Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How do I play Akali?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PedroLeClown

08-11-2011

The key thing about Akali is that you have to be very patient with her, rushing right after your tank will get you killed against any smart team.

You have to wait a bit let's say..3 seconds?
Your focus are squishies, look for the Veigar who just spammed everything he had.
Once you're in middle of the fight,you might aswell drop a shroud for your own safety,keep focusing the squishies and go for whatever is left after you're done cleaning up.

Sikkes

08-11-2011

Early revolvers save lives. Early gunblades win lanes. Early rylais secures kills.

You're not the tank. You're the anti carry. Also you're an ap burster so get ad/hybrid ideas out of your head. Just thought I'd clear some things up.

adding this so i'm even more useful http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=1785

Low Key Lyesmith

08-11-2011

Come around from back if you can. Just find a good positioning.
Right as you leap the carry (or squishiest) + Mark, drop shroud.
Kite carry from shroud.
GTFO.

Repeat.

Mathaios

08-11-2011

Wait some sec for your tank to initiate, R rush their carry with shroud and your Mark. In lanning phase let them overextend so you can crush them or wait patiently for lvl 6 where you start getting legendary.
Start with boots and 3 pots. Get Hextech revolver->Mercurys->Rylai or Sheen depending on hows the game. And always get 1 or 2 pots, just in case. Masteries 21/0/9 works fine for me, get 10 ad from base/masteries/runes and ap with flat+perlvl.
Mid is good for akali, but i really prefer solo top.

NF The Hurricane

08-11-2011

Show up to the fight late, kill their squishys and get the heck out. If you get cced you are dead.

Darkwahn

08-11-2011

I cant lane as Akali for some ****ing reason. I can rape peoples **** afterwards, but in lane, I just do a nothing.

Low Key Lyesmith

08-11-2011

Quote:
Darkwahn:
I cant lane as Akali for some ****ing reason. I can rape peoples **** afterwards, but in lane, I just do a nothing.

You haz the most amazing zoning tool in existence.
Use it.

Sessamo

08-11-2011

Quote:
ChewieChewtoy:
Obviously you build her some how -_- jk lol.

Amplifying tomb/Doran shield
Hextech Revolver/Mejais
Sorcboots
Rylais
Gunblade
Deathcap
Lichbane
Zhonyas (if you didn't get mejais)
Trade zhyonas for Void staff if they get a lot of magic resist

Mastery set up is 9/21/0

Runes are
Mpen Marks
Dodge seals (flat armor work good as well)
Magic resist per level glyphs or flat magic resist/ Flat CDR is also great
Flat AP quints/ Movespeed/ Magic Pen/ Flat health.

Hope this helps. And if I see you using this build in a game against me I will cry tears of sadness at the same time as you proceed to buttrape me.

Please don't ever build this. Check out the Westrice guide on solomid.net
Akali needs her own runepage (7 flat AD red marks) and 21 points in Offense for the 3 bonus AD. Starting with the spellvamp portion of her passive is HUGE.

Skylam

08-11-2011

Quote:
Darkwahn:

as soon as you hit lvl 2 get your W and place it at the back of their minons and just harrass and last hit inside it

IS19539795c3a53ceab8214

08-11-2011

Quote:
Sessamo:
Please don't ever build this. Check out the Westrice guide on solomid.net
Akali needs her own runepage (7 flat AD red marks) and 21 points in Offense for the 3 bonus AD. Starting with the spellvamp portion of her passive is HUGE.

The 21 in offense isn't necessary, you just need 9.5 AD from runes/masteries. I personally put 14 points into the offense tree and 16 into the utility tree since I find it more useful, with a full set of AD marks and still get both passives at level 1.