Unable to connect to server. If you have a firewall...

1234511 ... 29
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

chadddada

05-09-2010

Error: " Unable to connect to server. If you have a firewall, it may be blocking the connection. Please refer to your firewall's documentation. Would you like to retry the connection?"

So what is up with this, and is there a resolution. It happens to me every so often where it seems like an instance of a match becomes corrupt and I can never join it. After the match is over I can connect to future games again. It is nothing to do with my firewall settings (I tested it wide open after this error and the same results - can't play again until that match is over). Has anyone else seen this and is there a solution to stop it from giving me a leave and able to get in and help my teammates?

Thanks,

Chadddada

omnibus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-09-2010

this is happening to me right now.

Riot, seems to not look at these?

Disuckzordota

05-09-2010

ive went through numerous steps that i found online on how to fix this and it still cannot boot the pando media booster.. someone help please.

Rage and Love

05-10-2010

This is unfair. I was playing the game the whole afternoon and suddenly im having this problem too. I have 2 leaves because of this problem. Unbelievable

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

05-10-2010

There are two separate problems that display this message.

If you can't start the game (having problems with the patcher) usually there is a problem with port blocking, following these steps usually helps to pinpoint where the problems lies,
1. Make sure you open your Network Ports
2. Make sure open ports are open

If you are having this problem immediately after you finish champion select, this can be caused by port blocking and firewall issues, but also may be related to another problem being investigated. If you are having this problem and don't think the issue is related to your connection, please attach your in game logs from the game where you were disconnected to this thread.

Inarus

05-10-2010

what do you do if the open ports aren't open?

It also displays another IP than the static IP I have assigned.

drizeah

05-10-2010

I've been having the same problems. I get that message if it crashes in champion select, or a different error message if Pvp.Net crashes any other time. I already posted the error message in this thread:

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=110152

Knoifed

05-10-2010

The same thing is happening to me. After selecting a hero and the window goes full screen, it stays black for a few seconds then minimizes. Here our my logs.

Rixxorz

09-26-2010

I had this problem just a moment ago. It sucked. My arranged team game went on without me, and I wasn't able to connect at all (despite a half hour of retry attempts). When the game was over, I created a practice game with the same people, and connected to that just fine.

This is definitely an issue, and definitely not my fault. It's happened to me twice now, and I'm sick of getting hit with leaves because of it.

Spehktre

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-27-2010

I have this same issue.

It is intermittent, but with high freqency. Approximate 75% of the games I join do not load and display the same message as the other users here.

I have changed my ISP and my router. The issue has persisted through both. I do not run a firewall. My windows firewall is off and I run AVG Free for an anti-virus, which has no built in firewall.

1234511 ... 29