What Champion Will Rule Dominion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Humdot

09-22-2011

Shaco, I played 2 games with him yesterday came 1st in both by far (personal score) with an insane amount of kills too.

Casmidu

09-26-2011

I find that Warwick is extremely viable. Start with Berserker Greaves and a vamp. scepter, and build that into Sanguine Blade. After that go Rentae's Razors--->Phage(Frozen Mallet)---> Spirit Visage/Thornmail (Depending on their team. Spirit Visage for the extra healing since Dominions passive buff/debuff reduces healing by 15%(20% maybe?) You are almost unstoppable, you can tower dive 2 champs usually, and cap the point. Be wary of certain champs, Kayle is decent vs. WW with her ult. Build that and you'll dominate. You'll be relatively weak until you get the B.F sword part of your Sanguine Blade.

PerfidiousAlbion

09-26-2011

I don't get why people think that champs who rely on long CD ults will do well in Dominion and then use that ult as the reason. If I'm Galio and I'm awesome thanks to my ult but I'm only going to get to use that ult all of 5 times in a game then am I really awesome?

Obvious exception is Karthus, but that's due to his passive allowing him to defend even in death as well as having a great ult.

I'm far more partial to people with low CD ults that are very handy, like Kog/Kass/Lux. The only way you're capturing a point with an enemy Kog nearby is if you kill that Kog first.

GnomeDigest

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2011

Riot has mechanisms in place to encourage comebacks which generally means the far majority of games go to lategame builds. Champions like Jax, Poppy, Tryn, and Yi who thrive off those lategame builds while enjoying the free farm seem to do great.

Stargate S8G

09-26-2011

Akali x 40.

She's broken on Dominion. Fine on SR, but completely ass-broken on dominion.

SquidBlub

09-26-2011

Yeah, anybody whose weak early game is their only drawback is kicking ass because they reach 1v3 mode so fast.

Larcent

09-26-2011

I think Galio is going to be a sleeper hit on this map, particularly in draft modes where Rammus and Singed are likely to get banned.

His poking is amazing and can stop multiple champs trying to capture towers. Built tanky, he can survive ambush attempts on the inside of the map, allowing him to serve as a good "patroller" to protect points without having to sit on top of them like Heimerdinger. The movement boost on his E is so much more useful on this map than it is on Summoner's Rift, as is the slow on his Q.

And you don't even need to focus on his damage so much, because that's not what he's for if he's built tanky. I don't feel like I'm weakening him at all if I get two armor items instead of stacking MR in order to deal with the tanky DPS attackers.

I have no idea if AP Galio would work. Maybe as a point attacker/pusher staying on the outside ring.

Of course, Galio is my favorite champion, so I have no objectivity.