@Boompje Firewall error

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IvyLoL Brostatus

07-10-2011

Ever since I updated to the most recent patch I have not been able to start games. I can get all the way through to champ select then then game will try to start, pvp.net will minimize and the LoL game icon appears in my dock, but the window never pops up, and then a few moments later it tells me there is a firewall error. I tried first repairing then reinstalling LoL. I ran a test on the requisite ports and it seems that (as i suspected) they are all open as they should be. Usually I hesitate to ask for help on forums but I am totally stumped on this one. Any help, oh great Boompje?

Boompje

Senior Wrenchmen

07-10-2011

Firewall error is firewall error..

Try turning it off to start with You could have several ports blocked that are used by LoL, or have LoL not accepted as application for your firewall.

If turning off doesn't help, please come back and post your full system specs (including your OS X) in here.

And, you can always ask your question in this forum. It's only a small group of posting members, and we usually have a good ethos in here

IvyLoL Brostatus

07-10-2011

The firewall on my laptop is turned off, I am on a university wifi however that has never been a problem before, additionally I ran a port test to check if the correct ports for LoL were open and in fact they were.

As per requested my specs are below:
Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,3
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MBP53.00AC.B03
SMC Version (system): 1.48f2
Serial Number (system):
Hardware UUID: 5CEFAAF2-2587-5BC9-8E65-0DFE4B706CF3
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled
Nvidia 9600M GT

firewall settings from the system profiler
Firewall Settings:

Mode: Allow all incoming connections
Firewall Logging: No
Stealth Mode: No

Boompje

Senior Wrenchmen

07-10-2011

I am still missing your OS right there.

Is your Mac under 'supervision' of a network?
There could be a certificate issue with your University network, or simply their network not trusting the app.

Have you tried running LoL with your firewall turned ON (and the correct firewall setting of course)?

If the message contains more info than just 'Firewall error', please copy paste that message into this thread.

IvyLoL Brostatus

07-10-2011

im on osx 10.6.4

My girlfriend (identical computer but on the last release of 10.5) was able to connect on the same network.

I tried turning my firewall on, but allowing LoL to get through and got the same error which is,

Failed to connect

Unable to connect tot he server. If you have a firewall, it may be blocking your connection. please refer to your firewall's documentation. would you like to retry

Boompje

Senior Wrenchmen

07-11-2011

Maybe it has to do with your OS. 10.6.4 is not supported. Try if updating to 10.6.8 helps.

IvyLoL Brostatus

08-11-2011

So I never continued to discuss this because the error magically went away, but now its back. Nothing chanaged to make it come back and nothing changed to make it go away...