGGHHHHH

Tso

08-12-2011

If his ultimate increases crit damage I'm going to cry. (Phantom Assassin, Coup de Grace)

God Karthus NA

08-12-2011

Did Riot just change his title?

Azulu

08-12-2011

Love the first picture of him.

Please let him work with dodge, if by scaling or, ability use, or some other mechanic.

Feel more saddened that his weapon may be another that is so up-done that it tries to look like too much instead of being just good weapons.

Therka

08-12-2011

Quote:
Easy Shade:
Lol, ripoff from Assassin's Creed.

Sure wish Riot's champ makers could have an original concept for once.

Domion: Ripoff of Arathi Basin battleground in WoW.

Dude how many original concepts do you really think there are in the world?

Technically you could say AC was an expanded Prince of Persia concept, playing an assassin instead of a prince,

Arathi basin is your basic Point capture / CTF concept used since we used sticks as guns,

Wow is after all just RPG extension

and LoL itself is based on DOTA concept, where there were at least 500 different champions to pick from in the course of its history.

Not to mention that there are countless suave, sophisticated mercenary / assassin types in literature alone, without relating to video games.

So if the designers find a concept they like and "borrow" it to enhance the game, then as long as they bring their own twist to it, I am not about to complain.

Well... not until Duke Nukem comes rolling down the lane at me...