Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] Hyfe's Guide to the Competitive Nasus (The Teamwrecker)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hyfe

06-10-2010

Two new clips up, check them out!

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=132120

Brees

06-10-2010

Quote:
Hyfe:
I think Omen is overrated. Maybe I'm wrong.

i used to think this as well, but ive been building it recently and its great. I play at an elo where you can actually rely on your carries though, so nasus is pure utility really.

(real account is inept, so yea i play nasus)

I should elaborate, it gives nasus a way to keep people off your squishies, and keep people in his ult better. Warden's is a great item on him anyway so its an easy upgrade.

roninsm

06-10-2010

I've found Omen to be pretty useful. AOE slows are always a good thing, and you're going to be in places where it hits everyone.

Hyfe

06-12-2010

I've got 5 or 6 Nasus videos up on youtube now that sort of supplement the guide. Check them out at youtube channel hyfe86.

Hyfe

06-13-2010

Shux.

MeditationError

06-14-2010

Hi Hyfe, thanks for the guide - Nasus is now my favourite character when I can 1v2 with him.

Do you have any advice against Zilean? The problem is more generally really effective harassers, but Zilean's bombs are far and away the hurtiest thing I've had to deal with so far, and the one that I haven't figured out how to deal with. In one game I ended up blue-pilling twice before 6, and Zilean's partner didn't have much of a harass that game.

I am generally pretty single-minded about farming up SS unless the opposition is overly aggressive harrassing, in which case I'll burn a little extra mana in spirit fires and give them a few love taps to get them to cool off, and then go back to farming. Zilean never gets that close, though, and just drops a bomb or two on me when I come up to last-hit, and my health steadily drops.

I usually 1v2 with a semi-premade, so calling in ganks is an option, and I get him to hold the lane when I need to bluepill, so it's not disastrous, I'm just hoping that I'm missing something that will make heavy harassment a little easier.

xDiamantx

06-14-2010

I want to play with you sometime Hyfe, I've kept a positive KDR using your Nasus guide and have been ripping teams apart with my ultimate, I'd really like to see you in game.

Hyfe

06-15-2010

@ Meditation - Zil is a tough lane for anyone without a spammable heal. Make sure you have strength of spirit and are starting with dorans shield and a health pot. You are probably going to have to level SF and farm creeps that way from a distance. It's going to hurt your SS last hitting but it will keep you from missing out on loads of xp having to port back all the time. If you are 1v2ing against zil definitely try to call for early ganks before he hits 6. Remember that you can cleanse bombs if you absolutely need to (it's going to kill you) but try not to because 4 times out of 5 the minute after you blow your cleanse is when the gank comes.

@Diamant - I've accepted at least a dozen friend requests in game from people just wanting to ask me Nasus questions or play a game. Lots of times I'm playing with premades or working on putting together a video but I'm free from time to time.

Thing is, if you are already doing good with Nasus, there's not a whole lot you can get out of watching me in a solo queue that you can't pick up from my guide. To see the subtleties that make the difference between a good and great Nasus player you need to start playing premades on vent and work on coordinating team battles, ie playing champs that compliment eachother, getting positional advantage, coordinating focus fire orders. Lots of times because I am playing the tank who's presence is crucial to winning team battles, I will be the one calling shots (ie. finish the tower then b, when to go for the risky baron, focus priorities), however, this may have less to do with playing Nasus specifially and more to do with gaining expereience as a player in general.

IceDive

06-16-2010

Quote:
roninsm:
I've found Omen to be pretty useful. AOE slows are always a good thing, and you're going to be in places where it hits everyone.

To bad it only gives armor. it is a decent choice in those games where all enemy dps is physical though. In those situations I usually go for frozen heart now. Should try Omen. Nice idea.

Btw, hyfe. cool skin

Hyfe

06-16-2010

If I do get Omen it's against a DPS heavy team and I would prefer it as a secondary item after I've already gotten a large armor item (thornmail, frozen heart) so the slow will be more effective.

BTW Ice, did you notice the ult is in fact different with the new skin, and quite badass at that?