[Guide] Hyfe's Guide to the Competitive Nasus (The Teamwrecker)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Karalas

08-09-2011

from what I read about it ehh not bothered, if anything will make perfecct placement easier of it as it no longer is delayed not to mention it deals some instant damage on set so will be great for fleeing champs especialy as Nas doesn't have many closers (unless you count them being whithered), all in all looks more like a buff considering how Nas has to be played. Add in the fact whither will reach its full slow even if shortened by tenactiy looks like Nas will actualy be more dangerous not less.

*edit Also might give him a little more pushing power as people notice chunks not very slow hidden dots so that instant chunk will probaly cause more fleeing in low ranked and for fun pvp

Vydelar

08-09-2011

Hmm, with the change to spirit fire, I wonder if a heavy ap nasus will be viable now, considering it's total ap ratio has been boosted by .2, and given 3 seconds in the aura, the damage values go from 60/102/144/186/228 +.6 ap value to 88/152/216/280/344 + .96 ap value. That's a ton of damage differencial per rank on that skill, and makes me wonder on how his full skillset would stack up with the modified abilities.

corallein

08-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urscythe View Post
I've never been horribly impressed with Nasus. He's not very potent in the early game, and pretty much everyone can lay claim to being a pentakill badass late-game with the right items.
He can be quite good early game, depending on who he's facing. Certainly there are champions he's bad against (many ranged AD carries, 1v2 versus ranged or casters), but he's a pretty good solo top laner.

Quote:
You want a late-game AD powerhouse? Go with Ashe, Caitlyn, Tristana, or maybe Miss Fortune (Ashe is best but they all have useful perks; personally I go with Tristana because her fireman skin is adorable.)
Comparing Nasus against ranged AD carries is inherently flawed.

Quote:
*snip everything else*
You know what Nasus brings to the table? Infinite damage scaling, a nice AOE armor reduction, a slow that can shut down the enemy carry, tankiness, and an "OMFG, get away from the dog!" ult that also shreds Baron if you want to try to sneak in an early one.

I would say that Nasus is way better than Sion right now. AP Sion is a beast early-game (still, even after the 0.5 second stun nerf), but gets shut down hard by BV's. AD Sion isn't worth talking about because of the 0.5 second stun nerf and his terrible base AS and movespeed.

Nasus, on the other hand, can farm all day in top lane, then show up in a team fight and 2-shot the enemy squishies while tanking a huge amount of damage.

And what Spirit Fire nerfs? Aren't they all buffs to it?
/doesn't remember the original values

GoodShepperd

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallantgreg View Post
I wonder what you guys think of the Spirit Fire nerf.
Unnecessary? Unnoticeable?
lolwut? spirit fire definitely got buffed, even if the total damage is lower than before, when did u ever get somebody to stand in it for the full 6 seconds? or even 3 or 4 seconds for that matter

Search The Cîty

08-13-2011

Lest we forget

Urscythe

08-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by corallein View Post
He can be quite good early game, depending on who he's facing. Certainly there are champions he's bad against (many ranged AD carries, 1v2 versus ranged or casters), but he's a pretty good solo top laner.

Comparing Nasus against ranged AD carries is inherently flawed.

You know what Nasus brings to the table? Infinite damage scaling, a nice AOE armor reduction, a slow that can shut down the enemy carry, tankiness, and an "OMFG, get away from the dog!" ult that also shreds Baron if you want to try to sneak in an early one.

I would say that Nasus is way better than Sion right now. AP Sion is a beast early-game (still, even after the 0.5 second stun nerf), but gets shut down hard by BV's. AD Sion isn't worth talking about because of the 0.5 second stun nerf and his terrible base AS and movespeed.

Nasus, on the other hand, can farm all day in top lane, then show up in a team fight and 2-shot the enemy squishies while tanking a huge amount of damage.

And what Spirit Fire nerfs? Aren't they all buffs to it?
/doesn't remember the original values
My question is, what kind of idiot is going to let Nasus farm? His early game is extremely weak, and if you constantly interrupt his farm he's not gonna have much of a late-game, either.

Viper27pk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-15-2011

Well lets see HYFE ARE YOU HERE?

Hyfe

10-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper27pk View Post
Well lets see HYFE ARE YOU HERE?
Wat?

Alyzar

10-17-2011

I've known about your guide for a while and I just wanted to say that it's awesome and it's the guide that got me into nasus initially. Good job ^__^

77remix

05-09-2012

I even read this recently now and used it and I pub stomped many games today.

Thanks, if anyone still reads this thread.