@Riot; Is Dominion the Unexpected?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jehuty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-12-2011

I was curious, is Dominion the unexpected I was supposed to be expecting? Or is there more unexpected stuff i need to be expecting?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xin Kaishek

08-12-2011

It was indeed the unexpected, but you can "unexpect" some more stuff later this year, following Dominion.

My guess is there'll be a whole slew of new features being release from now until the release of DotA2. Dominion is the first wave of this, as DotA2 will be show at GamesCon in about ten days, roughly the same time as PAX, which heralds the release of Dominion.

After Dominion, this year I think we can expect one more major feature update, but it won't be a "major" map. (I say this because of a Riot team response I saw earlier). Other things possibly incoming would be wishlist items such as observer mode, replays, and project shiny.

My guess is when DotA2 comes out, Magma Chamber will finally be released alongside it.

All speculation, but I've been reading between the lines carefully since Dominion's release and Riot seems poised to strike.