[Guide] Hyfe's Guide to the Competitive Nasus (The Teamwrecker)

12345612 ... 29
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hyfe

05-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squee Goblin Nabob View Post
The guide rocks. However, as Bagration mentioned, the dps isn't great. You may want to try out atma's. It's actually a very underrated item. Furthermore, who doesn't like more SS crits? Get it when there's a fair amount of phys dps so as to benefit from the armor. Naysayer's will spout nonsense like "you only have 2.5k hp you don't get any damage from atmas?!?1!?!@" And 2% of 2.5k is still 50 additional damage on top of the armor and on top of the crit chance.
Atmas is definitely a viable DPS choice, especially for taking down towers. It's an item to consider, especially against a heavy phys DPS team. Thing is, against such a team I just love grabbing Thornmail and frozen heart or randuins and LOLing as they suicide against my dmg return and ULT as my team wrecks them.

I might add atmas into my guide, because it is a decent choice, even though I typically don't get it.

DayInTheSun

05-09-2010

I guess what you can do is streamline some parts like the items section and just put a little note that there's a more in depth version on leaguecraft. I don't think you need to go too in depth on the skills/summoner spells/masteries that he uses either. Just give your recommendations and a tiny blurb justifying that decision.

Hyfe

05-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolbuttsex View Post
I guess what you can do is streamline some parts like the items section and just put a little note that there's a more in depth version on leaguecraft. I don't think you need to go too in depth on the skills/summoner spells/masteries that he uses either. Just give your recommendations and a tiny blurb justifying that decision.

Good idea. I'll put a note at the beginning saying there's a more in-depth guide on leaguecraft and then just do some trimming. I should've known to reserve a second post but it's my first guide so... rookie mistake.

Noveson

05-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyfe View Post
Haha, I remember that, it was just a few days ago. Yeah I was laning with Garen and he kept basically suiciding in the lane and saying I was bad for not helping him in his pointless kamikaze runs. So I was like dude I have like 180 Nasus wins NP and he's like "Oh I have 200 I beat you by 20". LOL. So I was like "You think I won't check your profile after this game and see you are a blatant liar?" And of course his response is "Whatever. It's on a diff acct." So I basically **** talked him and then my team got mad at me and then I started **** talking all of them because your Kass was dominating them. The funniest part is is that I joined the practice game to work on fiddle but when 3 of them picked casters I went Nasus to tank, and with my straight tank build I was like 6-4-5 or something and none of them had more than 1 kill. Fun times. It was actually that game that inspired me to include a section on lane mate raging in my 2v2 laning section.
Yeah haha I remember that perfectly. I think you were like 7-3-5 or something like that. You were top lane, Garen kept dying, and bottom lane me and nid were rocking. I remember you mentioning you wanted to try a caster.

Impressive you did as well as you did considering me and my friend Nid fed off your whole team, I believe we were like 35-2-35 together lol.

omgacow

05-09-2010

Even on a tank nasus, starks ferver is a must on him IMO. He adds alot to his team and he can hold his own in DPS with simply a Sheen+Starks

I personally see nasus as full DPS, but i think sheens and starks should be on every build

Hyfe

05-10-2010

I agree that Starks is great but not that Nasus should have it every game. Hopefully there is another champion on your team suited to carry it. I've found that in higher ELO it's much more difficult to pull of a pure DPS build as you become quickly CCed and focused down, making your devastating Ult nigh useless. More defensive oriented items will prolong your life in a coordinated match. However, if you are playing as the secondary tank with a good initiator (say Amumu), and you have 2 other DPSers on your team who will greatly benefit, it would definitely be smart to carry a Starks for them.

Hyfe

05-10-2010

Just revamped the guide a bit, obviously still just a bit more work to go.

I suppose this probably won't get a whole lot of attention until the next free Nasus week. Unfortunately I just missed it. I suppose I'll TTT it then because that's when people start spamming for help.

inept

05-10-2010

i used to play nasus.

then shen happened.

finalfantasyzeal

05-10-2010

Question:

Why do you choose Good Hands over Perseverance on your 17-13 mastery build? Is this a typo?

EDIT: Also definitely vouch for this guide.

One question... are you sure that those MP5->18 are neccessary? I was having little to no mana problems in the first game I played with Nasus, having no MP regen runes...

Hyfe

05-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfantasyzeal View Post
Question:

Why do you choose Good Hands over Perseverance on your 17-13 mastery build? Is this a typo?

EDIT: Also definitely vouch for this guide.

One question... are you sure that those MP5->18 are neccessary? I was having little to no mana problems in the first game I played with Nasus, having no MP regen runes...

I'm pretty flexible with the masteries, if you think pers is a better choice, by all means. As long as you build to your improved summoners and up to vet scars, meditate, and utility mastery.

The runes may not be necessary in a 2v2 lane but if you are 1v2ing, which is my preference in a few premades I run with junglers, you will probably have to drop SF more often to hold the lane, and you just can't do it without the MP5 runes.

Thanks for the comments and questions.

12345612 ... 29