My personal idea on how to balance Dominion AND Normal 5v5/3v3.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Archiplex

08-11-2011

Against people saying champs will need to be changed for dominion, and etc so they can be balanced.

Why not seperate the changes from each gamemode?

It's a whole new playstyle, That means if x champion has a stun in dominion because he needs it to be useful, but if he's given said stun in normal 5v5/3v3 he'd be op, Just give him the stun limited to dominion!

This could apply to 3v3 as well to help balance that!

Since you ARE releasing dominion-only items, why not dominion-only buffs/nerfs.

I'd be completely fine with this and i see no reason others shouldnt.

Zeta

08-11-2011

No. Champions should not be different from map to map. It makes no sense, makes the game feel random, and makes it feel like 2 different games rather than an integrated experience.

Archiplex

08-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
No. Champions should not be different from map to map. It makes no sense, makes the game feel random, and makes it feel like 2 different games rather than an integrated experience.

I don't see how it would feel random if a certain champion had a few smaller stats then in normal.

After all it IS a completely new gamemode, It's SUPPOSED to be different.

Zeta

08-11-2011

Quote:
I don't see how it would feel random if a certain champion had a few smaller stats then in normal.

After all it IS a completely new gamemode, It's SUPPOSED to be different.
There's a reason why games don't do this. It's a bad idea.

Call of Duty Team: "Pistols do 40% less damage inside of airport maps, and grenades stun instead of exploding."

Players: "WTF?""

Call of Duty Team: "It's a different map, it's supposed to feel different! *trollface*"

SoBeNirvana

Adjudicator

08-11-2011

It's hard enough to memorize the abilities of 100 different Champs, much less having them all play different with seemingly different stats on different maps. Stupid idea. Can't think of any other video game series that does this, either - at least no good ones.

Archiplex

08-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBeNirvana View Post
It's hard enough to memorize the abilities of 100 different Champs, much less having them all play different with seemingly different stats on different maps. Stupid idea. Can't think of any other video game series that does this, either - at least no good ones.
Don't really see how it's hard to memorize them, i've already figured out most of every champs skills (not their exact keyspace, nor names, but what they can do.)

And simple stats changes won't do much to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
There's a reason why games don't do this. It's a bad idea.

Call of Duty Team: "Pistols do 40% less damage inside of airport maps, and grenades stun instead of exploding."

Players: "WTF?""

Call of Duty Team: "It's a different map, it's supposed to feel different! *trollface*"
Except that's an out-of-the blue change, it's completely random and it didn't really require balancing.

TT is different because the power is smaller in teams, only 3 people, meaning tanky dps's can't be killed as easily as a 5v5, same with those with escape tools.

Something like reducing the range on lux's ultimate on tt also makes sense (Not saying they should, but you know), as it has a range of half the map, whereas on rift it has a fairly smaller range compared to the map.

Dreampod

08-11-2011

Adjusting the numbers slightly up or down would be doable (but Riot has said no) but completely changing how an ability works would cause mass confusion and piss players off.

Archiplex

08-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreampod View Post
Adjusting the numbers slightly up or down would be doable (but Riot has said no) but completely changing how an ability works would cause mass confusion and piss players off.
Yeah; the stun example wasn't something i expected, i'm just talking about slight stat changes and SOME changes to skills to make it relative.

not like adding/removing stuns, but perhaps like damage, aoe size and range.