How do I play Akali?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NF The Hurricane

08-11-2011

Harass with your q, also remember shroud is your best friend, I usually play more aggressive when it's off cd, some ppl underestimate akali's burst early so if they play to aggressive make them pay. Don't be afraid of playing aggressive yourself especially since you can throw down your shroud if **** goes bad.

IonianIrelia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2011

you NEED to proc both passives before the laning phase.

Kite911

08-11-2011

a little but AWESOME tip for playing akali

your Q's duration is LONGER then the cooldown, therefore use Q on them, wait till cd is off, then attack to proc the first Q and immedietly followup with a second Q+attack

the enemy never suspects that amount of burst in such a short amount of time

another thing, never, ever use E in teamfights its a waste of energy, just use R and Q to wreck the carry

Jarlot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2011

Build her tanky. For example, start with boots + pots, get a dorans blade (just if you dont have your ad mark), hextech revolver, mercury treads, rilays, lich bane, guardian angel, last item: if you are dying go more tanky (abyssal scepter, zonias, quicksilver slash, whatever you need) if you arent dying you can get a rabaddons or finish your hextech gunblade.

In teamfights, the best you can do is to try to stay invisible the most posible time, aim their carry and burst him down. Keep in mind neutral creeps, regular creeps and even champs can be the way of escape if you are getting chased / focused .

Flawliss

08-11-2011

Wakali is so bad ASS I GET SO PUMPED PLAY HER LIKE THE STRAIGHT UP RA?PE TRAIN THAT SHE IS!!! ARGH! *kicks over a table*

I discovered this akali build actually from a akali I played against, I remember she had the bloodmoon skin and complaining cause her Q was hitting so hard, after the game I looked his profile:

SS: ignite/flash

Masteries: 21/0/9 (leaves the two crit mast. at 1 and grabbin the improved ignite)

Runes: Flat AD marks, hp per lvl seals, Flat AP glyphs AND quints (gives BOTH passives at lvl 1 also the reason his Q hit so hard)

Item order: boots and 3hp pots, hextech revolver, hextech gunblade, (finish boots here, depends on situation) then guinshoos, trinforce, ryjals, and either deathcap, or some nasty ad item if you need more ad then ap for some reason (games usually dont last this long)

I think of akali as a anti carry/support and play like so, when the tank or whoever initates the teamfight, slide to their carry right away, this carry will get so caught up in your onslaught he/she will be out of the teamfight and unable to do their job, carry, shes my favorite champ I only play a total of 6 champions in ranked and I end up picking her most of the time.

Wanted to add that I end up taking mid in almost every game I play with her so I can solo alot of champs with her.

iProbie

08-11-2011

grab some defensive items if you feel like you're getting focused
rylai, zhonya, abyssal, lich bane, you name it
make her a tanky ap dps

or if you have a premade team with someone who is a good tank or distraction to the enemy team, build glass cannon for super funtime